Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Pelicans preparing an offer for Hortford .

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

In Horford’s defense, unless he declines horribly this year, he would be the perfect 2 year signing at Center. We need to keep our options open for future FA

Good for them. I like Horford as a player and fit, but I would prefer not to go overboard with paying him, particularly for potentially extended years. If we get him, I'll be happy, but if he ends up in Sacramento on a 4 year deal then I'm not going to be upset. That 4th year is a killer.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Good for them. I like Horford as a player and fit, but I would prefer not to go overboard with paying him, particularly for potentially extended years. If we get him, I'll be happy, but if he ends up in Sacramento on a 4 year deal then I'm not going to be upset. That 4th year is a killer.
    I liked the fit on Pelicans, and would have been cool with the signing. I wasn't remotely concerned about the 4 years, but I'm also not even close to being disappointed if we don't get him. If we're trying to play faster than any team has ever played, Horford wasn't the perfect fit. In the half court, he was a A+ fit, but much less than ideal in transition.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

That means they passed on Dedmon?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Stein is all over the place. He has shown that he is just trying to guess at things rather than having true sources.
    MM was trolling yesterday. I fell for it too

Now he knows he was wrong

We have a group of "capable" bigs on the roster that can get us through the season. We could use a true stretch big but no need in overspending on anyone. We're setup with a roster full of young guys that will need to learn how to play with one another, and we might even shock a few people this year. Would a stretch big put us in contention for a title run? Serious question.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Now he knows he was wrong

I can’t help but feel sorry for him there. Poor guy. Hedged his bets and made a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    We have a group of "capable" bigs on the roster that can get us through the season. We could use a true stretch big but no need in overspending on anyone. We're setup with a roster full of young guys that will need to learn how to play with one another, and we might even shock a few people this year. Would a stretch big put us in contention for a title run? Serious question.
    It’s a good question. We haven’t seen a lick of this roster yet, so there is no possible way of knowing. They are all very young too, so going all in this early is riskier than a night with Paris Hilton

That's hot.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

horford is so well thought of around the league that if he does sign with a team like us, it's probably going to be for 4 years just because that's what it's going to take. Obviously given his age 2 or 3 is preferable, but I don't think we are going to get him unless it's 4. Think it is more likely than not that whoever signs him(and my money is not us, which Im ok with) has to give him the 4th year

Thread Information