Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans preparing an offer for Hortford .

Quote Originally Posted by PelDave View Post
    What will OKC want for Adams or better yet, what are the Pels willing to give up for Adams?
    The theoretical scenario is one in which OKC are desperate to avoid as much luxury tax as possible (which seems at least plausible, because they are reported to be shopping Adams, Schroder, and Roberson), and would be potentially willing to take back just a straight trade for a player of much lower salary. I think they might be interested in Moore because he would save them $17m this season and he's expiring, whereas Adams has another $25m next season left on his deal. Moore is also a shooter, which OKC is desperate for.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The theoretical scenario is one in which OKC are desperate to avoid as much luxury tax as possible (which seems at least plausible, because they are reported to be shopping Adams, Schroder, and Roberson), and would be potentially willing to take back just a straight trade for a player of much lower salary. I think they might be interested in Moore because he would save them $17m this season and he's expiring, whereas Adams has another $25m next season left on his deal. Moore is also a shooter, which OKC is desperate for.
    Adams contacts is way too big with 2 years of 25m each and not a stretch big so im out on him. Schroder is a subpar shooter with 2 years of 15m left on his contract...nahh. Last but not least is Roberson who has a bum knee, unable to score points, and owed 10m next season...so im out on him. So many better choices...its good to not be desperate. I think if anything we may want to consider that 1st round pick they have from the 76ers if they wanted to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    Adams contacts is way too big with 2 years of 25m each and not a stretch big so im out on him. Schroder is a subpar shooter with 2 years of 15m left on his contract...nahh. Last but not least is Roberson who has a bum knee, unable to score points, and owed 10m next season...so im out on him. So many better choices...its good to not be desperate. I think if anything we may want to consider that 1st round pick they have from the 76ers if they wanted to talk.
    I'm not interested in either Roberson or Schroder.

Adams isn't a stretch big, true, but if you're going the ''take salary dumps in exchange for picks'' route, he's a very good player. He plays fantastic fundamental basketball, passes well, sets bone-crushing screens, boxes out properly, can defend down (not down to guards, but he can play some smaller guys, 6'6 and up really) acceptably well, and is used to playing in a running team (OKC was 6th in pace last season). He would be a fantastic mentor for Hayes in the big man fundamentals, is a great locker-room guy by all accounts, and while his contract is very large it will be an expiring the season after this one. We don't really need cap space for the 2020 summer because there are almost no good free agents that year. What is important is that it expires the summer of 2021, which is the year with a ton of high quality talent hitting the market.

You might even be able to get a top 15 protected first round pick from OKC for it as well, which is cool.

I'm not interested in either Roberson or Schroder.

Adams isn't a stretch big, true, but if you're going the ''take salary dumps in exchange for picks'' route, he's a very good player. He plays fantastic fundamental basketball, passes well, sets bone-crushing screens, boxes out properly, can defend down (not down to guards, but he can play some smaller guys, 6'6 and up really) acceptably well, and is used to playing in a running team (OKC was 6th in pace last season). He would be a fantastic mentor for Hayes in the big man fundamentals, is a great locker-room guy by all accounts, and while his contract is very large it will be an expiring the season after this one. We don't really need cap space for the 2020 summer because there are almost no good free agents that year. What is important is that it expires the summer of 2021, which is the year with a ton of high quality talent hitting the market.

You might even be able to get a top 15 protected first round pick from OKC for it as well, which is cool.
    Yea he is a solid but seems that 1st round pick would have to be in the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    Yea he is a solid but seems that 1st round pick would have to be in the conversation.
    Would we be getting that pick or giving it away?

I would prefer Adams for 2 years than Horford for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Getting it. We'd be taking on a bunch of salary for OKC and giving them the cheap shooter they want. In return, they give us their FRP for 2020. They can protect it if they want, since they're likely to be a 40 win team even without Adams, since they have Westbrook and PG13, as well as a few other decent roleplayers.

Getting it. We'd be taking on a bunch of salary for OKC and giving them the cheap shooter they want. In return, they give us their FRP for 2020. They can protect it if they want, since they're likely to be a 40 win team even without Adams, since they have Westbrook and PG13, as well as a few other decent roleplayers.
    I would like that move. We would be great defensively

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    getting of course. If you think about it we are doing them a favor as they need to clear the cap space. Statistically speaking a player for player trade should be near even with the pick being the cherry to make the trade happen as we really don't need to do that trade.

I answered to this thread and Marc Gasol's one, but my posts appear to be missing...

Well... I'd rather have Horford than any other free agent. Adams is a very good option too. But I think the possibility of Zion (and a lesser extent, Okafor) improving his skillset with the mold of a player as Horford worth our capspace. We are not a top free agency destination and a declining contract could work to allow resign the young players when they end their rookie contracts.

I would really prefer a favors or Adams trade. I like both those options.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Now he has discovered America (or I guess in English it's better to say captain obvious)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Signing Horford would be an A plus. 5 time all star. Elite defender. Elite bbiq. Experienced veteran leader. Can do it all. It’s nothing like what Demps did. Demps didn’t sign a 5 time all star. Demps gave all our picks away. Griffin has a war chest of assets and decent cap space. It’s a home run if we get Horford. We will likely make the playoffs and anything can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Signing Horford would be an A plus. 5 time all star. Elite defender. Elite bbiq. Experienced veteran leader. Can do it all. It’s nothing like what Demps did. Demps didn’t sign a 5 time all star. Demps gave all our picks away. Griffin has a war chest of assets and decent cap space. It’s a home run if we get Horford. We will likely make the playoffs and anything can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heck, who knows maybe he likes the vibe coming out of Airline Drive. Signs a decent two or three year deal? I wouldn't put anything past Griffin and his wizardry ways.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Looks like we backed off

Where's he going then?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Where's he going then?
    I am betting Mavericks if they have the money. Clippers if they cant lock up 2 all stars.

Yes someone just told me on Twitter that Horford is 33 & doesn’t fit our timeline. Our timeline? We have no idea if this team constructed will even look the same next year. It for sure won’t look the same in 2021 when Ball & Jrue likely come of the books. Our timeline is now! That timeline stuff will get you fired or have your top player demanding for a trade. I want to win this year and if we sign Horford I think we will be an extremely dangerous team next season with a likely playoff bid. I know his age isn’t the greatest, but it’s not like he’s pushing 40. He hasn’t dealt with too many injuries in his career and seems to really take care of his body. The iron is hot right now for this franchise and we need to strike while it’s there. Having a player like Zion joining your franchise is a huge deal and will attract big time talent IMO.

I’m sure if we had room during AD’s first year, we could of added a big time talent. Ryan Anderson was brought in with AD and he wasn’t an All Star for sure. They played the same position for crying out loud. He was decent, but not an Al Horford. Then we got Tyreke who also wasn’t an All Star either and couldn’t make a layup. And then the best free agent Dell brought in, Ömer Asik baby! The trade for Jrue, the Cousins rental, and trading for Niko was the only decent moves Dell made. None really came via free agency besides Ryno and that was even a sign & trade lol.

Really? Stein has been all over the place with Horford and us though. First he said we were not interested and then he said we were seriously interested.

I just don’t see how the Mavs can sign him unless they stretch Courtney Lee which I’m sure they gonna do if they can’t trade him. With Doncic, Porzingis(I guess they resign), & Hardaway Jr, they ought to go after a point guard. I would try to bring De’Andre Jordan back and sign Ricky Rubio instead of just Horford. Not sure they could get them both either. A Doncic, Porzingis, Rubio squad would be fun to watch though and I’m sure Cuban would love it

It would have to be the Clippers, Mavs, Knicks, or Nets unless the Blazers or Spurs are a surprise team that has the money?? Who knows what’s gonna happen with the Clippers, Knicks, & Nets. We need to find out where KD & Kawhi are going
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-29-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Where's he going then?
    If not the Pelicans, my guess would be Sacramento.

Thread Information