Pelicans Report

Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1439

Thread: Official Summer League Games Thread

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Biggest difference between Hayes and AD is his lower body and overall body control. Hayes has a much, much, much stronger base than AD did coming out of school. When Hayes goes up, he is hard to get off balance. Can't wait to see what Nelson can do with shaping his body.

Please no OT

We shouldn't have shot. Pull it back out and force them to foul. We left them time on the clock.

I love basketball so much

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He measured at 6'11.5'' in shoes, and honestly, 0.5'' is the kind of difference just the shoes you're wearing can impact. He could easily be 7'0'' in the shoes he's wearing today, and given that you generally keep growing until you're around 21, don't be shocked if he finishes at 7'2 or something.
    Yea I think he might be 7’1 now. When someone is in the middle of a growth spurt they add a few inches very quickly. The kid is going to be a monster once he is done growing and has some muscle on his frame.

NAW WITH THE CLUTCH STEAL IN THE SECOND GAME IN A ROW
    Basketball.

Yeah... More OT... Wouldn't be Pelicans game without mild cardiac arrest

Bad decision not to run the clock out there. As soon as they went toward the basket I screamed no.

Man that 3 by Harvey was a buzz kill.��

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Biggest difference between Hayes and AD is his lower body and overall body control. Hayes has a much, much, much stronger base than AD did coming out of school. When Hayes goes up, he is hard to get off balance. Can't wait to see what Nelson can do with shaping his body.
    Totally. The fact that in both of his insane dunks (the make in game 1 and the miss in this game) had contact and he not only remained stable, but landed on both feet and just walked it off? That's insane stability.

Quote Originally Posted by 60minutes View Post
    Bad decision not to run the clock out there. As soon as they went toward the basket I screamed no.
    This.

Pels life

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Whenever we drafted him I thought he looked like an AD clone but a center version of him of that makes sense. I think he will be a very similar player for us without all of the usage rate which is even better especially with all of the scorers we now have on this team.

Love you NAW, don't need to see any one handed stepback floaters, thanks.

DIDI WITH THE FINISH

WOW

NAW has been spectacular but I would like to see him go to the rim there, not pull back for an awkward shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    DIDI WITH THE FINISH

WOW

The hand!

Gentry mad

Bull******** call

Hayes is a damn near prototype center you wanna put next to Zion. The only thing he is missing would be a jump shot to help create space. With the touch and hands this kid has it won’t be long before he has a knock down mid range shot that eventually extends out to the 3pt line. I think in a couple of years when they do a redraft on this class we will have 3 of the top 5 picks.

No foul....yeah OK

I do not believe these refs.

Well, it's been fun.

Love seeing people on twitter getting legit mad over mistakes in Summer League.

Like ''Oh my god can you believe that?! He's gonna get so much criticism in the film room tomorrow!''

...Yeah? It's Summer League. These are rookies playing on the second night of a back to back on a team with basically zero true training camp or practice. I'd be absolutely beyond stunned if they didn't make errors. Nobody is looking for perfect play in Summer League, they're looking for the potential, the good signs.

Thread Information