Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Lakers have their 3rd man?

The Wizards are some punks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Eastern Conference punks to be precise.

It wouldn’t surprise me if most teams were blackballing the Lakers for a trade and Washington was THE team to ruin it all. Hopefully they don’t end up with Kawaii. I can live with virtually anyone else

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    We don’t have their draft pick next year, so I hope they win A LOT and flunk out in the playoffs.
    But we did get some dough . Not end of the world

Still trying to figure out why they did this. It actually costed those idiots cash. What the hell was in it for them?

What confuses me is how awful an agent Rich Paul clearly is.

''Hey AD, take this paycut of tens of millions of dollars to come play with Lebron in LA, who never takes a paycut for anything. Oh yeah, and waive your trade kicker so you lose another $4.4m to bail out the stupid team for their own stupidity. Ignore all the lost money that I, your agent, have cost you with my recommendations. You have an endorsement with Ruffles now.''
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Still trying to figure out why they did this. It actually costed those idiots cash. What the hell was in it for them?
    Couple of cheap young players when they're in an awful situation?

That's about it, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

''Hey AD, take this paycut of tens of millions of dollars to come play with Lebron in LA, who never takes a paycut for anything. Oh yeah, and waive your trade kicker so you lose another $4.4m to bail out the stupid team for their own stupidity. Ignore all the lost money that I, your agent, have cost you with my recommendations. You have an endorsement with Ruffles now.''
    I honestly don't think he will lose a dime of the $4 million. I would bet that he will be paid through his involvement in Space Jam 2 and/or some other Lebron production.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    They probably want Kawhi out of the eastern conference. I’m pretty sure the Lakers were virtually blacklisted by most teams for the shameless way Rich Paul handled the Anthony Davis trade situation. The Wizards did something really unforgivable here.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I honestly don't think he will lose a dime of the $4 million. I would bet that he will be paid through his involvement in Space Jam 2 and/or some other Lebron production.
    Sure, but in reality an agent who is working in your best financial interests would want you to have the $4.4m PLUS the Space Jam money. Not one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    They probably want Kawhi out of the eastern conference. I’m pretty sure the Lakers were virtually blacklisted by most teams for the shameless way Rich Paul handled the Anthony Davis trade situation. The Wizards did something really unforgivable here.
    The Wizards still don't have a GM.

They drafted Rui Hachimura with the 9th pick without even having called him on the phone beforehand. Rumour has it that they auto-drafted, using essentially a computer mock. Their acting executive had to ask Hachimura whether he could shoot at their press conference.

They're planning on trying to extend Beal despite their awful situation.

Wizards are in one of the worst positions in the league.

Couple of cheap young players when they're in an awful situation?

That's about it, tbh.
    What's the use of cheap young players when it cost you more money. Extremely unproven, unheralded players that only got some shine when nothing mattered. They could have gotten those bozos some other time and probably at lower cost at a later date. At least Christian Wood has summer league MVP on his belt.

The Wizards do have only a substitute GM right now. Why would they do anything in a situation like that?

It's all wierd. Morons.

The Wizards still don't have a GM.

They drafted Rui Hachimura with the 9th pick without even having called him on the phone beforehand. Rumour has it that they auto-drafted, using essentially a computer mock. Their acting executive had to ask Hachimura whether he could shoot at their press conference.

They're planning on trying to extend Beal despite their awful situation.

Wizards are in one of the worst positions in the league.
    The Lakers have absolutely no assets to give them, which makes this deal all the more ludicrous. It was one of those nudge nudge wink wink deals. The Wizards want one less superstar in the East

Sure, but in reality an agent who is working in your best financial interests would want you to have the $4.4m PLUS the Space Jam money. Not one or the other.
    Unless he suddenly got a $4 million raise (wink wink) on his Space Jam movie.

Unless he suddenly got a $4 million raise (wink wink) on his Space Jam movie.
    I'd say that the NBA would clearly see that as a tampering move to draw AD to LA since the trade isn't actually official yet, but that would require the league caring about the rules, which they obviously don't.

I'd say that the NBA would clearly see that as a tampering move to draw AD to LA since the trade isn't actually official yet, but that would require the league caring about the rules, which they obviously don't.
    Heck, if they cared, Lebron would not basically have his own agency (Klutch) negotiating with other players.

Heck, if they cared, Lebron would not basically have his own agency (Klutch) negotiating with other players.
    Yeah, surely it's conflict of interests to have a player pretty much own the management of other players.

But, as with all industries, if you're famous enough or powerful enough, you can pretty much do whatever you like.

Basketball Guru
    rich paul is about to talk all of the free agents thats on his roster to sign with the lakers for one year and promise them the big payday next summer lol......a couple of them will get traded or do buyouts to get on the lakers......

on christmas day we will be watching the klutch lakers VS new orleans pelicans lol....book it lol....

I think it’s better for the Lakers to sign another max player unless it’s Kawhi, but I don’t see him joining LeBron & AD with a terrible franchise at the moment. Their front office is a joke and had Magic leave over some email comments that those idiots copied him too. They couldn’t figure out who to hire as a coach and end up hiring a bunch of ex-head coaches. I don’t see that end up being nothing but total cluster....! Then if they do sign a max guy they will essentially have LeBron, AD, Kuzma, and maybe De’Angelo Russell if Kyrie goes to Brooklyn. They should sign a good shooting point guard over anything else. They should go after Kemba or Russell and not another alpha dog like Kawhi. Middleton would also be a good signing, but I think he wants to stay in Milwaukee.

If they were smart they would sign Rozier, Payton, or another second tier point guard. Then bring back Rondo on the minimum. Then sign JJ Redick or Danny Green for a shooter unless JR Smith is their guy which I hope lol. Then bring in another shooter that may take the minimum chasing a ring like Rudy Gay. Then bring in another vet like Jeff Green or Kenneth Faried.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they end up with Rondo, Gay, Pau Gasol, Farried, JR Smith, and any other old vet that’s made a good bit of money already and chasing a ring.

C: AD, Gasol
    PF: Kuzma, Farried
    SF: LeBron, Gay
    SG: Smith, Horton-Tucker
    PG: DLo, Rondo

Old but not a bad roster IMO. Doubt they could even afford that tho. They will likely have to have two young minimum guys in their rotation. They probably bring back McGee and /or Tyson Chandler instead of Gasol.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-27-2019 at 10:16 PM.

Looks like the Clippers dream of Leonard could be derailed.

Danny Ferry still interim GM for Wiz?

I'm sure their heads are filled with easy championships. Which leads to more movie deals and endorsements all the way through retirement. So they are selling AD on sacrificing cash now for continued dividends after they win. Which will work......unless one of us (teams) stop then from ever winning.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I'm sure their heads are filled with easy championships. Which leads to more movie deals and endorsements all the way through retirement. So they are selling AD on sacrificing cash now for continued dividends after they win. Which will work......unless one of us (teams) stop then from ever winning.
    It's just kind of absurd. I think that if anyone ever doubted it, then this entire debacle has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Rich Paul is Lebron's agent first. Everyone else is secondary, and their needs are decided upon by Rich Paul if and when he feels they best fit Lebron.

By my count, AD has declined upwards of $45m up until this point. It might end up being north of $80 before it's said and done. As Shaq said, he is getting horrible advice. "He'll never be able to make that up regardless of whatever Rich Paul tells him" - paraphrasing Shaq.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    How about winning championships AND getting movie deals and endorsements. He has a potato chip gig now. Oooo wow, that's worth what? $500k maybe? That SpaceJam movie? Sure, he will get paid but can you actually see AD saying more than three words in it? Sounds like sour grapes for me, but it's just poor business leaving multiple millions on the table.

Thread Information