Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pels re-sign Darius Miller

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Didn't mac said this on his Twitter?
    yez zir but I mean it would make complete sense we've been after him for what a year and half? plus this entire off season seemly really going after him hard. and I mean seem to have a ******** ton of assets building up it only seems logical that were going to end up going after someone big either this year or next

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pelispanish View Post
    Well... last season Beal didn't play with a true PG after Wall's injury. Maybe pairing him with Jrue is a better idea than starting him at SF.

In any case, I think the objective of Griffin is to be ready in case there is an opportunity, not a specific player.
    well really yoy could get jrue or zo to guard the sf position if we go that rout

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pelispanish View Post
    Well... last season Beal didn't play with a true PG after Wall's injury. Maybe pairing him with Jrue is a better idea than starting him at SF.

In any case, I think the objective of Griffin is to be ready in case there is an opportunity, not a specific player.
    Agreed. I think that is why he has acquired and signed guys like he has.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Agreed. I think that is why he has acquired and signed guys like he has.
    Trades incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    An acting GM who didn't even call Rui Hachimura on the phone before drafting him with a top ten pick.

You think this guy is authorised to trade Beal, right now?
    Any GM runs significant trades through the owner, so sure. However, I think they have made it well known they are not trading him currently.

Jrue is your backup PG for those expecting a trade for a backup point.

Can the ones who are stop carrying on like this signing is the end of the world. The team has a 2nd SF now and went from no where near the playoffs to a top 6? team

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    30 year old Moore
    Darius Miller, who most people are surprised got more than the minimum from us
    Ingram, whose various issues we've gone over a billion times

For

Bradley Beal, from a team that doesn't even have a GM and whose interim management is almost certainly not permitted to make a trade of this scale

....That's not happening. At least not until the deadline, if Ingram pumps up his value enough.
    From the glass half full perspective, the Wizards get off a big contract a year early, all three of those guys we are trading can be off the Wizards roster at the end of the year, and if Ingram can continue his progress from last year you have a talented young prospect.

Plus, who knows, maybe then Wiz will hire a Demps type GM who has no idea wht he is doing, so a guy like Griff can run Jedi mind tricks on him.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/sta...31744595365890

I love how so many start ripping this deal as if they know better then Griffin and Langdon LoL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    Trade Machine still has Darius at ~2.2M and if you try Moore, Miller, and Ingram for Beal it says Pels have ~4.4M too much incoming salary to make trade work. To make this work Darius would need a salary of about $6,600,000...(thinking face emoji)

Would wizards at least consider those 3 guys plus 2 first rounders for Beal? I think they would consider it.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y63tfkmq
    Makes no sense to move Ingram and bring in another guard with Jrue/Ball already on the roster. If we make a move like this it’s going to be Lonzo not Ingram. People can get over us moving Ingram cause it ain’t gonna happen.. I know a few are upset by this and can’t accept we have Ingran mostly because they will soon look like fools.. Jrue/Beal/Ingram or Ball/Jrue/Beal? I have been saying it for a while and imo Ball will be on the move for Beal but the question is when? Trade or not I like what we got!

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Second year is non-guaranteed, let me rephrase. Did we just waste 7mil on Darius Miller?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Huge overpay for a borderline NBA player. How do we still have the space for this contract? Favors = 16.9 million, Melli 4, Reddick, 13.25, Miller 7.125. That is 41.275 million of contracts. This only makes sense if we are trading Moore.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Not a fan of bringing him back but oh well especially at 7 million a year smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think any of y'all are understanding how forward thinking and smart of a move this is. First, this deal doesn't affect our cap situation this year since we used his bird rights to resign him. Secondly, the second year is non-guaranteed. This deal was entirely done with the intention of including Darius in a trade at the deadline. His contract is now a huge asset. This is our FO thinking outside the box and being proactive and forward thinking. I know Pels fans are used to having an incompetent front office, but I'm kinda surprised after all they've already done this off-season, that y'all wouldn't trust that Griff and co have a plan with this deal. We will now have the contracts with him and Moore to move for a big name player at the deadline. If we hadn't done this, we would've had to include a player we'd rather keep longterm. Think people. This was a genius move.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    I don't think any of y'all are understanding how forward thinking and smart of a move this is. First, this deal doesn't affect our cap situation this year since we used his bird rights to resign him. Secondly, the second year is non-guaranteed. This deal was entirely done with the intention of including Darius in a trade at the deadline. His contract is now a huge asset. This is our FO thinking outside the box and being proactive and forward thinking. I know Pels fans are used to having an incompetent front office, but I'm kinda surprised after all they've already done this off-season, that y'all wouldn't trust that Griff and co have a plan with this deal. We will now have the contracts with him and Moore to move for a big name player at the deadline. If we hadn't done this, we would've had to include a player we'd rather keep longterm. Think people. This was a genius move.
    Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Makes no sense to move Ingram and bring in another guard with Jrue/Ball already on the roster. If we make a move like this it’s going to be Lonzo not Ingram. People can get over us moving Ingram cause it ain’t gonna happen.. I know a few are upset by this and can’t accept we have Ingran mostly because they will soon look like fools.. Jrue/Beal/Ingram or Ball/Jrue/Beal? I have been saying it for a while and imo Ball will be on the move for Beal but the question is when? Trade or not I like what we got!
    Word from the coaching staff and FO is they view Ball as the best longterm player to come out of the AD/Lakers trade. They are gonna give him every opportunity to become the PG of the future and general on the floor. Based on all they've said, I seriously doubt Ball is getting moved anytime in the next 12 months. Either could be moved for the right deal, but Ingram seems more likely at this point, just based on the coaches and FO's preference. I hope Ingram continues to build off his late run at the end of last season. He has all the tools to be an all-star wing that can put up major points on a nightly basis. Will be interesting to see how him and Zo progress now that they're away from that clown show. Either way, I'll trust Griff and Langdon with whatever moves they decide to make. They've fully earned our trust so far.

Basketball Guru
    chess not checkers....

Word from the coaching staff and FO is they view Ball as the best longterm player to come out of the AD/Lakers trade. They are gonna give him every opportunity to become the PG of the future and general on the floor. Based on all they've said, I seriously doubt Ball is getting moved anytime in the next 12 months. Either could be moved for the right deal, but Ingram seems more likely at this point, just based on the coaches and FO's preference. I hope Ingram continues to build off his late run at the end of last season. He has all the tools to be an all-star wing that can put up major points on a nightly basis. Will be interesting to see how him and Zo progress now that they're away from that clown show. Either way, I'll trust Griff and Langdon with whatever moves they decide to make. They've fully earned our trust so far.
    Yea I agree and would lean towards Ball not getting moved. I’m just saying if we do make a move for Beal I would guarantee it involves Ball and not Ingram. Griffin has been on record as saying Ingram is a cornerstone piece. Ball for me has nothing to do with his talent but with the off the court stuff and him not completely buying in. Like you said it will be interesting to see them not in the clown show. All I know is I’m excited to watch the team we got!!

All I know is I’m excited to watch the team we got!!
    You and me both dude. I've never been as excited for Pelicans basketball as I am for next season. I LOVE the young team we have put together. Whether we make the playoffs or not (I certainly believe we can) this team is gonna be fun as hell to watch grow together. This year is all about building our core and culture. Gonna be a fun process.

You and me both dude. I've never been as excited for Pelicans basketball as I am for next season. I LOVE the young team we have put together. Whether we make the playoffs or not (I certainly believe we can) this team is gonna be fun as hell to watch grow together. This year is all about building our core and culture. Gonna be a fun process.
    Yea I think we can make the playoffs but I don’t care really what happens next season. We are going to be fun to watch! This team can win now but is set up for long term success if things work out like we hope! If you wanna make it to a game next year hit me up and I’ll donate some tickets!

Yea I think we can make the playoffs but I don’t care really what happens next season. We are going to be fun to watch! This team can win now but is set up for long term success if things work out like we hope! If you wanna make it to a game next year hit me up and I’ll donate some tickets!
    Hell yeah man that would be awesome! My 4 year old daughter Hushpuppy wants to go to her first game this year and see "Jue and Zon" play lol. I'm definitely planning on making a few games this coming season.

https://youtu.be/Kqy0mbfDa3Y just wanted to share. All the people we have signed this free agency. All I can say is we do have shooters, so that's good!

Hell yeah man that would be awesome! My 4 year old daughter Hushpuppy wants to go to her first game this year and see "Jue and Zon" play lol. I'm definitely planning on making a few games this coming season.
    Just DM when you can make it and I got you! Would love to give those tickets to hushpuppy and go see June and Zon lmao!!

Quote Originally Posted by adoboman View Post
    https://youtu.be/Kqy0mbfDa3Y just wanted to share. All the people we have signed this free agency. All I can say is we do have shooters, so that's good!
    Favors reminds me of a tougher Amare Stoudmemire. We know how well he did in Phoenix under Gentry.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Miller will help a lot. I love the moves. Need another pg though. Should get Cook. Move some pieces...

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Miller will help a lot. I love the moves. Need another pg though. Should get Cook. Move some pieces...

Who do you want to move? There's one roster spot left and Kenny nor Wood are signed yet

I wonder if Kenny Hustle or Woods would take one of our two way contracts to free up a space on the main roster, with the promise that we will move them to the full roster as soon as a trade is made.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I wonder if Kenny Hustle or Woods would take one of our two way contracts to free up a space on the main roster, with the promise that we will move them to the full roster as soon as a trade is made.
    I doubt it. Clips have ton of cap space and could offer them good deals

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I doubt it. Clips have ton of cap space and could offer them good deals
    Could, sure, but would they? Maybe with Wood, but I doubt they'd be that interested in Kenny, despite Kenrich being the superior prospect.
    Basketball.

Thread Information