Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Summer League Games Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    I'm trying to understand this decision, but it's hard for me to come ... Maybe You right Pelicanidae, it's only Summer League, let's move on.
    Don't worry about it! We should still be able to see Hayes and NAW play, which will be fun. Even if they can't play tonight, they'll definitely be official by Monday's game.
    Basketball.

Well. Looks like the trade won’t go through in time. The kids acquired via trade will not play tonight.

SCREW THE LAKERS!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Well. Looks like the trade won’t go through in time. The kids acquired via trade will not play tonight.

SCREW THE LAKERS!!!!!!!!!
    Is that confirmed from somewhere, or is it just a case of ''the game's in 4.5 hours and it isn't done yet, so it probably won't be done''?

Doesn't matter which, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Is that confirmed from somewhere, or is it just a case of ''the game's in 4.5 hours and it isn't done yet, so it probably won't be done''?

I’m not one to post speculation. Most of my info will always come with some kind of facts.

It's a "the game is in 4.5hrs and the players won't have even had a practice".

This fault lies WAY more at the feet of the NBA. No way should summer league start before all he trades agreed to at the draft are even allowed to go through. Just idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It's a "the game is in 4.5hrs and the players won't have even had a practice".

This fault lies WAY more at the feet of the NBA. No way should summer league start before all he trades agreed to at the draft are even allowed to go through. Just idiotic.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't play. I just wondered if there was actual confirmation or not.

The sequence of events the NBA has in place right now is a mess. It doesn't help that the Lakers aren't really pulling their weight.

Aren’t the Lakers doing it slowly on purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I don't think they're doing it on purpose with the intent of trying to hurt the Pelicans. More about trying to maximize their cap space as much as possible.

Is our trade for Favors in any danger?

I don't understand, thought this trade had to be in place by noon????????????????///////

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Is Davis losing money?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't think they're doing it on purpose with the intent of trying to hurt the Pelicans. More about trying to maximize their cap space as much as possible.
    A flaw in the NBA structure. There's no way any team should be allowed to take their time filing trade paperwork just because they haven't finished using up their cap space yet. That's not everyone else's problem. They've had a week since FA started to decide what to do. If you get Kawhi, then you file all the needed paperwork and get signatures for plan A. If you don't get Kawhi, you file all the needed paperwork and get signatures from plan B. Two different stacks, ready to go, depending on whether you get Kawhi or not. League's going to have to fix this. I can PROMISE you, if the situation was reversed, everyone in the league would be up in arms about the Pelicans delaying the paperwork and how inept our FO was.

Maybe Anthony Davis had second thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Maybe Anthony Davis had second thoughts?
    Maybe the Lakers are?
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Remind me.

How much money did AD walk away from for this opportunity to play for this Pelican Old Timer's team?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Remind me.

How much money did AD walk away from for this opportunity to play for this Pelican Old Timer's team?
    I believe $80m when he left us, and then waived his kicker for another $4.4

So basically $85m

I believe $80m when he left us, and then waived his kicker for another $4.4

So basically $85m
    Thus far, it appears that Rich Paul certainly has his best interest at heart. (his = meaning LeBron James)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190706-170108_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	6470
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Maybe the Lakers are?
    Funny Farm. I’m watching it right now.

Okay so

- No Zion
    - No Hayes
    - No NAW
    - No Frank
    - No Wood

Literally what is the point? I love Kenrich Williams more than most, and Zylan is super cool, but that's two names on a roster of whatever. I'm glad the NBA app has Summer League games for free cause I would be damned if they asked me to pay to watch Bess, Dawkins, and Bluiett.

Okay so

- No Zion
    - No Hayes
    - No NAW
    - No Frank
    - No Wood

Literally what is the point? I love Kenrich Williams more than most, and Zylan is super cool, but that's two names on a roster of whatever. I'm glad the NBA app has Summer League games for free cause I would be damned if they asked me to pay to watch Bess, Dawkins, and Bluiett.
    I’m so disappointed right now!

I bet the summer league owners are stoked they sold out all the tickets prior to the league starting.

On the flip side. Sucks for everyone that bout tickets.

On that flip side. It REALLY SUCKS for all the people that bought tickets at 3x face value.

Okay so

- No Zion
    - No Hayes
    - No NAW
    - No Frank
    - No Wood

You jinxed Kenrich!!! Lol

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Stupid trade rules. Finalize the damn thing. I wanna see NAW and Hayes.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Blueitt is coming alive, it seems.

Thread Information