Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pels trade for Favors

Interestingly enough

2019 non-guaranteed, fully if not waived on or before 7/5/19
    Don't see this sort of clause too often in a player of Favors capabilities

I've read some Jazz fans opinions about Favors and I encourage everybody to do the same in order to realize the kind of player we get. Some of them are even asking for an standing ovation the first time they play the Pelicans next season. Some others even argue that the team played even better with him than Gobert. All of them consider him an excellent pro and teammate that had All Star potential during his earlier days and ended sacrificing himself for the best of the team.

Just for recap. We released last night Stanley Johnson and Diallo and got two solid starters on +50 win teams.

PG: Ball - ¿Elfriid? - F.Jackson
    SG: Jrue - Redick - Hart - NAW
    SF: Ingram - Moore - Kenrich
    PF: Zion - Wood - Melli
    C: Favors - Okafor - Hayes

The roster is deep as hell, but I wouldn't trade anybody soon. Let's see first if everybody is able to pan out and stay healthy this season.

EDIT: I forgot NAW. So, in fact, we need to release/trade somebody if we want Elfriid to come back.
    Last edited by Pelispanish; 07-01-2019 at 12:07 PM.

the other great thing about this and the jj redick signing before them no real pressure for zion to be great now bit now even more so we can kind of just let him relax and actually develope with out putting everything on his shoulders

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Not to be too negative and I love what Griffin had done prior to free agency but his free agent class so far is iffy at best. We could have signed a very good free agent but instead we ended with 2 old players except for the Europe player who will be hit or miss. I am disappointed we needed a better and younger player who’d be around for several years to help our rebuild and be part of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by specialman View Post
    Not to be too negative and I love what Griffin had done prior to free agency but his free agent class so far is iffy at best. We could have signed a very good free agent but instead we ended with 2 old players except for the Europe player who will be hit or miss. I am disappointed we needed a better and younger player who’d be around for several years to help our rebuild and be part of the future.
    lmao what? favors is 27 and redick is still a great shooter what are you smoking?

You are entitled to it, but I think this is an insane point of view. I think when you put this entire offseason into view it’s hard to imagine a more successful one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favors is 27. He's younger than Melli, who is 28. Favors put up per 36's last year of 18/11 on 59% from the floor on a team that didn't even use him properly, and he's talented on the defensive end as well. Even if we don't end up liking him, he's an expiring contract that could be traded in February for further assets.

This team is two thirds young talent. We have what, 4 players over the age of 28? We have PLENTY of good, young players who need to develop, but you NEED quality vets who can actually play the game to plug up holes on a team full of youth and provide vet leadership. Redick and Favors do that, on relatively cheap, short-term deals that keep our flexibility for the 2021 free agency class.

I'm not sure what you want from him. The only thing Griff could have done better is if he had someone poached Kawhi. That's literally it.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Favors is 27. He's younger than Melli, who is 28. Favors put up per 36's last year of 18/11 on 59% from the floor on a team that didn't even use him properly, and he's talented on the defensive end as well. Even if we don't end up liking him, he's an expiring contract that could be traded in February for further assets.

This team is two thirds young talent. We have what, 4 players over the age of 28? We have PLENTY of good, young players who need to develop, but you NEED quality vets who can actually play the game to plug up holes on a team full of youth and provide vet leadership. Redick and Favors do that, on relatively cheap, short-term deals that keep our flexibility for the 2021 free agency class.

I'm not sure what you want from him. The only thing Griff could have done better is if he had someone poached Kawhi. That's literally it.
    breaking news kawhie signs with pelicans! I wish

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post

Where has Mr. Wowow at? Didn’t he say we would regret not drafting Garland?

Who do you think we should have went after in free agency?

Leonard
    living up to your name obviously

Actually Randle or Horford

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    living up to your name obviously

Hehhehe

Randle for $21m per
    Horford for $27m per

Kawhi Leonard?

So you're saying that you'd have been happier if, instead of getting multiple good fit players on short term deals for good money, Griff had instead overpaid for limited or aging players?

Or, in the case of Kawhi, you'd rather he just did nothing and instead waited in the empty hope that Kawhi Leonard would come here, where there has been no sign of any interest, and gotten nobody at all?

Come on.

I really disagree with this. I am relieved we didn’t give them contracts as NY and Philly did

That is pretty funny love that guy

What about Noel another young big with good potential??

He's already resigned with the Thunder.

I don’t see that potential in him unless you mean potential problems

If you wanted to plant a tree to clog the paint. We can just go buy seeds at home depot.. I promise... It'll develop faster than Noel.

So you'd rather have a 3yr/63m deal in Randle or a 4yr/109m deal in Horford over 1yr/17m in Favors and 2yr/23 in Reddick?

That would have really swung the free agency for you?

Thread Information