Pelicans Report

Thread: Cheick Diallo gone ??

Cheick Diallo gone ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diallo spellcheck got me

Damnit. I really liked Cheick. Thought he was a solid, productive, bench player who didn't demand the ball much and still got buckets. I guess we want a vet PF behind Zion...

Nah they just really like Mr Wood.

Now i am wondering what we will do with Frank.

Cheick Diallo gone !!

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Now i am wondering what we will do with Frank.

I think frank earned some trust from gentry after he came back from the g-league and was playing good ball...gentry may push to keep him...….gotta see if we bring in a vet PG I guess to see what frank status will be with us...

Still cleaning house. Good work Griff.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    This hurts my heart. I loved Cheick.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    He was cheap and brought energy. Surprised we let him go. He will wind up somewhere.

On one hand, was Diallo a fun, energetic player who I enjoyed watching get on the court? Yes
    Did he clearly improve throughout his three years with us? Yes he did.
    Was he on course to become a solid energy big off the bench? Yes, he was.
    Will I miss him, on a personal level, because of that fun energy? Of course.

Do I think this is the end of the world? Nah, he wasn't that calibre of player. Wish him success and hope he gets paid somewhere.
    Basketball.

I'm not ready to change my avi, but I figured we wouldn't keep him. I hope he finds a great situation. He should go to Phoenix with Monty.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I hope he finds a great situation. He should go to Phoenix
    What

Yea i always loved to watch Cheick play. He was also a good shooter around the basket with a 58.5% FG rating. Loved that one hand toss he has...but such is life. We need to make room for the up and coming and I am sure he will find a place in the NBA. Worse case he uses those multimillions to wipe his tears away.

Stanley Johnson will be a ufa too

He gone

What about Bertans?
    Surely he's gone before Stanley and Diallo.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but couldn’t the Pelicans re-sign Diallo once a bigger move is made in free agency? I have seen reports of similar moves being made by other teams in order to maximize cap space for the beginning of free agency. Those teams still intend to bring the player back, but need the flexibility now. Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but I am hopeful that it is a similar situation with Diallo and Griffin has already agreed on a new deal for Diallo after he makes a bigger move next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but couldn’t the Pelicans re-sign Diallo once a bigger move is made in free agency? I have seen reports of similar moves being made by other teams in order to maximize cap space for the beginning of free agency. Those teams still intend to bring the player back, but need the flexibility now. Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but I am hopeful that it is a similar situation with Diallo and Griffin has already agreed on a new deal for Diallo after he makes a bigger move next week.
    I am pretty sure that is possible but doubt that will happen as we need to make a little room as we just brought in like 6 players in the off season. NBA teams can have a maximum of 15 players on the roster.

Thread Information