Pelicans Report

Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1439

Thread: Official Summer League Games Thread

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Ah well

We blew that game and the refs didn’t help! Oh well.. We got to see some great play from our young guys who got some invaluable experience. We escaped without any real injury which is great.

Pels life

Good summer league guys, it's been fun
    Basketball.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Why do we always get brain dead refs? They were intentionally fouling! LOL!!!

hey the refs finally got their wish and got us out clearly trying to foul and instead they call a walk that didn't happen? lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Why was Davon Bess in the game for the last 30 seconds instead of Hayes?

We were robbed!

Has there ever been an NBA game that ended with people thinking the officiating was decent?

Situation normal.

But a great showing from our young prospects and long term injury free. That's all we can ask for.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Second game in a row we’re the calls go against us at the end of the game.

Terrible no foul call and an even worse travel call.

This is was the farthest this refs career will go. What a chump!!!

Not gonna lie... in heated about that call. SUCH BS!!!

Man I really wish we could have seen Frank and Zion playing with NAW, Hayes, Keinrich, and Didi. That would have been one fun group to watch! Probably best Zion didn’t play so we could see more from NAW and Hayes allowing them to get more touches. I just wish we could have see more of Frank and NAW in the back court. That’s alright because we will be watching these kids for a long time when it matters!

Cheatham missed the ball screen switch. Superior basketball IQ. But the egregious non-foul call followed by the traveling call (legit only if you ignore the foul call) was horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Hayes is fantastic. He's shown a lot of really, really good signs, and personally, I would have left him in and either lived or died by it.

But it's easy to see why they would take him out. Dude without much high level basketball experience, who has even less experience playing at his current position, and who has a lot of learning to do with regards to fundamentals, isn't going to get the clutch moment. Just won't happen, 9 times out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Second game in a row we’re the calls go against us at the end of the game.

Terrible no foul call and an even worse travel call.

This is was the farthest this refs career will go. What a chump!!!

Not gonna lie... in heated about that call. SUCH BS!!!
    Should of thrown a challenge out there, but we probably don't want a Summer League chip. We got enough tape on our guys. Why risk injuries with a 3rd btb

Ah well. Our better guys weren't shooting well, we didn't have an answer for Brandon Clarke and NAW was generally kind of off, was bound to happen eventually. I loved the fight, especially from Didi, to make the comeback and put us in a position to win it.

I know its Summer League and I'm sure we were experimenting with different things, but Alexander-Walker was 5-23 tonight from the field, Hayes was 4-5 and most of those were putbacks. We didn't even try to get the ball to Hayes in the low post. Was if because of who Memphis had in the game, or was our gameplan to take outside shots?

Yeah if we were healthy we would have crushed this league. We got far. Time to move on to the real season.

He and Cheatham should not have been in the arena, much less on the floor.

I know its Summer League and I'm sure we were experimenting with different things, but Alexander-Walker was 5-23 tonight from the field, Hayes was 4-5 and most of those were putbacks. We didn't even try to get the ball to Hayes in the low post. Was if because of who Memphis had in the game, or was our gameplan to take outside shots?
    Tired legs, no game planning. Hayes had enough looks to get 30 points, easy. They didn't want to pass to him. They as in Carr

New Orleans loses in the semifinals in the last minute on a blown call by officials --- sound familiar?!

It's because Brandon Clarke is an extremely good defender and Hayes doesn't have nearly the experience or strength at this point to take Clarke on in the post.

A better question would be why there are so many guards out there (Carr has a big arrow on him for this) who don't know how to pass the ball to Hayes when he's wide open under the basket. That's a far more egregious problem than Hayes not getting touches on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's because Brandon Clarke is an extremely good defender and Hayes doesn't have nearly the experience or strength at this point to take Clarke on in the post.

A better question would be why there are so many guards out there (Carr has a big arrow on him for this) who don't know how to pass the ball to Hayes when he's wide open under the basket. That's a far more egregious problem than Hayes not getting touches on the block.
    That's kind of what I was referring to. It seems like when he was open, we never looked for him, and we didn't run any plays to try and get him open either.

Great Summer League overall. Lots and lots of extremely good signs, plenty of encouraging stuff, and perhaps more importantly, enough film on the guys in real games for the coaches and training staff to really dig into. Lots of mistakes were made by basically everyone (which is fine, not bashing, even the best players in the world mess up sometimes) and that's good because it brings up a lot of teaching points, exposes a lot of things that need to be drilled, worked on, and otherwise improved.

Fantastic stuff to see, and lots of brilliant signs for the future.

Same problem as trying to "get the ball" to young AD. He can't really establish post position on anyone, so he's only going to gets his on putback, transition, cuts and the occasional roll to the basket if it's available. The roll was seldom open because Brandon Clarke is a really good defensive player who is one of the only guys in summer league who can athletically keep up with Hayes and is stronger than Hayes right now.

That's kind of what I was referring to. It seems like when he was open, we never looked for him, and we didn't run any plays to try and get him open either.
    Well that's because Tony Carr, Blueitt, Perrantes, and Dawkins are all terrible passers with poor vision.

Thread Information