Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How would you feel if Kawhi doesn’t go to the Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Well it's reported he will be bout out not waived and wants to go to Lakers.
    Strange, because there are also reports cropping up that Memphis is receiving calls from various teams interested in Iguodala's services. You think they're gonna buy him out if they can just trade him to a team that actually wants him?
    Basketball.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Strange, because there are also reports cropping up that Memphis is receiving calls from various teams interested in Iguodala's services. You think they're gonna buy him out if they can just trade him to a team that actually wants him?
    If they have to take on more salary than it would cost to buy him out, yes.

Not sure Cris Carter would be reliable on basketball, but according to him, the Lakers are not favorites to sign him. Credibility is on the line Cris

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Not sure Cris Carter would be reliable on basketball, but according to him, the Lakers are not favorites to sign him. Credibility is on the line Cris
    I mean he's not Woj but he's not Broussard either. He has sources I just wouldn't count on it. Credibility on the line like you said.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post

carter is cool with kawhi uncle i believe....he also could be throwing people off...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Would be crazy if Memphis got a 1st round pick, and additional assets, for serving as a pass through for Iggy. Aren't they prohibited from trading him for awhile?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    My care level for NBA would take a huge hit.
    You probably misread the thread title

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If I was Kawhi and never planning on going to the Lakers, or if I had already made up my mind, then I'd have handled everything the exact same way as Kawhi.

Who's one of the biggest threats to me repeating with Toronto or if I go to the Clippers? The Lakers with AD + Lebron and 32m in cap space.

What can I do about that? Drag out my decision while giving neutral statements to keep teams on the hook and not spend their cap space. Then once all/most of the free agents are signed elsewhere I announce my decision to keep the team from being able to fill up their roster with quality players.

I'm not saying this is what he's doing, but it'd be a mad genius move if he did.
    I am sure it’s not what he is doing but then I have no clue what he is doing and why. This guy is well not weird but definitely different

I really hope he stays in Toronto for a year or two as I really appreciate him as a player. And
    I will laugh my ****** off at the Bron and his one brow girlfriend. But if he actually goes there I will lose all the respect I have for him

I will just put this here

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I really hope he stays in Toronto for a year or two as I really appreciate him as a player. And
    I will laugh my ****** off at the Bron and his one brow girlfriend. But if he actually goes there I will lose all the respect I have for him
    I feel the exact same way it will go against everything I thought Kawhi was about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main reason we shouldn't want Kawhi going to the Lakers is because we own their draft picks and I've hardly seen anyone mention that here. So if he goes to Toronto or the Clippers, obviously all Pelican fans should rejoice. It will have a very positive and direct impact on the future of our own franchise. That's whats important. But yeah, it would be nice to see these arrogant and delusional Lakers fans cry a river over Kawhi.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Yea I 100% agree. With Kawhi being one of my favorite players it would really suck to see him to go LA. I’m all about loyalty and want to see him go back to the Raptors. I think he signs the 2 year deal with Toronto and gets to his 10 years in the NBA where he would then sign the biggest contract in NBA history. Very little risk for him imo as well. He could tear his Achilles and Toronto will still give him the extension as they should. Plus I wanna see Lebron and his one browned gf get destroyed every single night! By the way that was funny!!

Jabari Young just tweeted
    On the Kawhi front, told he’s not making a decision tonight and it may not be until the next few days. He and his reps are going through the process and taking their time before deciding the next move. No 2-year deals have been discussed. #NBA
    @TheAthleticNBA

Seems like all the momentum is with the Raptors right now though

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    I will just put this here

The world needs a proper NBA comedy musical!

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    The main reason we shouldn't want Kawhi going to the Lakers is because we own their draft picks and I've hardly seen anyone mention that here. So if he goes to Toronto or the Clippers, obviously all Pelican fans should rejoice. It will have a very positive and direct impact on the future of our own franchise. That's whats important. But yeah, it would be nice to see these arrogant and delusional Lakers fans cry a river over Kawhi.
    That's the only reason I personally care at all. I just thought it was obvious, one of those unstated things we all know. We want the worst for the Lakers because it will directly impact the quality of the assets we end up getting from the AD trade. If they magically had possession of, say, the Mavs 2020 pick, the Heat 2021 pick, the Suns 2022 pick, and the Hawks 2023 pick and traded us those instead, then I wouldn't care too much if they got Kawhi. It might frustrate me, cause I don't like them personally, but I certainly wouldn't be upset on any serious level.

The reason I care is that if they get Kawhi, they'll be good in 2021 and 2022. If they don't, they won't.

If I was Kawhi and never planning on going to the Lakers, or if I had already made up my mind, then I'd have handled everything the exact same way as Kawhi.

Who's one of the biggest threats to me repeating with Toronto or if I go to the Clippers? The Lakers with AD + Lebron and 32m in cap space.

What can I do about that? Drag out my decision while giving neutral statements to keep teams on the hook and not spend their cap space. Then once all/most of the free agents are signed elsewhere I announce my decision to keep the team from being able to fill up their roster with quality players.

I'm not saying this is what he's doing, but it'd be a mad genius move if he did.
    https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/...654665216?s=19

Turns out, Kawhi is as cold blooded as I am.

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/...654665216?s=19

Turns out, Kawhi is as cold blooded as I am.
    Yeah your post was deadly accurate

Thread Information