Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Summer League Games Thread

Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    What did Frank do tonight that you didn't see him do during his NBA games last season?
    Score 30 points in 3 qtrs.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    What did Frank do tonight that you didn't see him do during his NBA games last season?
    Dunk on people. He's shooting off the dribble better. Finishing in traffic.

What, is development only valid if it's something new?

Can we nickname Zion Sampson?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Score 30 points in 3 qtrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

He's also had several great passes that should have netted him assists but the shooter bricked. He's looked great. Not just scoring.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Yes, I would like to have seen him do something that represents a new element to his game.

Yes, it was inconsistent, but he had some games where he shot the lights out in the season. We've known he's an explosive athlete since we drafted him and he was dunking like crazy LAST summer league.

Yet he still can't make the pass off the pick and roll.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Can we nickname Zion Sampson?
    Zion ''The Earthquake'' Williamson

He has gone up and blocked a couple of shots as well.

I know folks want to watch the rest of this game, but I think the risk is there. Given the shock of this quake was felt in Dodger stadium I would call it. Of course it is easy for me to say that with the Pelicans leading.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    He has gone up and blocked a couple of shots as well.
    Saw that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    I know folks want to watch the rest of this game, but I think the risk is there. Given the shock of this quake was felt in Dodger stadium I would call it. Of course it is easy for me to say that with the Pelicans leading.
    I think ending it is the best idea. If the Knicks care that much they can call it a W for them, who cares it's Summer League

All-Star
    Zion caused an earthquake folks lol

he was dunking like crazy LAST summer league.
    this is untrue. he rolled his ankle like less than 10 minutes into his 1st summer league game last year.

This is how rumors get started!

this is untrue. he rolled his ankle like less than 10 minutes into his 1st summer league game last year.
    Yeah... after multiple dunks. Remember the one where he cut from the top of the arc, caught the bounce pass, and just elevated? It was awesome at the time.

I love the variety of ways both commentators are finding to say ''there was an earthquake''

People were singing the praises of Paskal Siakam this season, and the narrative was “he just needed his mind to catch up to his body”. Perhaps Frank is putting it all together, after all, this is only his 2nd year playing.

Yeah... after multiple dunks. Remember the one where he cut from the top of the arc, caught the bounce pass, and just elevated? It was awesome at the time.
    lol. Come on dude. Jackson made 4 baskets before the injury. Those 4 baskets were:

1. 16ft jumper
    2. A short range 2pt shot.
    3. A tip in.
    4. The dunk you are talking about.

That's it. That's the extent of the FG's he made last year. He wasn't dunking all over the place at all last year.

lol. Come on dude. Jackson made 4 baskets before the injury. Those 4 baskets were:

1. 16ft jumper
    2. A short range 2pt shot.
    3. A tip in.
    4. The dunk you are talking about.

That's it. That's the extent of the FG's he made last year. He wasn't dunking all over the place at all last year.
    I must have mis-remembered the tip in as another dunk, my bad.

In any case, the whole hype surrounding him when we even drafted him was that he was very athletic and had crazy bounce. That was like, THE thing about him at the time. Acting like the fact that he had some cool dunks tonight is him adding something to his game is just kinda... silly, tbh.

I think the Pels have more room for a point-guard-sized player who isn't an initiator than most teams. They have shot creation and passing with the starting 1, 2, 3, and maybe 4. Kenrich and Miller are good passers for position, Melli looks like a good passer. I loved his aggressiveness taking the 3 off the dribble. If he can leverage that to making a simple roll pass on the pick and roll, I think he gives you enough other stuff to be worth keeping around.

This is good, this is the correct thing to do.

So now we can talk about how Dio is the Tommy Wiseau of music.

I must have mis-remembered the tip in as another dunk, my bad.

In any case, the whole hype surrounding him when we even drafted him was that he was very athletic and had crazy bounce. That was like, THE thing about him at the time. Acting like the fact that he had some cool dunks tonight is him adding something to his game is just kinda... silly, tbh.
    I don't think anyone is acting like the only thing he has shown was "some cool dunks" tonight. Eman listed like 3 or 4 things that he has shown to be much better than anything he showed last year. The main one that stood out to me was his off the dribble game.

Thread Information