Pelicans Report

Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Summer League Games Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Think NAW could play a lot of minutes as a rookie.

Wouldn't surprise me if he is getting 25mpg as a point guard by the end of the year. He's just miles ahead of Jackson as a facilitator.
    I agree. And as a defender. If I were picking minutes, I'd be very strongly considering putting more minutes into NAW than Frank.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I agree. And as a defender. If I were picking minutes, I'd be very strongly considering putting more minutes into NAW than Frank.
    yeah naw,redick and hart as the second unit sounds deadly

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bahmamamba; 07-08-2019 at 11:33 PM.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Jesus Christ. We stacked.

Man... If The Hawks made a huge mistake with gambling on Hunter. This will probably hurt them more than Lakers giving up so much for AD

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    My god. I can’t wait. I think it’s gonna come down to coaching... the TALENT this team has is through the roof. If they coach these players well and create a positive culture and everyone plays their part(Play as a TEAM) we can go really far.

I think the coaches have to be objective. If NAW is playing better than Jackson and Moore, Hart etc then he needs to be on the court. That kid looks brilliant out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erman is gone and I see tenacious defense again since like forever. Coincidence... I think not.

It's totally a coincidence, but still... It feels nice.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Is there anywhere to watch highlights from this game?
    You have not made youself aware of Freedawkins, House of Highlights, or the NBA page on Youtube?

And FreeDawkins must have a staff of 1,000 becuase they have Jaxson Hayes and NAW highlights up already.

And Hayes looked better than Jarrett Allen's last game who quite frankly, looked bad. Maybe he's ready to go home.

I think some of that goes to Fred Vinson. He has these young guys coched up real well.
    Last edited by luckyman; 07-09-2019 at 12:00 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    You have not made youself aware of Freedawkins, House of Highlights, or the NBA page on Youtube?

And FreeDawkins must have a staff of 1,000 becuase they have Jaxson Hayes and NAW highlights up already.

And Hayes looked better than Jarrett Allen's last game who quite frankly, looked bad. Maybe he's ready to go home.

I think some of that goes to Fred Vinson. He has these young guys coched up real well.
    Yeah Fred is doing great.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

watch the Hayes highlight again a couple of the Bulls on the bench almost jump up and them they catch their selves bc it's their team mate

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Got some Bulls fans second guessing LOL

I've been very much pro Coby White from day one. But if you asked me if we could have Coby White and Danny Gafford or Jaxon Hayes and NAW? Well..I'm telling myself yet again that this is just summer league.

Our rookies played a really good game today. Our future thanks to David Griffin is safe. I can't wait for the season to start.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Got some Bulls fans second guessing LOL
    Gafford was taken 38th. Of course you'd rather have Hayes

Hayes was great in this game but Nawlins looked really great. Jackson played well in the first game and on top of that we have Zion of course. The young guys look more than promising. And Lonzo and Ingram are not old either The future looks bright

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Hayes was great in this game but Nawlins looked really great. Jackson played well in the first game and on top of that we have Zion of course. The young guys look more than promising. And Lonzo and Ingram are not old either The future looks bright
    Best future in the league I'd say (no homerz)

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That’s a good problem to have though right? If Frank is one our worst 2-3 players, I’d say we are in pretty good shape. We have never has this kind of depth before.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    That’s a good problem to have though right? If Frank is one our worst 2-3 players, I’d say we are in pretty good shape. We have never has this kind of depth before.
    It's the best problem.

Think about it this way: we're currently having to decide whether to keep guys like Wood on the team because we have so much NBA quality talent that we don't have enough roster spots for them.

In the past, we've had to rely on 10 day contracts and G League call ups just to field a team 8 men deep. Now we have to cut legit NBA players because we've got too much talent.

That's the best place to be.

We need to keep Wood. The guy has sky high potential. I'm gonna be pissed if we lose him for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    We need to keep Wood. The guy has sky high potential. I'm gonna be pissed if we lose him for nothing
    The point isn't "is Wood good", it's "is he better, both in terms of skill today and upside, to justify keeping him on the roster recieving minutes when we only have limited space both in terms of roster slots and rotation minutes?"

I think it's clear, especially if hes being held out of Summer League because he's pushing to get his contract guaranteed, that he's not the guy.

I really liked what I saw from Wood at the end of last season, but I suspect he has asked to go somewhere where he will get more run. Maybe he and Moore will be packaged in a deal soon.

When you're as deep and talented with players as we are, you simply don't have the minutes to give everyone.

The entire reason we got Wood to begin with was because he was released for the same reason. He could turn into a gold NBA player but there's only so many spots and minutes for each team.

Should we slow Hayes development to try and also develop Wood too? It's not about just "lose him for nothing" it's "who do we want to develop for our team".

What's the 4/5 rotation?

Zion
    Favors
    Jah
    Hayes
    Wood

That it? I think there's room for him. You still need guys at the end of the bench who can produce

What's the 4/5 rotation?

Zion
    Favors
    Jah
    Hayes
    Wood

That it? I think there's room for him. You still need guys at the end of the bench who can produce
    Melli would be in that group as well.

I would almost prefer Wood over Okafor going forward. I understand Oak gives us a big to bang low with when Favors needs a breather but out of all our bigs he fits our system the least.

Man that's such a hard choice between Okafor and Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I would almost prefer Wood over Okafor going forward. I understand Oak gives us a big to bang low with when Favors needs a breather but out of all our bigs he fits our system the least.

Man that's such a hard choice between Okafor and Wood.
    I think Wood suits the modern NBA better than Jah

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Melli would be in that group as well.
    Is Melli coming over this year or is he a Euro stash?

Thread Information