Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
In the context of the conversation I thought he was talking about end of game scenarios where opponents are much more likely to foul then allow for shots to get off.

I understand the point but I think it can be minimized by using either Zion or Ingram to inbound the ball and have 3 other good ft shooters on the court.

Look at Houston for example. PJ Tucker and Clint Capela both shot in the 60% range last year but Houston was still successful while having 2 mediocre ft shooters on the court to close out games.
Yeah, that's basically my point. I know that you can still be a team without having everyone be a fantastic FT shooter, but in general (and I don't think anyone would disagree with this) it's better to have good FT shooting than bad FT shooting. Look at our roster for next year:

Lonzo: 41% FT shooter
Jrue: 77% FT shooter
Ingram: 67%
Zion: 60% [College]
Favors: 67%
Moore: 76%
Redick: 89%
Melli: 80% [Euroleague]
Hart: 68%
Jackson: 74%
Okafor: 66%
Kenrich: 68%
Wood: 73%
Hayes: 74% [College]
NAW: 78% [College]

In a perfect world, we would have more than 2 people who shoot better than 80% from the FT line. Not a huge complaint, we'll still be fun to watch and I think there's room for plenty of internal improvement, but it is something to at least take note of.