Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Summer League Games Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    It looks liked they just made last night’s summer league game final. Does anyone know the status of tonight’s Pels game?
    The NBA is having an independent group come in and do inspections for structural damage on the venues. If everything appears safe, the games will go ahead. If there's any real risk of structural problems, Summer League may be cancelled.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The NBA is having an independent group come in and do inspections for structural damage on the venues. If everything appears safe, the games will go ahead. If there's any real risk of structural problems, Summer League may be cancelled.
    OMG if they ruin my vacation I'm going to be pissed

Quote Originally Posted by SunshinePumper View Post
    OMG if they ruin my vacation I'm going to be pissed
    Better ticked off than dead, right?

Dammit I don't need you all being the voice of reason up in here right now LOL

Don’t tell me how to appreciate my life!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

FEAR NOT.

VENUES ARE SAFE.

GAMES ARE A GO.

what about last nights' game?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    what about last nights' game?
    The official Pels twitter tweeted out something earlier that mentioned our ''win'' last night, so I'm guessing they're just calling it where it was at time of earthquake?

The official Pels twitter tweeted out something earlier that mentioned our ''win'' last night, so I'm guessing they're just calling it where it was at time of earthquake?
    Yes. They won't finish out the game, the Pels get the win.

I just watched the game. Crazy story with the earthquake. Fortunately nothing serious happened and the summer league can continue. I really liked what I saw from Frank. I read the argument between Pelicanidae and Mythrol and I completely agree with Mythrol. I am optimistic about Frank and I am happy we kept him over Diallo. Zion did look a bit out of shape but the dunks were nasty and the way he treated Knox? Priceless!! I hope the knee injury is nothing serious. Besides that I like Cheatham energy and I hope he gets a chance to play. I cannot wait to see the other rookies. And Barrett sucks! and Let's dance!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Bruh. I wanna see Hayes and NAW. When is this trade falling through?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes. They won't finish out the game, the Pels get the win.
    the knicks come up short again, don't you just love it?

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    The trade better not fall through at this point!

Nah I'm just messing. I knew what you meant. The Lakers have to sign all their free agents first before making the ad trade.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Trades being made official basically every couple of minutes right now. We're up to Culver to Minnesota for 11 and Saric being official, so I can't imagine it taking too much longer. Give it an hour or two.

Ok ok ok. Relax! I’ve lived in California my whole life. The earthquake was not bad at all.

The building codes in California and Nevada are the most modern and strict in the ENTIRE WORLD. The building is fine. All the hotels are fine.

Game on tonight.

This is all so overblown it’s stupid and ridiculous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Ok ok ok. Relax! I’ve lived in California my whole life. The earthquake was not bad at all.

The building codes in California and Nevada are the most modern and strict in the ENTIRE WORLD. The building is fine. All the hotels are fine.

Game on tonight.

This is all so overblown it’s stupid and ridiculous!!!
    The reason the codes and standards are so strict is BECAUSE they take everything seriously there and make sure to keep their codes up to date and do the checks.

Even if there was only a 0.5% chance of something going wrong when games resumed, that chance isn't worth taking. Gotta do the checks.

The reason the codes and standards are so strict is BECAUSE they take everything seriously there and make sure to keep their codes up to date and do the checks.

Even if there was only a 0.5% chance of something going wrong when games resumed, that chance isn't worth taking. Gotta do the checks.
    True dat. I wish they did that at Chernobyl

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    The building codes in California and Nevada are the most modern and strict in the ENTIRE WORLD.
    Here in Mexico City they claim the same. But there are holes where some inspectors are paid off. So I googled who has the strictest earthquake building codes and it seems Chile and Japan claim the same. So basically the most obvious areas with strong earthquakes claim it. I found that a little amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Here in Mexico City they claim the same. But there are holes where some inspectors are paid off. So I googled who has the strictest earthquake building codes and it seems Chile and Japan claim the same. So basically the most obvious areas with strong earthquakes claim it. I found that a little amusing.
    I'd believe it with Japan, to be honest. I'm not architect so I could easily be fooled, but some of the stuff they're doing over there for earthquake damage prevention is pretty fantastic.

What time does today’s game start

FEAR NOT.

VENUES ARE SAFE.

GAMES ARE A GO.
    You truly are the real MVP

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    What time does today’s game start
    3AM here, so that's what, 10PM Eastern Time, or around 9PM Central Time, and it'll be on ESPN.

3AM here, so that's what, 10PM Eastern Time, or around 9PM Central Time, and it'll be on ESPN.
    Geez these stupid Vegas late games. I'm not even sure if it's worth you staying up for this one unless we get word Zion is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Geez these stupid Vegas late games. I'm not even sure if it's worth you staying up for this one unless we get word Zion is playing.
    I'm gonna take a nap before the game starts I gotta see Hayes and NAW though. Just gotta.

I'm gonna take a nap before the game starts I gotta see Hayes and NAW though. Just gotta.
    will they play?

I will watch the replay tomorrow

Thread Information