Pelicans Report

Thread: Official Summer League Roster

Official Summer League Roster

Obviously there's the chance for Hayes and NAW to join us later, because the trade will occur, but for now, this is where we're at.
    Basketball.

We gunning for that summer league championship.

I had totally forgotten about Tony Carr

Jackson/Bluiett/Zylan/Zion/Wood is going to be a murderous lineup tbh.

Lets get that chip Pels!

I just hope Jackson can actually make it through the whole summer league this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    When I saw the roster I was wondering where those 2 are. But then it dawned on me that they're not "official" yet.

I get the feeling Zion and Frank are place holders for Hayes and NAW. Happy to be wrong though

I thought Louzada was going to play summer league with them, right?

Didn't Louzada get picked with a pick we got from someone else? Maybe the Atlanta #35? So since that trade isn't official yet, he's not technically ours either?

Quote Originally Posted by interrobang View Post
    I had totally forgotten about Tony Carr
    He could very well turn into your second point guard. I remember him at Penn State posting up smaller guards (something 6'6", Ball should be working on as we speak along with free throw shooting) and seemed to distribute the ball well. I wonder if his game has improved during stay in Europe
    February 11, 2024

"The Day...Pelicans Roost...DIED."

RIP Pelicans Roost

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Didn't Louzada get picked with a pick we got from someone else? Maybe the Atlanta #35? So since that trade isn't official yet, he's not technically ours either?
    Yep, he's technically still a Hawk.

Add in Louzada (maybe), NWA and Hayes and it's a pretty nice looking Summer league squad. That current roster would indicates a lot of small ball with Wood being the only genuine 4/5

Quote Originally Posted by carpo View Post
    Add in Louzada (maybe), NWA and Hayes and it's a pretty nice looking Summer league squad. That current roster would indicates a lot of small ball with Wood being the only genuine 4/5
    yea ...and you could always slide Zion over to fill in there if need be.

No way we win summer league, the Warriors signed Jimmer!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Obviously there's the chance for Hayes and NAW to join us later, because the trade will occur, but for now, this is where we're at.
    Is there an updated numerical roster since the other three have joined the team ?
    Last edited by Shrimpnose; 07-08-2019 at 10:20 AM.
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpnose View Post
    Is there an updated numerical roster since the other three have joined the team ?
    Not that I have seen, no. If I do see one though I'll be sure to post it!

Bluiett and Clark have apparently lost their roster spots (Bluiett losing his 2 way contract). Does this mean Bluiett has lost his spot on the summer league team? This apparently happened because they needed the money for one of the guys they are signing from free agency.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    Bluiett and Clark have apparently lost their roster spots (Bluiett losing his 2 way contract). Does this mean Bluiett has lost his spot on the summer league team? This apparently happened because they needed the money for one of the guys they are signing from free agency.
    Cheatham and Dawkins should be our 2 ways

Zylan and Bigby-Williams

Thread Information