Pelicans Report

Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Summer League Games Thread

When did we add Ian Clark, Stanley Johnson, & Cheick Diallo? Think ESPN hadn’t updated the roster fully. Unless we signed two of those guys today and I missed it, but I know Johnson went somewhere lolol

Hayes in a year or 2 will be elite scoring around the rim. Kid has maybe the best hands and touch in that area for a big I have ever seen. I think he will eventually develop a 3pt shot as well. No doubt he will have a knockdown mid range.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Lonzo is on a different level as a PG. NAW can be very good especially playing next to someone like Jrue who will handle the ball a lot as well. No way to I get rid of Lonzo unless it involves someone like Beal. I think the perfect role for NAW is our first guard off the bench who eventually takes over for Jrue. The great teams have someone like him coming off the bench not forcing him into a starting role.
    We shall see but I don’t think Lonzo looked this good in summer league as a lead guard like NAW has. I rather someone that can shoot if I’m paying them a huge deal after their rookie contract.

I have to see more of Lonzo, but I’m not sure he has a left hand as good as NAW. I don’t see any weakness in his game. Besides trying to make to good a play at times.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-10-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    I propose the following for NAW's in arena music

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    When did we add Ian Clark, Stanley Johnson, & Cheick Diallo? Think ESPN hadn’t updated the roster fully. Unless we signed two of those guys today and I missed it, but I know Johnson went somewhere lolol
    Yeah, Johnson's already in Toronto, Diallo has also apparently received interest from Toronto, God knows where Clark is.

They also still listed Dairis Bertans as being on our team, and as a forward. He's a guard, and we let him go: he's already signed a deal with Khimkhi in Moscow for next year.
    Basketball.

We shall see but I don’t think Lonzo looked this good in summer league
    So? He's looked extremely good as a passer and defender in the actual, real NBA.

He needs to shoot better. No doubt. But come on, who cares what his SL looked like?

Hayes has only played 16 minutes tonight, and a bunch of them were without NAW on the floor. Very weird.

We shall see but I don’t think Lonzo looked this good in summer league as a lead guard like NAW has. I rather someone that can shoot if I’m paying them a huge deal after their rookie contract.

I have to see more of Lonzo, but I’m not sure he has a left hand as good as NAW. I don’t see any weakness in his game. Besides trying to make to good a play at times.
    No Lonzo just looked better against real NBA competition. You are under rating his passing ability big time. NAW is a good passer but he isn’t on the same level as Lonzo and they are just 1/2 a year apart in age. You will see how good Lonzo is as a passer in Gentry’s system. I wouldn’t be shocked if he leads the NBA in assists. I have watched every game of his last season and most of his the year before. The kid is one of the most gifted passers in the league. You have to see more of Lonzo and not NAW? Go watch his highlights and tell me he doesn’t have a left hand. He does things NAW will never be able to do. Again NAW is gonna be very good and maybe even great as a passer. Lonzo next year can take it to an elite level.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 07-10-2019 at 07:48 PM.

Hayes with a FANTASTIC bullet pass from the top of the key to a cutter, wow

That's two very impressive passes he's made this game.

That Hayes 3

Hayes hitting 3s!! Like I said this kid is going to have a legit 3pt shot in a year!!

HAYES JUST SUNK A THREE
    IT'S OVER

IT'S OVER

Jaxson Hayes with the three!

Hayes just looks warn out lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Hayes just looks warn out lol

Yeah definitely lol

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Too much hero ball at times. We have to move the ball.

Hayes got such a good shoot.

Jaxson Hayes with more career three pointers than Ben Simmons.

Hayes total games: 2 (summer league only)
    Simmons total games: 160

We have guys open on the wings and are forcing shots. There have been some good moments tonight but also the typical growing pains.

Quote Originally Posted by 60minutes View Post
    We have guys open on the wings and are forcing shots. There have been some good moments tonight but also the typical growing pains.
    A lot of that comes with complacency too. We’ve been up 20ish for the majority of the game

lmao, Hayes just pulled 3 guys from the rim for an easy lay up by carr

NAW adjusting midair and hitting that right handed layup. So smooth

Anyone notice Mark Jackson sitting next to Gentry? Does that make him a candidate for assistant?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    NAW adjusting midair and hitting that right handed layup. So smooth
    We got a steal. He’s playing like a top 10 pick.

Thread Information