Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Summer League Games Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    He'll get leaner once he gets on the team and the trainers get a hold of him.
    Sure, but honestly I don't think he's ever going to be slim like some people seem to expect. He's broad, with broad shoulders and a thick-set waist. He can probably afford to drop 15lbs or so, of course, and the trainers will make that happen but he's never going to have that narrow frame the Twitter Police seem to think every player needs.
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carpo View Post
    Correct, 82 games in Gentrys system and full team practices will sort it out
    Not to mention there's no way us bringing in Aaron Nelson hasn't come with access to top flight nutritionists and a regiment designed to maximize his frame.

Zion will always carry a lot of bulk on that frame. But he can totally be even more sculpted to handle the stress of the game.

If Zion weren't a basketball player, he'd probably be a Mr. Universe contestant. Probably isn't hard at all for him to add muscle on top of muscle.

Oh. So the Lakers and Bulls are on the court the Pels and Knicks need to play on? So the game can't start until the next one ends.

Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by 8th_ward View Post
    I can relate to that. How long is the average game playtime 35-40 minutes?
    40 minutes

Zion doesnt need to get any leaner. He just doesnt need to get any bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    If Zion weren't a basketball player, he'd probably be a Mr. Universe contestant. Probably isn't hard at all for him to add muscle on top of muscle.
    I was reading a Jahlil Okafor interview earlier today that he did with GQ, where he was talking about his own training regimen and new diet he used to get in shape and they talked a little about Zion. Here's the article: https://www.gq.com/story/real-life-diet-jahlil-okafor

Here's the stuff about Zion: ''When I went to Duke a couple weeks ago, I was talking to the strength coach. He said he didn’t want Zion to lift that much weight, because he’s so strong already. A lot of the things they did involved him just using his body weight to maintain his strength, rather than using heavy weights in a way that might change his body. ''

Basically, according to Okafor, Zion's been doing pretty much body-weight training only since going to Duke. Not much weight training at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Oh. So the Lakers and Bulls are on the court the Pels and Knicks need to play on? So the game can't start until the next one ends.

Good to know.
    seriously how is a summer league game going over this much lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Lakers, holding up the Pelicans getting a chance to look at their new rookie?

Say it isn't so, guys...

This is SUMMER LEAGUE. PEOPLE.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Lakers, holding up the Pelicans getting a chance to look at their new rookie?

Say it isn't so, guys...
    And losing. They can't even lose and get out of the way properly.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    And losing. They can't even lose and get out of the way properly.
    If this isn't synecdoche for the entire last month of the NBA, I don't know what is.

I was reading a Jahlil Okafor interview earlier today that he did with GQ, where he was talking about his own training regimen and new diet he used to get in shape and they talked a little about Zion. Here's the article: https://www.gq.com/story/real-life-diet-jahlil-okafor

Here's the stuff about Zion: ''When I went to Duke a couple weeks ago, I was talking to the strength coach. He said he didn’t want Zion to lift that much weight, because he’s so strong already. A lot of the things they did involved him just using his body weight to maintain his strength, rather than using heavy weights in a way that might change his body. ''

Basically, according to Okafor, Zion's been doing pretty much body-weight training only since going to Duke. Not much weight training at all.
    Herschel Walker used only body weight exercises throughout his college and professional career. Naturally strong

Even the announcers want this game over with.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Herschel Walker used only body weight exercises throughout his college and professional career. Naturally strong
    It helps when your body weight is like 250lbs plus to start with. The plus side to BW stuff is that if you start heavy, you aren't going to gain extra mass because you aren't going beyond your natural limits. The downside is that if you start off small, you aren't going to gain much mass from it either.

Gotta start from that Zion position where you're just massive naturally.

This is so dumb. Lets interview him before he can even get a good warmup in, and ask him the same dumb questions.

ESPN is disgusting. Let the man get ready for the game. Pulled him straight off the court.

Oh yeah, Zion has somehow lost all his explosiveness...

My conspiracy theory is really taking flight

Game will begin shortly.... But when? This waiting is killing Me lol

OK, We're in this , finally!

My conspiracy theory is really taking flight
    At 18 years old he still has plenty of room to grow. Can you imagine a 6 11" Zion. CLEAR THE LANE.

Seems like the Knicks playing half their actual starting linueup---Knox, Barrett, Robinson

I cannot wait to watch a regular season game where Zion does a 360 dunk on AD.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    At 18 years old he still has plenty of room to grow. Can you imagine a 6 11" Zion. CLEAR THE LANE.
    Maybe that's why he waddles around and is nearly 300lbs. He's still growing.

Thread Information