Pelicans Report

Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Summer League Games Thread

Man when Jackson or Williams isn't in the game it's really hard to watch. I just can't bring myself to care about them. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Man when Jackson or Williams isn't in the game it's really hard to watch. I just can't bring myself to care about them. lol
    Yeah. There should be at least five people we really care about in NAW, Hayes, Zion, Frank, and Kenrich.....instead we get none.

Ah well. At least get the win so that we can make it to the next round so we get more games.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I mean, even the best guys out there are going to be lucky to get a two way deal, if we have any to give.

All our talent is getting summer league load management, waiting on the Lakers to get their ******** together, or bumped their knee.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Here's a thought: This is basically what Demps would've put as our full summer league team if he were still around.

I like Dawkins and Cheatham. I want to see what they can do.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I'm really liking Bigby-Williams's game. I had scene him a few games at LSU. Didn't know he declared.

He is good at what he does. Somewhat of a smaller Looney. I think a developing team looking for athletic bigs will pick him up after summer league. Should at least be able to get in the G League.

Cheatham and Bigby-Williams look good. Hustle guys. Not impressed with the guards at the moment in this game.

So this is what being a Knicks fan feels like.

*stares off in the distance at my signed Dan Dickau pic

"Hello darkness my old friend...."

I think Bigby-Williams can possibly be a 5th or 6th big in the league. Great athleticism, can shoot free throws with a decent shot, good in the pick & roll. I thought Dawkins was gonna maybe get drafted. He did some chunking from deep last game though.

I really liked Schofield as a combo forward and hope it wasn’t a mistake taking Didi over him. There was a ton of players I liked at 35, but a draft & stash guy was the right away to go. Bol Bol is who I wanted though lol

I just wished we picked up Naz Reid & Louis King for summer league

Come on Pels pull this one off, so when we hopefully we get Hayes, NAW, & Didi we have as shot for them to get some games in

Why didn’t they play Kenrich Williams?
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-06-2019 at 10:44 PM.

Is Chris Wood hurt or something? Was looking forward to seeing if he had added to his game...

Damn you should of kicked it back out for a opening 3 Cheatham!! Damn should of had Dawkins in there too. Oh well!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Come on Pels pull this one off, so when we hopefully we get Hayes, NAW, & Didi we have as shot for them to get some games in

Why didn’t they play Kenrich Williams?
    Maybe they didn't want their actual roster players going back to back?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Maybe they didn't want their actual roster players going back to back?
    I don’t see Kenrich making the 15 man roster really. I just would like to win so we can extend our chances to play more games so Hayes, NAW, & Didi get some action.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Highlights:

Last edited by ragincaucasian; 07-07-2019 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Is Chris Wood hurt or something? Was looking forward to seeing if he had added to his game...
    Don't be surprised if he's gone soon sadly

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Don't be surprised if he's gone soon sadly
    I don’t know. Based upon company, it seems like you’d better off being the guy who DOESN’T play in this thing.

Plus we know Chris can dominate roughly this level of competition. He was averaging 29/14/2/2/1 in the G league, a setting with with perhaps less higher end talent but more organization and defense. What can you learn further about him here? Probably want to see him practice, interact with younger teammates, see how he adjusts to different concepts, etc.

If both he and Kenrich show out, Okafor has a very low guarantee and I don’t think is assured a spot. Pedigree aside, I like Wood’s mobility, rim protection, pick and roll skills and potential for shooting a bit better and picking in a vacuum I think he has a higher upside than Williams or Okafor.

I do like Jah for three reasons, though. I think as a change of pace center his post up ability has some value as a floor raiser for second units. You can throw it to him and get a bucket on reasonable efficiency. Second I think he still has outstanding footwork in the post and there’s some stuff Zion and Hayes can learn from practicing with him. Third, I think as a young veteran who went to the same school who really worked on improving his body, he could be a positive influence on Zion in terms of habits and taking care of yourself as a professional and on the road.

seems to be some management conversations going on in the background between FO and his agent that's keeping him out.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    seems to be some management conversations going on in the background between FO and his agent that's keeping him out.
    What makes you think that?

What makes you think that?
    Media asked Vinson about him, on mobile so can't embed but this is Will Gs tweet:

https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/sta...419972609?s=19

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Man, I am glad I didn't end up staying awake for this game. Jesus, what a horror show.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Been disappointed with Cheatham. Thought he was gonna bring more. I like his athleticism and his hustle, but he's done nothing for me so far. Bigby-Williams is the guy I've liked a lot. That kid can play.

Blueitt showed that he hasn't lost his touch. He just has to slow it down a little bit though. That last second shot with 8 seconds left was a facepalmer.

Bigby has been the standout of the rest so far.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Been disappointed with Cheatham. Thought he was gonna bring more. I like his athleticism and his hustle, but he's done nothing for me so far. Bigby-Williams is the guy I've liked a lot. That kid can play.

Blueitt showed that he hasn't lost his touch. He just has to slow it down a little bit though. That last second shot with 8 seconds left was a facepalmer.
    It's weird to watch Cheatham. Sometimes he will play great stifling defense and rebound aggressively. Other times he will let a dude shoot a wide open 3 right in his face, and then stand there like a spectator as someone else grabs a rebound. He just needs an "always on" switch and he would be an All Star.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    …… He (Cheatham) just needs an "always on" switch and he would be an All Star.
    Undrafted to All Star? First he's got to make a team.

Thread Information