Pelicans Report

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58
Results 1,426 to 1,439 of 1439

Thread: Official Summer League Games Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    ...I'm not sure if you're just saying that in general, or if you're criticising me personally. I think Hayes can shoot.
    In general.

I was adding that to the Hayes Twitter critique. We been on the same page with Hayes on day one lol

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    In general.

I was adding that to the Hayes Twitter critique. We been on the same page with Hayes on day one lol
    Yeah, that's why I was a little confused. I was like, ''hey, I thought we were together on this one!''
    Basketball.

Hayes shooting 87% at the rim in college on a team with no spacing is still just mindblowing.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Really enjoyed the hell out of this Summer League. Our future is so bright it's ridiculous. I mean, we kept our generational player on the bench the entire summer league and still wrecked shop.

Very happy that Trajan Langdon has such a good eye for talent, and that David Griffin was even AVAILABLE. Thank you Cavs owner for being brain dead. What a coup Gayle pulled off this summer.

What a bully way to lose this one. #Pelslife all the way.

We were close, good Summer League tournament.
    Last edited by Creative; 07-14-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Legitimately cannot stop watching this on loop. It's the kind of play where it's easy to just dismiss it as luck, until you remember that Hayes shot 87% at the rim in college. The guy's touch around the hoop is just insane. To get the hand on the ball with that timing, going at that speed, and tip it JUST enough to make it go in without slapping off the backboard with your forward momentum... that's ridiculous.

I caught myself watching it and thinking, man, I wouldn't trust AD to make that tip in. And that's no knock on AD. He's a top, top, top shelf player, who I've argued is top 2 when fully engaged on both ends, and he's not #2. But that particular skill, that particular kind of thing, at that level, is just beyond incredible. Whenever they decide to start playing Hayes in the real NBA, whether that's in 10 minute roles in December, or whether he redshirts the entire year (doubtful) and rocks up in 2020-21, he's going to be one of the most deft finishers in the league, immediately.

Hayes even runs like AD

It’s actually good that NAW was humbled just a little bit. I don’t even think he played poorly last night. He was definitely forcing up some bad shots and passes though that he needs to see on film. Nobody was doing anything so I can’t really blame him. He was trying to make something happen, but they were doing their best to freeze him out of the game. It happens. better to learn that lesson early

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Just wait till Jrue and JJ and Favors, Moore and Miller are playing and mentoring Zion, NAW, and Hayes. Every player on this team is good I think. What I love is our potential and sheer talent. Our defense could be really good. I know we keep saying it but it’s so true. Again, the true X factor will be how Lonzo bounces back and plays in Gentry’s system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool little set of stats here from Synergy.

Jaxson Hayes was second in the SL in points per possession, posting 1.25ppp. First place went to Daniel Gafford, with 1.26ppp, and third place was a tie between Brandon Clarke and Carsen Edwards, at 1.17ppp.

Nickeil Alexander Walker also fared pretty well, posting a ppp of 0.91, which wasn't outstanding, but was higher than RJ Barrett and Coby White. This is more impressive when you realise that he led Summer League in possessions per game, with 26.8, and as a result drew a lot more defensive attention than almost anyone else.

Interesting thing about that chart: Zion had 13 possessions/game, which really means 13 possessions in 9 minutes! That's some usage.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Interesting thing about that chart: Zion had 13 possessions/game, which really means 13 possessions in 9 minutes! That's some usage.
    Well, he got fed 9 shots in 9 minutes, so yep. Lots of usage. The most amazing thing about all of that is that Zion took 9 shots in 9 minutes and yet barely had the ball in his hands.

When doing my projected stats for Zion next season, I had to take into account the fact that he's the kind of player who can get 10 points a game by essentially doing nothing. Just tip ins, put backs, lobs, and catching in the low post, plus how hard he is to defend without fouling. That's what he looked like in Summer League. 11 points in 9 minutes, with 6 shots the FT line.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Cool little set of stats here from Synergy.

Jaxson Hayes was second in the SL in points per possession, posting 1.25ppp. First place went to Daniel Gafford, with 1.26ppp, and third place was a tie between Brandon Clarke and Carsen Edwards, at 1.17ppp.

Nickeil Alexander Walker also fared pretty well, posting a ppp of 0.91, which wasn't outstanding, but was higher than RJ Barrett and Coby White. This is more impressive when you realise that he led Summer League in possessions per game, with 26.8, and as a result drew a lot more defensive attention than almost anyone else.
    I was a big RJ fan and think he will turn into a very good player. I think NAW is going to be the better player of the 2 when it’s all said and done though. NAW will be looked back as this year Donovan Mitchell and Malcolm Brogdon.. Crazy thing is he actually is near identical in size and play style as his cousin Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. I really think when their is a redraft on this class we will have 3 of the top 5 picks and even a 4th player as a late lottery pick in Marco Louzada Silva. This could very easily go down as the best draft class in NBA history. Scary to think what they can do with all of these future picks we have. Just hitting on 25% of them would sustain on us for the next decade plus.

Are there any players on the Pelican summer league team, or any other of the teams that the Pelicans are considering for the other two-way contract? I thought Bigby-Williams kind of teetered out as the summer league came to a close. I didn't get the feeling any of the other guys earned a two way contract. I did like some of what I saw from Adams from UCONN and Dawkins. The kid from Arizona St. who has the other two-way needs to settle down just a tad. He hustled well, but fell short of playing under control, missing easy shots and rebounds. I really liked what I saw from some of the other players on other teams, including Miami and Memphis.

Thread Information