Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Summer League Games Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    will they play?

I will watch the replay tomorrow
    They should. They're in Vegas, and the trade should go through before the game, so I think so.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    3AM here, so that's what, 10PM Eastern Time, or around 9PM Central Time, and it'll be on ESPN.
    Predicate it

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Frank Jackson is ready to be a backup point guard who plays a good amount of minutes this season.

The reason the codes and standards are so strict is BECAUSE they take everything seriously there and make sure to keep their codes up to date and do the checks.

Even if there was only a 0.5% chance of something going wrong when games resumed, that chance isn't worth taking. Gotta do the checks.
    You know a lot about basketball. But living in England doesn’t provide you with a lot of earthquake knowledge.

The epicenter was 400 miles from Vegas. By the time it got to Vegas it was drastically smaller than what it was in Los Angerles. The dodgers kept playing. The other game in Vegas kept going.

The only reason they stopped our game was because of the swinging equipment about. The steel beaded lines that hold the scoreboard and speakers are rated to hold 10x what they are currently holding. Those things are going nowhere.

The building is fine. The media did a great job making this over dramatic and convinced people like you that this is a big deal.

It’s not... and the media should be ashamed of themselves for taking about deaths and crap like that. It’s an absolute joke!

Play the dang games.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Here in Mexico City they claim the same. But there are holes where some inspectors are paid off. So I googled who has the strictest earthquake building codes and it seems Chile and Japan claim the same. So basically the most obvious areas with strong earthquakes claim it. I found that a little amusing.
    Ummmm do you really want to start comparing corruption in Mexico vs the USA lol?? I don’t think we do....

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    You know a lot about basketball. But living in England doesn’t provide you with a lot of earthquake knowledge.
    In absolute awe of the masterful condescension contained in these two sentences. Just... *chef kiss* magnifique.

The building is fine.
    And we know that... how?

Because they checked. If they hadn't checked, and something had gone wrong, even if it was only a 0.05% chance, then that mistake would be the NBA's responsibility. They did the right thing by checking. If there was anything untoward, they wouldn't have given the games the go ahead, but if there's even the tiniest bit of doubt it's best to check.

In absolute awe of the masterful condescension contained in these two sentences. Just... *chef kiss* magnifique.

And we know that... how?

Because they checked. If they hadn't checked, and something had gone wrong, even if it was only a 0.05% chance, then that mistake would be the NBA's responsibility. They did the right thing by checking. If there was anything untoward, they wouldn't have given the games the go ahead, but if there's even the tiniest bit of doubt it's best to check.
    Lol glad you could find the humor in that! A little slap in the a** but I gave you a kiss right before so it’s all good.

I work in new construction of high rise buildings. Their are sensors and tons of automation in place that would notify the operations team of any issues.

Not only is the building built to withstand a hell of a lot more than they felt last night. All the support equipment has its own earthquake protection. All generators and heating/cooling systems are set on platforms that are supported buy flexing joints and stabilizers.

It was all an overreaction. Then the media made sure they escalated it for rating purposes which if you can’t tell.... really bothers me!

Looking for an update:

Now that we know the games are being played tonight.

What are the status of the trades? Are the trades finalized and are the kids we got via trades available to play tonight?

Hayes was in the building last night. Would love to see him on the court tonight with Zion if they let him play.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Ummmm do you really want to start comparing corruption in Mexico vs the USA lol?? I don’t think we do....
    I think it’s pretty clear corruption in Mexico is far worse. I wasn’t comparing corruption, so I don’t see your point.

Looking for an update:

Now that we know the games are being played tonight.

What are the status of the trades? Are the trades finalized and are the kids we got via trades available to play tonight?

Hayes was in the building last night. Would love to see him on the court tonight with Zion if they let him play.
    Tons of trades have gone through already and the league have said that they're prioritising trades that impact rookies that would play tonight. Our trade hasn't been confirmed yet, but there's still like 6 hours before the game.

I'd prefer it if the trade was confirmed within an hour though, to let Griff and co put out of a statement if they want and to let Hayes and NAW at least warm up with the team.

ZION IS OUT FOR SUMMER LEAGUE

Basically Griff says his injury is no big deal at all, he's absolutely fine, but because it's just Summer League it's not worth any extra risk.

Tons of trades have gone through already and the league have said that they're prioritising trades that impact rookies that would play tonight. Our trade hasn't been confirmed yet, but there's still like 6 hours before the game.

I'd prefer it if the trade was confirmed within an hour though, to let Griff and co put out of a statement if they want and to let Hayes and NAW at least warm up with the team.
    Agreed,

I’d like to seem the both play tho. At least her then out there for 20 minutes

Is their an update on Zion? I know it’s nothing to worry about. However, I’d like to see him play one more game.

Is there some place to monitor which trades have already been processed?

Basically Griff says his injury is no big deal at all, he's absolutely fine, but because it's just Summer League it's not worth any extra risk.
    Well. That sucks but it the right thing to do. Get that kid in the practice facility. Start working on conditioning, mobility, strength, and that shot!

His free throw shot is VERY FLAT. Need to get more of an arch in that shot of his.

This is the most Pelicans thing ever for Zion to play 9 minutes and get injured.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Is there some place to monitor which trades have already been processed?
    Not that I know of officially, but https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA

Keith Smith has been tweeting out a lot of trades as they become official.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This is the most Pelicans thing ever for Zion to play 9 minutes and get injured.
    #PelsLife it’s back.

yeah wtf??

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    #PelsLife it’s back.
    Naw bruh, this is the dawn of the #NAWERA
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

In fairness, if it was really PelsLife it would be a real injury rather than an excuse injury they're using as a smokescreen to justify pulling him out of SL.

In fairness, if it was really PelsLife it would be a real injury rather than an excuse injury they're using as a smokescreen to justify pulling him out of SL.
    Mostly true.

I think you have a KD like situation here.

If there is any way that the injury he has could lead to a separate and related injury.... the criticism and load of crap the Pelicans organization would get would be endless!!!

I like the decision.

Mostly true.

I think you have a KD like situation here.

If there is any way that the injury he has could lead to a separate and related injury.... the criticism and load of crap the Pelicans organization would get would be endless!!!

I like the decision.
    Well exactly. It's the kind of minor injury where, if it was the playoffs or even an important regular season game, he'd play through it and it would be fine. It's basically just a bruise.

But for Summer League? Not worth any risk at all. Just let him sit.

Pels life

I'm trying to understand this decision, but it's hard for me to come ... Maybe You right Pelicanidae, it's only Summer League, let's move on.

Thread Information