Pelicans Report

Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1439

Thread: Official Summer League Games Thread

I'm loving watching the Pels young guys, but I'm not sure I can take another half of Dan Dakich on the mike. The fact that he sounds exactly like Larry David's agent Jeff on Curb Your Enthusiasm is not helping. What a bozo...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    NAW with 4 TOs in the first half. Play got a little sloppy in the second quarter.
    He has to take better care of the ball but was not helped by his teammates who dropped passes.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    I'm loving watching the Pels young guys, but I'm not sure I can take another half of Dan Dakich on the mike. The fact that he sounds exactly like Larry David's agent Jeff on Curb Your Enthusiasm is not helping. What a bozo...
    Earlier he said "there's a lot to do in Vegas, more than sitting in a gym" and I thought his boss would talk him down but they must not care about the audience.
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

NAW with 4 TOs in the first half. Play got a little sloppy in the second quarter.
    At least 2 of those turnovers are the result of him throwing perfect passes to Bigby-Williams who did his best Omer Asik impression and stone-handed both of them.
    Basketball.

Super good catch from Hayes on the bullet from NAW. Missed the layup but caught his own board and put it back up.

6 boards for Hayes so far. He's rebounding well tonight.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    There's your problem. The Spoelstra/Stevens debate was pure idiocy.
    I meant boring and not entertaining.

Hayes tries to block everything to his detriment. He would achieve better results by just betting as vertical as possible.

I wish there was a word coined for that. Maybe from the 2013 NBA playoffs...

Okay, 9 boards for Hayes he's just off the floor in a nanosecond. All those missed tip ins are killing his FG% tho

Our play has been so lackadaisical. No effort, no energy.

Quote Originally Posted by 60minutes View Post
    Our play has been so lackadaisical. No effort, no energy.
    Part of it is baffling rotations. Part of it is some poor play. Part of it is the guys clearly look tired (probably a result of having played a bunch of games relatively close together after months of nothing).

Nobody ever said Summer League was beautiful

Refs are helping them with some of these phantom foul calls.

First time our guys haven't looked dynamite all game long. They've still looked really good in moments and shown stuff, but it's not been sterling the entire time tonight.

Hayes' FG% is pants, partially because he kept getting fouled on those put backs and the refs didn't call anything but still, he still could have actually made the shot. Needs to put on that muscle.

Didi is 1 of 6 from the floor, 2 assists and 2 turnovers. Not been beautiful for him tonight.

NAW has still looked really good, although he hasn't been as consistent in breaking down defenses tonight as he has been in games prior.

good God these refs are literally calling everything for them

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Part of it is baffling rotations. Part of it is some poor play. Part of it is the guys clearly look tired (probably a result of having played a bunch of games relatively close together after months of nothing).

Nobody ever said Summer League was beautiful
    I get but when you see four guys under the basket and three are Pels and the Heat’s player comes down with multiple rebounds it is hard to watch. I do agree about some of the rotations and I could live without Bigby-Williams and Cheatham being on the court.

no ppl fumbled the ball

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    good God these refs are literally calling everything for them

It is disgusting.

They're doubling us on every high screen and roll. Love to see someone capable of splitting that double.

what is up bibgly or whatever dude is seriously went waaaaay down this game

Bigby-Williams doesn't understand that in the phrase ''help and recover'', you need to do both parts. Just the helping isn't enough.

Cheatham can’t finish to save his life.

Just a reminder that Zylan averaged 10 rebounds a game in college.

He has 1 tonight.

Correction: a lot of our guys cannot finish.

....What was that, Dawkins?

You had an open, uncontested layup and you... double clutched it and missed?

What?

how do you miss that lay up wow

Terrible 3 quarter...

Thread Information