Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pels interested in Quinn Cook?

Pels interested in Quinn Cook?

Would love if we brought him back here!

Speculation for now but I'm with it.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I'm behind on free agency but was he not traded to Knicks? Also beyond that......HOW??????

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I'm behind on free agency but was he not traded to Knicks? Also beyond that......HOW??????
    No and how what?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    No and how what?
    Probably how would we sign him as a free agent when we are essentially over the cap with Darius Miller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Saints#34 View Post
    Probably how would we sign him as a free agent when we are essentially over the cap with Darius Miller.

Ding ding ding

Don’t we have too many players?

We have too many players, no money, and of our ''too many'' players, a huge number of them are guards.

Nope.
    Basketball.

I wonder if we will see a depth chart that looks more like this to start the season:

C: Favors, Okafor, Wood
    PF: Zion, Hayes, Melli
    SF: Ingram, Hart, Miller
    SG: Redick, Moore, NAW
    PG: Jrue, Ball, Jackson

It kind of makes sense with the players on the roster. Jrue has played point guard for most of his career. We don’t have a legit backup point guard for the second unit. I like the Jrue & Lonzo starting backcourt for defense, but a Jrue & JJ starting backcourt makes sense offensively. It would make our second unit make more sense with Lonzo, Moore, & Hart as our 3 guards.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I wonder if we will see a depth chart that looks more like this to start the season:

It kind of makes sense with the players on the roster. Jrue has played point guard for most of his career. We don’t have a legit backup point guard for the second unit. I like the Jrue & Lonzo starting backcourt for defense, but a Jrue & JJ starting backcourt makes sense offensively. It would make our second unit make more sense with Lonzo, Moore, & Hart as our 3 guards.
    I'd rather close out a quarter or game with Reddick than Ball (free throw shooting alone). Let Lonzo and Jrue start and play like the shutdown defenders they are.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I'd rather close out a quarter or game with Reddick than Ball (free throw shooting alone). Let Lonzo and Jrue start and play like the shutdown defenders they are.
    Yes but I think Gentry is gonna want JJ’s offense & shooting to start the game with Lonzo coming in with Jrue to hopefully defend the lead. It just makes more since with the roster as currently structured IMO. Moore can come in to give you the shooting that you lose once JJ comes out the game. Lonzo’s size also makes since for a 3 guard second unit in that he can defend most small forwards due to his size. Unless we move Moore and pick up a legit backup point guard, I think Lonzo is gonna run the second unit like he did last year in LA when Rondo was healthy & starting

Yes but I think Gentry is gonna want JJ’s offense & shooting to start the game with Lonzo coming in with Jrue to hopefully defend the lead. It just makes more since with the roster as currently structured IMO. Moore can come in to give you the shooting that you lose once JJ comes out the game. Lonzo’s size also makes since for a 3 guard second unit in that he can defend most small forwards due to his size. Unless we move Moore and pick up a legit backup point guard, I think Lonzo is gonna run the second unit like he did last year in LA when Rondo was healthy & starting
    Ball Started all but two games during each of his two years in La-La Land (total games not started = 4). It was Rondo who was coming off the bench when Ball was healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Ball Started all but two games during each of his two years in La-La Land (total games not started = 4). It was Rondo who was coming off the bench when Ball was healthy.
    Well no wonder they lost all those games cause it would make more sense starting Rondo with LeBron since LeBron initiates the offense most of the time anyway with Lonzo initiating the offense when LeBron is out of the game.

With a staring backcourt of Lonzo & Jrue the floor spacing isn’t the greatest for Zion. With Jrue & JJ the spacing should be great and won’t lose too much with Lonzo & Moore on the second unit IMO. JJ & Moore are a perfect shooting guard tandem and would be kind of dumb to have them both on the 2nd unit IMO. They are two of your veteran players from the guard spot and two of your better shooters as well. Favors wont give you much floor spacing and Ingram offers some for the 1st unit. I’ll be shocked if Jrue doesn’t start with JJ in the first game of the season, unless we make another move by shipping out Moore IMO.

Ding ding ding
    Pretty obvious trades are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We have too many players, no money, and of our ''too many'' players, a huge number of them are guards.

Nope.
    Better to have more than less. Trades are coming. Griff working the system like Dell could not.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints#34 View Post

Ding ding ding
    Resigning Darius had no effect on our cap situation. We could make room for Quinn if we wanted to bring him in. I would really like this move. Don't want Jrue to be forced into playing primarily at PG if Lonzo has an injury. Cook can be that backup PG we need and one that can shoot lights out from 3. I'd also love to see us make a trade for Iggy if Memphis wants to move him.

I’m more fascinated we got people on this board complaining that we have to many players now. Just remember when nobody wanted to come here!

Keep in mind to sign Cook he'd either have to be willing to take a minimum deal from us over countless other teams, or we'd have to trade a player to clear cap space.

We could move Melli into cap space and use the room exception on Cook, but we'd have to move some of the non-guaranteed contracts first, which would be fairly easy to do.

Jrue is not starting at point guard

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Pretty obvious trades are coming.
    But when? Anyone can say we will make a trade, no crap. Tell me when so if it doesn’t happen by then we will know how pretty obvious it wasn’t. A lot of people are talking about pairing Moore and Miller in a trade at the deadline, Cook will be long signed with a team by then if he is indeed even a target.

But when? Anyone can say we will make a trade, no crap. Tell me when so if it doesn’t happen by then we will know how pretty obvious it wasn’t. A lot of people are talking about pairing Moore and Miller in a trade at the deadline, Cook will be long signed with a team by then if he is indeed even a target.
    I think we are set until the deadline, but I definitely think we will make moves then. In fact if Ingram doesn't give the club any assurances (or if he doesn't fit into the club plans), he will be moved, too.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Jrue is not starting at point guard

Maybe he won’t, but I think that is the best possible starting lineup we have right now. So who would be in your second team? Who won’t be out of JJ Redick, Etwaun Moore, or Josh Hart? JJ Redick would be for sure. So either one of our top players from the last few years in Etwaun Moore or our new guy Josh Hart? One of them won’t be in it unless you are playing one of them at point guard and I don’t see either of them playing point guard. So either Frank Jackson or Nickeil Alexander-Walker will play over Etwaun Moore or Josh Hart in the second unit? I find that hard to believe when the other 2 have shown to be legit NBA players with one starting for us in the playoffs.

But when? Maybe tomorrow Maybe February.

Thread Information