Pelicans Report

Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1439

Thread: Official Summer League Games Thread

Down 4 at the half. Not ideal, but not terrible deficit either.
    Basketball.

Why do refs hate centers unless they are a superstar...

NAW is 0-7 from the field so far. If he shoots better in 2nd half we should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
    NAW is 0-7 from the field so far. If he shoots better in 2nd half we should be good.
    Exactly. We are lucky not to be down by more.

We have little ball movement and when we do it is the terrible bounce pass into traffic.

NAW is heating up! Man this kid is going to be fun to watch!

Game is back on ESPN2

Getting frustrated with how many open looks Hayes gets and no one passes to him except when he's actually not open.

The game is now back on ESPN 2.

The game just switched channels without any notification.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Getting frustrated with how many open looks Hayes gets and no one passes to him except when he's actually not open.
    It's my biggest pet peeve about Summer League honestly. Happens less with NAW on the floor, but still occasionally. If it's Carr running the show, forget about it.

He'll cut, or roll, or just sprint the floor, be within 6 feet of the basket with nobody close to him, and by the time the ball handler notices he's there, the defender has caught up.

Lonzo wouldn't do that

Great save and pass to keep it in bounds by NAW.

No matter how many times we get hacked, it is never called. But don’t breathe on the opponent or it is flagrant.

On a separate note, I’m ill and fatigued with the one-handed passes into a crowd of four and the general lack of basketball IQ. You have a 3 on 1 break and you play hero ball and miss a layup.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Can we please just play Frank whenever our GOATS are off the floor? I know he and Zion are bench bff’s, but it’s hard to watch when NAW is out.
    If Frank was playing I have no doubt we would win the SL. Sucks to not see him playing.

We are losing because we don’t pass the ball out of double and even triple teams, pass up open shots to invite a contested shot, and show no hustle on defense. Grizz are able to get inside each time.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Oh my GOD. Hayes just kept going up and up.

Big part of the reason we're so bad tonight, aside from just fatigue and the usual Summer League woes: the main guys have played less.

Even if they played every single minute from now until the end, they would finish with

NAW: 28 minutes total
    Hayes: 26 minutes total
    Louzada: 24 minutes total.

And, of course, they won't play the entire 4th quarter. So it looks like rather than holding them out for rest, the coaching staff are just limiting their minutes. That's fine with me.

Hayes just looked like framing Durant dribbling the ball down the court. This kid is going to be ridiculous once he adds some strength and weight. He looks like a giant out there. I really think he is going to develop into a top 3 center. I can wait to see this kid giving AD problems in a year or 2.

Three defenders on Dawkins but no need to pass; I’ll just lose control of the ball out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Oh my GOD. Hayes just kept going up and up.
    He brought the ball up the floor himself too. LOVE to see that confidence.

I've seen enough. Let Hayes run point. Lol

We aren’t a good half court team in summer league either. I’ve got my eyes on you Gentry

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I've seen enough. Let Hayes run point. Lol
    WE WANT POINT HAYES

These guys aren’t in normal game shape and have played a good bit of games while being on a back to back after going into OT the night before. Our guys just don’t have the legs they normally do which has them playing sloppy.

We aren’t out of this one yet!

Tony Carr...����**♂️

Thread Information