Pelicans Report

Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1439

Thread: Official Summer League Games Thread

Its really confusing. Not sure how they award points. For example, Det with 4 wins has 12 points, But MIA with 4 wins only has 9. So is it 2 points for a win, but 3 for a significant win? That would work, but then how do you explain BOS? They have 3 wins, but 9.5 points, so in at least one game they got awarded more than 3 points. My guess would be, we'll be 5th or 6th. We cant catch DET or MIN due to record. DAL is done and they'll be ahead of us. If BOS wins, they'd be ahead of us and MEM would be tied with us, so that would put us 5th or 6th. A MEM win and we're 5th. I don't think LAC could get 4 points even if they win. What about OKC and UTA? How do they have 7.5 points with only 2 wins?

It sure will be funny if one of the Pels ends up as LV Summer League MVP. That would mean the last three Summer League MVP winners would all be on the Pelicans. Lonzo won it in 2017 and Josh Hart in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpnose View Post
    There seems to be more to it than just point diff. With Wednesday’s 99-78 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Pelicans record improved to 3-1, but more importantly, the significant margin of victory pushed the team’s total to 10.0 points, trailing only the Dallas Mavericks’ 11.0 points among teams with three wins versus one loss. The top eight seeds will move onto tournament play starting on July 13th.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/XfcA...6.01.46_AM.png
    I don't think this pic is correct. Look at the standings in the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by Gant- View Post
    It's point differential, which gives the Pelicans a very comfortable cushion to get in.

https://stats.nba.com/standings/summerleague/

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I don't think this pic is correct. Look at the standings in the link below.
    If this is the correct one and all that matters is point differential, then a BOS loss and we're 4th. A BOS win would keep us 5th, unless they beat MEM by about 10 points or more.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    If this is the correct one and all that matters is point differential, then a BOS loss and we're 4th. A BOS win would keep us 5th, unless they beat MEM by about 10 points or more.
    They way I understand it, if Boston loses, we finish 4th - their net point difference will be at least 13.7. The Grizz have to lose by more than 2 points for us to finish 4th. It really doesn't matter. We either beat Boston or Memphis in the 1st round Saturday. The excitement is real.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Grayson Allen just got double flagrant calls, and a tech, and ejected.

IN SUMMER LEAGUE.

Dude's just a joke. Every time scrub time rolls around he gets time on court and someone on Twitter or something crawls out of the woodwork to claim that he's actually really good, he just needs the time and the right environment and to do some ''growing up''. He's an idiot, a whiny moron, a malcontent, and worst of all for an NBA player, he absolutely blows at basketball.

I've seen people compare him to Draymond Green in terms of his antics, but I just don't see it. First of all, I get the feeling Green would actually punch someone rather than just elbow them in the back of the head, and secondly, Draymond Green (for all his flaws) is an exceptional basketball player.
    Basketball.

Boston beats Memphis by a whole lot and jumps all the way to the top seed. It looks like they get a rematch with Memphis next.

New Orleans ends up the 4 seed and it looks like they'll play Miami next.

https://stats.nba.com/standings/summerleague/

ESPN announcers were spot on to roast Allen for his behavior. He needs to grow up.

https://deadspin.com/grayson-allen-e...you-1836299774

Last edited by 13 - 3; 07-12-2019 at 12:11 AM.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1562908799_summer-league-2019-bracket-8-5x11-071119.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	6475
    Last edited by ragincaucasian; 07-12-2019 at 01:40 AM.

So we need to lock down Herro and Nunn. They're Miami's big guns.
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpnose View Post
    So we need to lock down Herro and Nunn. They're Miami's big guns.
    Yea those 2 are going to be a nice little guard duo going forward. Would love to see some of our backcourt guys like Frank and Alexander-Walker get a run at Nunn and Hero. We have a very impressive SL team and what looks like maybe the 2 best players at their position in all of SL with NAW and Hayes. Would be awesome for us to win it all.

There are rumors that the Thunder will be trading CP3 to the Heat when they can. I think her would be a great fit next to Dragic.
    CP3/Dragic/Butler/Winslow/Bam
    Nunn/Waiters/Herro/Johnson/Olynyk
    Imo that is a very good starting lineup with lots of potential depending how big of a leap Winslow and Bam take. Got a very solid bench that can keep getting better as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea those 2 are going to be a nice little guard duo going forward. Would love to see some of our backcourt guys like Frank and Alexander-Walker get a run at Nunn and Hero. We have a very impressive SL team and what looks like maybe the 2 best players at their position in all of SL with NAW and Hayes. Would be awesome for us to win it all.

There are rumors that the Thunder will be trading CP3 to the Heat when they can. I think her would be a great fit next to Dragic.
    CP3/Dragic/Butler/Winslow/Bam
    Nunn/Waiters/Herro/Johnson/Olynyk
    Imo that is a very good starting lineup with lots of potential depending how big of a leap Winslow and Bam take. Got a very solid bench that can keep getting better as well.
    So how are they getting CP3 and keeping all those guys?
    Miami is hard capped. They will need to involve a third team and they will want Winslow at the least.

Luckily, I think we have a pretty good matchup for Herro in NAW. Obviously shot makers will make shots, but Herro's big disadvantage is that he has a negative wingspan: he has to create separation prior to the shot because he can't shoot over anyone and he's not super athletic. The best kind of guard to defend that is a disciplined, smart defender with a large wingspan who can wrap him up and engulf him. NAW is that kind of guy. Herro's really good at just making shots, so you're not going to lock him up completely, but NAW has a better chance than most.

A matchup that really intrigues me is Miami's Yante Maten against Hayes. Hayes has a clear height and length advantage, as well as being far more mobile, but Maten has 25lbs on Hayes and is a very solid player. Hayes is the superior player, no doubt, but it will be interesting to see how Hayes handles a guy who is probably going to try and beat him up a little.

The real test will be when we play Boston. We've been a fantastic SL team, sure, but Boston has just been a buzzsaw so far. They have a lot of players who exceeding expectations or adjusting very early. Grant Williams has been exceedingly good for them, just a super smart player who knows what to do on both ends of the ball. He's shooting 44% from three as well (on 4 attempts a game!), which is crazy because he was not a shooter in college whatsoever. Carsen Edwards is doing a lot better than I thought he would, primarily because he's playing off heavy screening action from Grant and Fall, and speaking of Fall, he's been playing relatively limited minutes but he's been more mobile than most people expected that he would be so far.

Pelicans VS Celtics will be the most competitive game of Summer League, I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Luckily, I think we have a pretty good matchup for Herro in NAW. Obviously shot makers will make shots, but Herro's big disadvantage is that he has a negative wingspan: he has to create separation prior to the shot because he can't shoot over anyone and he's not super athletic. The best kind of guard to defend that is a disciplined, smart defender with a large wingspan who can wrap him up and engulf him. NAW is that kind of guy. Herro's really good at just making shots, so you're not going to lock him up completely, but NAW has a better chance than most.

A matchup that really intrigues me is Miami's Yante Maten against Hayes. Hayes has a clear height and length advantage, as well as being far more mobile, but Maten has 25lbs on Hayes and is a very solid player. Hayes is the superior player, no doubt, but it will be interesting to see how Hayes handles a guy who is probably going to try and beat him up a little.

The real test will be when we play Boston. We've been a fantastic SL team, sure, but Boston has just been a buzzsaw so far. They have a lot of players who exceeding expectations or adjusting very early. Grant Williams has been exceedingly good for them, just a super smart player who knows what to do on both ends of the ball. He's shooting 44% from three as well (on 4 attempts a game!), which is crazy because he was not a shooter in college whatsoever. Carsen Edwards is doing a lot better than I thought he would, primarily because he's playing off heavy screening action from Grant and Fall, and speaking of Fall, he's been playing relatively limited minutes but he's been more mobile than most people expected that he would be so far.

Pelicans VS Celtics will be the most competitive game of Summer League, I reckon
    Does both the Pelicans and the Heat play all their plays tonight?

Will NAW and Hayes play? Will Frank? Obv Zion is done.

Will be curious to see what the Pelicans staffs desire is to win SL is.

I hope they let the kids make a run at it

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    I hope they let the kids make a run at it
    Our championship run has gotta start sometime. Might as well be today.

I hope we see a squad of this the rest of the way:

C: Hayes, Bigby-Williams
    PF: Williams, Cheatham
    SF: Didi, Dawkins
    SG: Frank, Bluiett, Carr
    PG: NAW, Adams

If we played this team the rest of the way we could likely win the whole thing. But I doubt Frank is gonna play anymore with his history in summer league getting injured. But Bluiett & Carr could be good enough as our 2 guard rotation going forward.

They've been starting Adams at PG and NAW at SG so far. Why would they change now?

NAW vs Herro is going to be a great matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I hope we see a squad of this the rest of the way:

C: Hayes, Bigby-Williams
    PF: Williams, Cheatham
    SF: Didi, Dawkins
    SG: Frank, Bluiett, Carr
    PG: NAW, Adams

If we played this team the rest of the way we could likely win the whole thing. But I doubt Frank is gonna play anymore with his history in summer league getting injured. But Bluiett & Carr could be good enough as our 2 guard rotation going forward.
    Frank has sat the past few games out. Why would they put him back in now?

Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker View Post
    NAW vs Herro is going to be a great matchup.
    I feel like this is the perfect opportunity for NAW to flex on the defensive end. Herro's been hot all SL, but he has a negative wingspan, isn't crazy fast, doesn't have an elite handle. He can just score, flat out. They're both 6'6, but Herro has a -3.75'' wingspan, whereas NAW has a +4'' span. Being the same height but having a +7.75'' wingspan advantage should be huge on defense, and NAW has the right instincts and good enough anticipation to make it work. If he could clamp Herro, that would be great to see.

I feel like this is the perfect opportunity for NAW to flex on the defensive end. Herro's been hot all SL, but he has a negative wingspan, isn't crazy fast, doesn't have an elite handle. He can just score, flat out. They're both 6'6, but Herro has a -3.75'' wingspan, whereas NAW has a +4'' span. Being the same height but having a +7.75'' wingspan advantage should be huge on defense, and NAW has the right instincts and good enough anticipation to make it work. If he could clamp Herro, that would be great to see.
    I'd like to see him turn Herro into Grayson Allen tonight and frustrate him to the point of techs. Not sure they have the same mental makeup, though.

Super hype for this matchup.

Obviously it depends who actually ends up taking the floor, but just assuming we run with the same lineup we've used for the past two games I see it difficult for Miami to get this win. Honestly, unless Boston really just throw everything at us when that comes along, I don't see any real reason for us to lose this Summer League. Whether they're ready for the league yet or not is a different question, but it's fairly evident that NAW, Didi, and Hayes are too good for SL. Don't expect to see them back next summer.

Super hype for this matchup.

Obviously it depends who actually ends up taking the floor, but just assuming we run with the same lineup we've used for the past two games I see it difficult for Miami to get this win. Honestly, unless Boston really just throw everything at us when that comes along, I don't see any real reason for us to lose this Summer League. Whether they're ready for the league yet or not is a different question, but it's fairly evident that NAW, Didi, and Hayes are too good for SL. Don't expect to see them back next summer.
    something needs to be done with that second unit though Carr just doesn't cut it as a point he's so slow and just can't get everyone in position

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Boston is losing by 7 with 3 minutes left

And as fast as a posted that they are now losing by two with two minutes left

Thread Information