Pelicans Report

Thread: ''Julius Randle with Hops''

''Julius Randle with Hops''

On an appearance on Colin Cowherd's terrible show, Enes Kanter made an appearance and, when discussing Zion Williamson, made the claim that he's basically just ''Julius Randle with hops''.

Here's the video.

Of course, Randle had to respond.

Of course, there are some similarities between Randle and Zion: they're both physically powerful, driving athletic lefties with good handles for men their size. It is fitting, however, that it's Enes Kanter who makes this comparison, completely ignoring the defensive difference between Zion and Randle (where Zion is far superior) as well as the playmaking and general basketball IQ issues. Kanter, of course, not known for his defense, his passing, or his basketball genius.

That said, this response essentially sums up a lot to me:

Obviously this isn't big news, Randle may be on a different team in a few weeks, but it's still just a funny news story surrounding our exciting new Rookie.
    Basketball.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Big dummy

And Kanter is Borat but with hops

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Don't be silly, Kanter doesn't have hops.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post

Never forget our tank for Zion!

Enes Kanter: *playing against a team that's clearly tanking* ''Yeah but you lost tho?''

Never change, Enes. If you ever got some basketball IQ and figured out what was happening, you might be dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Never forget our tank for Zion!

I have to give it to him...this is the first time he actually blocked a shot.

Who else will be waiting for Kanter to get tea-bagged by Zion in the foreseeable future?

I think at worse Zion is Julius with hops but actually plays defense. That alone is a 2 way all star caliber player. They have lot of similarities in their games but Zion at this point in his career is on a different level obviously. Zion also offers more versatility then Randle imo defensive being able to guard SF/PF and even C. If there is a mismatch for him where someone has the length over him then I’m confident he is a mich bigger mismatch for them on the other side of the ball. This kid is going to be a superstar with the NBA perfectly suited for his game.

Thread Information