Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Houston eyeing Butler?

I would give them the Cavs protected 1st and one of the 2nd we got from the Warriors for Capela and Tucker.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Screen-Shot-2019-06-26-at-10-17-15-PM
    ................ No.... Morey would be smokin that good good

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    the warriors was the team that Houston couldn't beat...GS wont be a problem for Houston this season coming...butler was the second best player on philly during the playoffs so if Houston can get him, he will replace cp3 offensive production and may get them to the title game this season coming....question is will the 76ers do a sign and trade to help Houston sign him...
    Exactly what I have been saying.. People over react so much when a team loses in the playoffs as if it’s time to just blow it up. Houston obviously needs a couple of changes but it’s not some impossible task for them to be one of the best teams in the NBA and have a real path to the Finals with the Warriors now out. If they can figure out a way to land butler then this team really has a chance. I think Capella is ready for a bounce back season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Exactly what I have been saying.. People over react so much when a team loses in the playoffs as if it’s time to just blow it up. Houston obviously needs a couple of changes but it’s not some impossible task for them to be one of the best teams in the NBA and have a real path to the Finals with the Warriors now out. If they can figure out a way to land butler then this team really has a chance. I think Capella is ready for a bounce back season as well.
    Umm, it might be if the Lakers really do get Kawhi...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'll believe Kawhi goes to the Lakers when he signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Yeah, it's just not realistic, I think, for Kawhi to go there.

Butler, I can see. I don't believe it, but I can see it: he's never won anything, he's already team-hopped a little, he wants to win a ring and he may see that core as being able to help him reach that point. D-Lo, I can see it possibly as well, given that he's already been a Laker and the fans there were devastated when he left. Well, when he left and broke out. They didn't really care about him leaving day one.

Same thing with Kemba, I can see him taking the max there to try and get a ring as he enters his 30s, and I can even see a desperate Kyrie running back to Lebron if DJ to Brooklyn doesn't work out, or if he thinks KD would not go.

But Kawhi? Why would he need to do that? He could get way more money staying in Toronto, and he just won a championship there. He's a 2x finals MVP, he doesn't need anyone to carry him, and from all the signs we've had he doesn't really want to be anyone's sidekick either. If he goes to California, it will be to the Clippers imo, he's not going to go play 3rd man at this point in his career. He has nothing to prove that way.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshinePumper View Post
    Umm, it might be if the Lakers really do get Kawhi...
    So should they sit on their hands and not try to land Butler? The West is wide open next year and if the Rockets land Butler they are a very serious contender.

Houston eyeing Butler?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Butler, I can see. I don't believe it, but I can see it: he's never won anything, he's already team-hopped a little, he wants to win a ring and he may see that core as being able to help him reach that point. D-Lo, I can see it possibly as well, given that he's already been a Laker and the fans there were devastated when he left. Well, when he left and broke out. They didn't really care about him leaving day one.

Same thing with Kemba, I can see him taking the max there to try and get a ring as he enters his 30s, and I can even see a desperate Kyrie running back to Lebron if DJ to Brooklyn doesn't work out, or if he thinks KD would not go.

But Kawhi? Why would he need to do that? He could get way more money staying in Toronto, and he just won a championship there. He's a 2x finals MVP, he doesn't need anyone to carry him, and from all the signs we've had he doesn't really want to be anyone's sidekick either. If he goes to California, it will be to the Clippers imo, he's not going to go play 3rd man at this point in his career. He has nothing to prove that way.
    I agree. If Kawhi goes to the Lakers then he goes from having a possibility to being the greatest or second or third best of all time to MJ and Lebron.... to maybe in the conversation of top 10-20.

If he joins a super team then his legacy is tarnished no matter how many more final mvps he wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

I hope you're right, because AD and Kawhi long term on the Lake Show spells doom for our Laker picks

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

I don’t see anyway Kawhi signs with the Lakers. Just makes very little sense imo. I see him going somewhere like the Clippers and taking on the Lakers if anything. I think the realistic candidates for the Lakers are DLo, Kyrie, and Kemba. I saw a video of DLo in the past being asked if he could be in a starting 5 with any 4 NBA players in the history of the NBA who would it be.. AD and Lebron were 2 players he said would be his ideal teammates. Magic Johnson was the one who made the decision to get rid of DLo and now he is gone so this would make a lot of sense. I have a feeling he will cost the max or very close if the Lakers want a real shot at landing him. I hope they don’t cause that team will be dangerous. Lebron/AD/DLo/Kuzma is a very good core 4 that will have lots of rings chasers signing on for cheap like Korver/Crawford/JR and a few other solid vets that make a lot of sense on a minimum deal. Even though Kawhi is in my top 3 favorite players and imo arguably the best in the NBA isn’t an ideal fit with their current roster and the Lakers need to pursue a guard who can score and hit 3s. Obviously landing Kawhi makes them very dangerous but I think someone like DLo is a better fit for what they need.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 06-28-2019 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I hope you're right, because AD and Kawhi long term on the Lake Show spells doom for our Laker picks
    I'm not so sure about that, to be honest. If they sign Kawhi to the max, they're talking $32m a year, obviously increasing.

Lebron's already on $36m a year, increasing, and his deal takes him until 2021-22.

AD is going to sign next year for a contract in the region of $32m, again, increasing.

They'll have basically $100m guaranteed to those three guys, with the money increasing every year. Does a team of AD, 36/37 year old Lebron, and Kawhi Leonard alongside 12 G-League players win that much? I'm not sure. And Lebron's deal takes him until 2021-22, so that's at least the first of their first rounders being impacted by his age and his contract. It's also the most valuable first rounder (imo) because it gives us a pick in the 2021 draft, which is projected to be very good (I think Cade Cunningham is in that year? Not sure, he may be 2020), and if not the 2022 draft which is the double draft.

So it could still work out okay. I agree though that it wouldn't be preferable.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 06-28-2019 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I agree. If Kawhi goes to the Lakers then he goes from having a possibility to being the greatest or second or third best of all time to MJ and Lebron.... to maybe in the conversation of top 10-20.

If he joins a super team then his legacy is tarnished no matter how many more final mvps he wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely agree! I think he is fully aware of this as well. IMO Kawhi will resign with the Raptors who have a great group of players around him and can be successful for a long time. A duo of Kawhi and Pascal is 2 players that give you a solid foundation they can build around. Lowry and Ibaka have at least 2+ years left in them maintaining there level of play. I think Kawhi wants to see what it’s like to be courted as the best player which is something he has never experienced even entering college. If it’s not the Raptors I thinks it’s the Clippers but you never know! Like you said it would tarnish what he has done by many and something I just don’t see in husband DNA.

Just saw that we considered trading the 4th pick for Capela. Glad we didn’t do that cause I much rather a guy with his potential in Hayes, NAW, Didi(we probably would of taken him at 39 tho), getting rid of Solo, and getting a highly protected Cavs 1st.

Kawhi is either going to the Clippers or staying in Toronto. I don’t see him wanting to join Lebron & AD. If he wants to go back home that bad the Clippers will be the spot. He should tell Cousins to come there, so they can battle LeBron & AD. Kawhi, Cousins, SGA, Gallinari, Shamet, & Lou Williams versus Lebron, AD, DLo, Kuzma, and a couple minimum vets like Rondo, Korver, & JR.

C: Cousins
    PF: Gallinari, Harrell
    SF: Kawhi
    SG: Shamet, Lou
    PG: SGA

Not a bad little squad.

A Cousins/Gallinari big man tandem would be so disastrous on defence haha

They would get absolutely shredded.

Nah Kawhi can guard the better of the forwards with Gallinari on the weaker of the two IMO. And if both forwards are beasts you start Harrell with Gallinari coming off the bench against weaker competition
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-28-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Thread Information