Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Summer League Games Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpnose View Post
    Are the three potential starters for the Knicks on the Summer League roster :
    -RJ Barrett G/F
    -Mitchell Robinson C
    -Kevin Knox F

Or, is Trier in there too ?
    Trier is playing, and I'd imagine he's starting in Summer League but probably not in the regular season.

So yeah, the Knicks are playing 4 members of their legit rotation in Summer League.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Zion needs to play just to get himself in shape. Watching this week’s video, he looks heavy and Cris Carter said this morning, he’s up 300 lbs currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh jesus christ dude STOP watching and listening to these morons on tv. We haven't had true unbiased sports analysis shows since the mid 90s. It's all rumorville, tmz, tabloid crap since their viewership numbers are dwindling.

Come on now.

On a bit of an unrelated note, Lonzo is really working on his 3 ball and FT’s in the gym. Fingers crossed

And, for us you expect :
    -Zion
    -Zy/K Williams
    -F Jackson/Tony Carr
    -Bluiett/Dawkins
    -Wood/Petrasek ?

I cant wait to see Hayes and Nickeil Alexander-Walker, hope to see them Sat, or not ?
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    On a bit of an unrelated note, Lonzo is really working on his 3 ball and FT’s in the gym. Fingers crossed
    Fingers crossed. I've said elsewhere, I don't need him to start shooting 85% from the FT line or anything, but if he could just get from 41% to 65%, I'd take it. Same thing with him and Ingram from 3 point land: not asking for 40% on 6 shots a game, but just league average 35 or 36%, I'll take.

And, for us you expect :
    -Zion
    -Zy/K Williams
    -F Jackson/Tony Carr
    -Bluiett/Dawkins
    -Wood/Petrasek ?

I cant wait to see Hayes and Nickeil Alexander-Walker, hope to see them Sat, or not ?
    Depends when the AD trade officially goes through. Lakers might want to delay it, but they won't be able to convince all 7 other involved teams to delay. Barring anything weird going on, the trade will be made official tomorrow and Hayes/NAW should be able to play for us then. If not, it'll be the Monday game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Depends when the AD trade officially goes through. Lakers might want to delay it, but they won't be able to convince all 7 other involved teams to delay. Barring anything weird going on, the trade will be made official tomorrow and Hayes/NAW should be able to play for us then. If not, it'll be the Monday game.
    I would assume they're already in Vegas and just waiting for it to be official?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I would assume they're already in Vegas and just waiting for it to be official?
    I would assume so. I know that AD, Lebron, Jrue, Hart, Ingram, and Lonzo are all in Vegas right now, at least according to Shamit from Bourbon Street Shots. I don't know for certain, but I would be surprised if Griff and Gentry aren't also in Vegas too.

Part of that is probably just because they want to watch the games and be a part of the event, but it would make it very convenient for any trade deals being declared official.

Zion will NOT be playing in tomorrow's game. Makes sense, no need to play him back to backs in Summer League. Does kind of kill those ''Summer League Championship'' hopes a little.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Where’d you get this info

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2019/...-pelicans/amp/

I mean is it that hard to believe that he is working on his weakness

Zion turns Summer League into a playoff game.

I’m sure it’s Already been said but what time is the game central time? And what channel lol

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I’m sure it’s Already been said but what time is the game central time? And what channel lol
    It's on at 9:30pm ET, which I believe is 8:30 Central Time. Either way, in an hour and 22 minutes from me writing this.

It's on ESPN, according to https://www.nba.com/summerleague/2019/schedule

It's on at 9:30pm ET, which I believe is 8:30 Central Time. Either way, in an hour and 22 minutes from me writing this.

Yes, YES! Learn the ways of the United States time zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes, YES! Learn the ways of the United States time zones.
    Never.

I don't even know what time zone Louisiana is in, and I hope to never find out.

Never.

I don't even know what time zone Louisiana is in, and I hope to never find out.
    CST. Learn the ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    CST. Learn the ways.
    I'm going to forget that on purpose. ASAP.

Good man

Zion will NOT be playing in tomorrow's game. Makes sense, no need to play him back to backs in Summer League. Does kind of kill those ''Summer League Championship'' hopes a little.
    Isn't a little early for load management?

Quote Originally Posted by 8th_ward View Post
    Isn't a little early for load management?
    Maybe if it was the regular season but a lot of top picks don't even play Summer League anymore. Ja Morant isn't going to touch the court for a single Summer League game, for example. It's just too much risk (think Frank Jackson's foot injury last year) for virtually zero reward.

Has anyone ordered and received and is wearing their Zion #1 white Jersey? If so, where'd you get the best deal. My Holiday is still good but Jrue's not playing tonight and I could've been wearing #1 ? BTW, will Lebron and AD be holding hands, giggling and gossiping like little girls ?

And, for us you expect :
    -Zion
    -Zy/K Williams
    -F Jackson/Tony Carr
    -Bluiett/Dawkins
    -Wood/Petrasek ?

It would be cool if they've been in Vegas working out with the team off camera. I hope the team isn't playing by the rules, no other team is.

Maybe if it was the regular season but a lot of top picks don't even play Summer League anymore. Ja Morant isn't going to touch the court for a single Summer League game, for example. It's just too much risk (think Frank Jackson's foot injury last year) for virtually zero reward.
    Got u, I didn't know it was a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by 8th_ward View Post
    Got u, I didn't know it was a trend.
    That's cool, don't worry about it. The #1 pick usually plays a game or two (KAT did, Ayton did, for example) but it's more and more common for them to either make one appearance and that's it, or to just not play at all.

Thread Information