Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Lakers have their 3rd man?

Anyone but Kawhi... Please.

Good news today! They are bringing back Magic for this! They are really trying to blow this! See Paul George.

Basketball Guru
    i just cant see kawhi pulling a weak move by joining the lakers and helping lebron win.....

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Good news today! They are bringing back Magic for this! They are really trying to blow this! See Paul George.

Lakers are already in trouble because Magic is not allowed to be present at free agency meetings.
    Basketball.

The writing is on the wall. Kawhi will cement the next super team for the next 5 years. Just after I am roped in for a half season plan. The NBA does this ********.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    The writing is on the wall. Kawhi will cement the next super team for the next 5 years. Just after I am roped in for a half season plan. The NBA does this ********.
    Why is the writing on the wall?

We've had a lot of confirmed plans for Kyrie to Brooklyn, Kemba to Boston, Vucevic back to Orlando, etc. We've had nothing from Kawhi. He's taking a meeting with the Lakers, sure, but he's also taking a meeting with the Clippers, and Toronto. Lakers can't offer him more cash than anywhere else can, and the allure of ''winning a ring with this superteam'' doesn't really work because Kawhi just won a ring with Toronto: they have more proof than LA does.

I'm not saying Kawhi won't go to LA. He might. I'm just saying that we shouldn't act like it's a done deal, because we have no reason to think that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Why is the writing on the wall?

We've had a lot of confirmed plans for Kyrie to Brooklyn, Kemba to Boston, Vucevic back to Orlando, etc. We've had nothing from Kawhi. He's taking a meeting with the Lakers, sure, but he's also taking a meeting with the Clippers, and Toronto. Lakers can't offer him more cash than anywhere else can, and the allure of ''winning a ring with this superteam'' doesn't really work because Kawhi just won a ring with Toronto: they have more proof than LA does.

I'm not saying Kawhi won't go to LA. He might. I'm just saying that we shouldn't act like it's a done deal, because we have no reason to think that.
    I like your optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I like your optimism.
    I'm putting a lot of trust in the pride of a man who laughs like an animatronic donkey, but I just don't feel it. I feel like he's gonna stay in Toronto. Could easily be wrong, no sources, nothing.

Just saw that the Lakers are trying to sign DeAndre Jordan?!?! Guess AD is super serious about not wanting to play center. What gives with this guy not wanting to play center? Weird. When you hear about best players of all time most say centers as their own category. You don’t hear who was the best power forward as much cause center is such dominant position. You are the size of a freaking center, so play the freaking position. He should be wanting to be put in the category with Wilt, Kareem, & Shaq as all time great Laker centers IMO

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Just saw that the Lakers are trying to sign DeAndre Jordan?!?! Guess AD is super serious about not wanting to play center. What gives with this guy not wanting to play center? Weird. When you hear about best players of all time most say centers as their own category. You don’t hear who was the best power forward as much cause center is such dominant position. You are the size of a freaking center, so play the freaking position. He should be wanting to be put in the category with Wilt, Kareem, & Shaq as all time great Laker centers IMO
    I don't know about you, but the debate over the best PF of all time is a pretty hot debate as far as I've seen. Duncan, Dirk, KG, Karl Malone, Barkley.

I agree that AD is totally capable of playing center, and might even be better suited to play that position in today's NBA. But let's not try and act like ''you don't hear who was the best power forward as much'', when that is a legit conversation people have all the time.

I don't know about you, but the debate over the best PF of all time is a pretty hot debate as far as I've seen. Duncan, Dirk, KG, Karl Malone, Barkley.

I agree that AD is totally capable of playing center, and might even be better suited to play that position in today's NBA. But let's not try and act like ''you don't hear who was the best power forward as much'', when that is a legit conversation people have all the time.
    Not as much as center or guard IMO. I don’t hear too many people saying “that team with all those great forwards they have had throughout the years”.

It’s either center/big man or guard/wing. At the end of his career, I think most will consider him a center even though he didn’t play that position full time. Unless he plays the rest of his career with legitimate centers like he did with Cousins here for just a short time. I think if Duncan hadn’t started his career with David Robinson and played with other legitimate centers most would list him as a center. When I type his name in google on my iPhone, it lists him as a center.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-28-2019 at 09:44 PM.

I guarantee it’s cause he knows he does not have a good shot at being the best center of all time, but he could be the best power forward of all time.

Which kind of proves my point lol

He wants to be on Mount Rushmore:

C: ??? Wilt, Russell, Shaq, Kareem
    PF: AD
    SF: LeBron
    SG: MJ
    PG: Magic

If he gets his rings he might just be up there IMO
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-28-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Damn. He got Khawi to sing.

It's game over man. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Damn. He got Khawi to sing.

It's game over man. Game over.
    I'm glad it's only Khawi though.

It would be a nightmare if it was Kawhi.

Since the Wizards were added to our trade, we don’t have to send them anything or get back something from them?? Or since it involves Lebron & the Lakers, the league will let it slide? lol

It is kind of funny that the one team we wanted to join the trade does, but we don’t get the player we wanted...lol
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-28-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Since the Wizards were added to our trade, we don’t have to send them anything or get back something from them?? Or since it involves Lebron & the Lakers, the league will let it slide? lol
    They sent us $1.1m in cash. That's enough to satisfy the league rules on contact between teams.

Did we trade Jrue to Lakers?

I'm glad it's only Khawi though.

It would be a nightmare if it was Kawhi.
    Yeah thats a clear sign you probably need a break from the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Yeah thats a clear sign you probably need a break from the internet.
    ''Make a joke about someone's typo? That's a clear sign you probably need a break from the internet.''

lol

Did we trade Jrue to Lakers?

Laker fans think they are getting Jrue now

Laker fans think they are getting Jrue now
    They're going to trade Kurt Rambis' glasses, Jeanie Buss' left leg, their 2000 championship, the Shaq statue, James Worthy's goggles, Kobe's good achilles and their 2038 first round pick for the rights to Jrue Holiday's headband.

Laker Fans already talking about getting Zion in 7 years. Don't mind them a thought.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    All I can say is I can’t wait for the night Zion, Jrue, Ingram, Ball, and Hart get a chance to rip the LAKERS apart. I really hope we sign Horford. He could really make this team so good. I want Zion and Horford out there. Getting Horford makes sense. He is a badass defender and just all around knows how to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information