Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just want to bring back up the fact that...

Just want to bring back up the fact that...

...we got:

Lonzo
    Hart
    Ingram
    Jaxon Hayes(8th pick)
    Nickeil Alexander-walker(17th pick)
    Derrick Favors
    Cleveland 2020 1rd pick
    Lakers 2021 1rd Pick
    Swap Lakers 2023 1rd pick
    Lakers 2024 1rd pick

For AD and Solomon Hill LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It will be complete when the Lakers look up and there are no quality free agents left to surround LeBron and AD with.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    It will be complete when the Lakers look up and there are no quality free agents left to surround LeBron and AD with.
    People being up other superteam... But a superteam never got completely gutted of their young talent like this. I don't see how Laker become a competitive team with just 2 or 3 superstar with 1 youth role player and a bunch vet mins coached by Vongel lol

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    ...we got:

Lonzo
    Hart
    Ingram
    Jaxon Hayes(8th pick)
    Derrick Favors
    Cleveland 2020 1rd pick
    Lakers 2021 1rd Pick
    Lakers 2024 1rd pick

For one year of AD. They could have him for free next year

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    People being up other superteam... But a superteam never got completely gutted of their young talent like this. I don't see how Laker become a competitive team with just 2 or 3 superstar with 1 youth role player and a bunch vet mins coached by Vongel lol
    Maybe they can dress out their 46 year old assistant coach, Jason Kidd.

It would require certain players taking pay cuts and some unlikely signings, but LA could still field a good, relatively deep team next season. Keep your fingers crossed that they do not.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It would require certain players taking pay cuts and some unlikely signings, but LA could still field a good, relatively deep team next season. Keep your fingers crossed that they do not.
    Been saying this since the trade. They dont mind going over the luxury tax at all. Also with some quality FA out there they can still be pretty deep. Especially if they get Kawhi. With Cousins, Igoudala(If bought-out), Danny Green, McGee, Rondo, etc. They can still be the team to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Been saying this since the trade. They dont mind going over the luxury tax at all. Also with some quality FA out there they can still be pretty deep. Especially if they get Kawhi. With Cousins, Igoudala(If bought-out), Danny Green, McGee, Rondo, etc. They can still be the team to beat.
    Going into the luxury tax only works to resign your players. They are almost capped out and FA is starting to dry up.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    I mean, it's nothing to do with the luxury tax. They can't go into the luxury tax, because you can't just go into that with free agency signings, it becomes a factor when you're extending people or resigning your own restricted guys or whatever.

It's also nothing to do with Cousins, who I think is absolutely spent and isn't a contributor on a winning team, or Rondo, who I think is a neutral player at this point in his career.

But if you just look at the Klutch players who are still on the market: Cory Joseph, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, both Morris brothers. If they could pick up, say, Cory Joseph, KCP, resign Alex Caruso, get one of the Morris brothers (Marcus maybe), and manage to get Looney, then they could field a solid team. I don't think they would be the team to beat, Utah would still hold that title in my eyes, and they wouldn't be stacked in terms of depth, but they would be a respectable team with the potential for a deep playoffs run.

They literally cannot go over the tax this season. It's simply not possible. They have 32m, the room exception, and minimum contracts to fill out their roster. That's it.

Basketball Guru
    AD may be starting at the 5 and bigs getting physical with him will take a toll on his body and mind......something else for us to cheer about...

And Kawhi might not even go because they have no depth. How is he going to load manage, without depth? Lol

It's worth bringing up the fact that Kuzma also sucks really badly. So it's not even like 2 superstars and a very good young roleplayer. It's like, 2 superstars and Kyle Kuzma.

And Kawhi might not even go because they have no depth. How is he going to load manage, without depth? Lol
    He is gonna load manage no matter what.. they just gonna lose 20-15 load management games to the the addition 20 game that they are expected to lose.

...we got:

Lonzo
    Hart
    Ingram
    Jaxon Hayes(8th pick)
    Derrick Favors
    Cleveland 2020 1rd pick
    Lakers 2021 1rd Pick
    Lakers 2024 1rd pick

and it should be noted:

1) not a single one of those players right now is excellent at basketball(relative to the nba) right now. Ingram is probably closest, but right now it's even questionable whether he is a plus player as a starter.

2) The Lakers got a 26 year old who is healthy and one of the six best players in the world at a minimum and likely to sign a long term deal with them. And because they got him(to go with Lebron), they are at least cofavorites to get another of the top few players in the world who happens to have just turned 28 and still has several more high level years.

I don't dislike the trade given the pickle we were in....we had a player who wanted to go to the lakers, only had 1 more year on his deal, and the fact that it was known he wanted to go to the lakers hurt his trade value.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit angry watching it all go do down, or a little bit worried that they *will* get KL and we have to see that franchise and all their fans laughing and smiling as they cut down the nets in 11 months. And then maybe again.....

Because if you have Lebron, KL, and Anthony Davis......you don't need a bunch of high value supporting cast guys come playoff time when the bench shortens and you lean on your top few core guys more anyways. They will get enough ring chaser useful vet min types to get by.

I'm nauseated by the fact that they have a real shot to get KL to go with AD because they got AD...….

and besides having to watch them win another ring, if they sign KL to a four year deal- that takes us through the 22-23 season...with AD then being 30 and KL being 32. that takes is through750% of the picks and pick swaps in this deal. I got news for ya- A team fielding both a late 20s AD and an early 30s KL ain't picking high...….

People being up other superteam... But a superteam never got completely gutted of their young talent like this. I don't see how Laker become a competitive team with just 2 or 3 superstar
    you don't see how the lakers become a competitive team with 3 of the best 6 basketball players in the entire world next year? really?

You throw out Lebron, AD, and Kawhi with me and you out there and that's a competitive team.

https://www.theringer.com/2019/7/1/2...ency-nba-title

The ringer is about as good as it gets, and that may overstate things a little bit....but if they run out there an aging LeBron with KL and AD and they are healthy come playoff time, they are heavy heavy heavy favorites to win the nba title.

He is gonna load manage no matter what.. they just gonna lose 20-15 load management games to the the addition 20 game that they are expected to lose.
    Somehow I think a team starting Lebron and AD(a team whose o/u without KL would easily be in the 50s) isn't going to go 0-15 or 0-20 in the games KL rests....

A laker team featuring this big 3 isn't going to try to break the 73 win record. They'd be quite content winning high 50s or whatever in the regular season to cruise into the playoffs where they would be massive favorites if those guys are healthy.

"So tom, who is going to win this series"
    "well dave, I'll go with the team who has the three best players in the series to beat the team that doesn't"

Quote Originally Posted by tacosman View Post
    Somehow I think a team starting Lebron and AD(a team whose o/u without KL would easily be in the 50s) isn't going to go 0-15 or 0-20 in the games KL rests....

A laker team featuring this big 3 isn't going to try to break the 73 win record. They'd be quite content winning high 50s or whatever in the regular season to cruise into the playoffs where they would be massive favorites if those guys are healthy.

"well dave, I'll go with the team who has the three best players in the series to beat the team that doesn't"
    That assumeing AD and Lebron stay healthy and play a fullseason
    That’s if father time does not catch up to Lebron in April
    That’s if Kahwi doesn't injured regardless of load managememt like this year

Lakers with or without Kawhi is a fragile house of cards of 2 injury prone players and a declining 35 year old Lebron an

Also, Lebron isn't a top 5 player anymore. Top 15 definitely.

I dont want it to happen but at the same time kinda want to see what it looks like to strip a team down so much. Should be interesting to watch either way. What can i say i love to watch train wrecks.

Oh yeah, they're a 3 man deep team that's going to sit every one of their players at least ten games. They better be absolutely thrilled with high 50s as a win total. They should be absolutely ecstatic to win 50 games at all, let along 55+. That team, filled out with like, KCP, 2019 Boogie, and G Leaguers, should be happy to win more than 45 games.

A Laker team featuring this big 3 isn't going to try and break the 73 win record. True. Instead, they'll be clawing to stay in playoff contention, because unless they ALL play at least 70 legitimate, real games, with real minutes, together, they aren't going to be a playoff team at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Oh yeah, they're a 3 man deep team that's going to sit every one of their players at least ten games. They better be absolutely thrilled with high 50s as a win total. They should be absolutely ecstatic to win 50 games at all, let along 55+. That team, filled out with like, KCP, 2019 Boogie, and G Leaguers, should be happy to win more than 45 games.

A Laker team featuring this big 3 isn't going to try and break the 73 win record. True. Instead, they'll be clawing to stay in playoff contention, because unless they ALL play at least 70 legitimate, real games, with real minutes, together, they aren't going to be a playoff team at all.
    I guess everyone has their own opinion and that doesn't mean you are wrong until the games are played, but if the lakers have Lebron, AD, and Kawhi on their team to open the year:

- they will have the top o/u in the west entering the season. period.

Note that Im not predicting they will have the best record(taking the field in the reg season is always a smart play on things like this), but their will be a prop bet for them to make/miss the playoffs and it will be a MASSIVE payout on the miss part. Just massive. Heck it's even going to be an incredibly tilted payout on the missing playoffs part of that futures bet if it's just AD and Bron on the team

So if you truly believe they are a team that should be happy to win 45-50 games with those 3, there is a heck of a lot of money you should be making in Vegas next year because that mindset definitely is going to markedly different from the CW, the so called 'experts', cappers, etc.....

Heck as I posted earlier even if the lakers *don't* get Kawhi and just go with Lebron/AD and use the rest to sign what is left(mostly gone) out there, they are still going to have odds to win an nba title about the same as the bucks, raptors(even with kawhi, etc), etc...…

The way you are prognosticating this lakers team for next year just dramatically differs from what betting odds are going to be, so if you really feel this strongly about it I'd sign up for bodawg or 5dimes or whatever and make some serious 'under' plays on the lakers performance next year

I guess everyone has their own opinion and that doesn't mean you are wrong until the games are played, but if the lakers have Lebron, AD, and Kawhi on their team to open the year:

- they will have the top o/u in the west entering the season. period.

Note that Im not predicting they will have the best record(taking the field in the reg season is always a smart play on things like this), but their will be a prop bet for them to make/miss the playoffs and it will be a MASSIVE payout on the miss part. Just massive. Heck it's even going to be an incredibly tilted payout on the missing playoffs part of that futures bet if it's just AD and Bron on the team

So if you truly believe they are a team that should be happy to win 45-50 games with those 3, there is a heck of a lot of money you should be making in Vegas next year because that mindset definitely is going to markedly different from the CW, the so called 'experts', cappers, etc.....

Heck as I posted earlier even if the lakers *don't* get Kawhi and just go with Lebron/AD and use the rest to sign what is left(mostly gone) out there, they are still going to have odds to win an nba title about the same as the bucks, raptors(even with kawhi, etc), etc...…

The way you are prognosticating this lakers team for next year just dramatically differs from what betting odds are going to be, so if you really feel this strongly about it I'd sign up for bodawg or 5dimes or whatever and make some serious 'under' plays on the lakers performance next year
    I dont think you understand how betting odds work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    I dont want it to happen but at the same time kinda want to see what it looks like to strip a team down so much. Should be interesting to watch either way. What can i say i love to watch train wrecks.
    these sorts of comments puzzle me.....if Kawhi comes the core of their team will consist of 3 of the very best players in the world. As a lakers hater, that will be 'interesting' in about the same way having a root canal with no anesthetic while going through heroin withdrawl would be interesting.

they are going to be like -130 to -140 to start the season to *win* the nba title if Kawhi comes. The next closest team will be like Milwaukee at +400. I may be even undershooting those laker odds if kawhi comes. Hell even if he doesn't they are going to be like +400ish.....

a team with a big free of Lebron, Kawhi and AD has a very high likelihood to be scary good...even if surrounded by min ring chaser types...

I think you need to cool your jets with regards to making points based on betting odds. I think this is the second or third time you've made an argument to me that basically boils down to ''yeah cool but the betting odds tho''.

You know how betting odds work. They aren't always based on some super serious analysis of fact. If Vegas thinks they are going to make a lot of money from stupid, ignorant, arrogant Lakers fans betting on their team to win despite not having a realistic chance of doing so, they will set the odds accordingly and proceed to rake in the cash when the Lakers underperform.

I've been clear about why I think the Lakers, even if they get Kawhi, are not a 100% lock for the playoffs: that is, should they decide to engage in heavy load management procedures, they would not be a team deep enough to truly guarantee the playoffs. Kawhi played 60 games last year. They absolutely cannot afford to let him sit 22 games for rest. They certainly cannot afford to rest all three of their players for that kind of time.

If the Lakers sign Kawhi, and then proceed to do ''load management'' for each of Lebron, AD, and Kawhi, to the tune of 15+ games each, they will have real trouble being a playoff team and, like I said, would be happy to win 45-50 games.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I dont think you understand how betting odds work.
    I don't think you understand what I was saying....I was just pointing out what the odds and o/u will be, and if Pelicanidae feels that strongly that this is a team that will struggle to make the playoffs with that big3 there is a huge opportunity to take advantage of a fatal market error.

but vegas odds aside(and if you think the goal is to get even money on each side it's really not and more complicated than that....books go into games intentionally with 70/30 type splits and some exposure all the time) there is a general consensus all across nba circles that a team headed by Lebron, KL, and AD would be good next year. Do you deny that?

Thread Information