Pelicans Report

Thread: Julius Randle...?

Julius Randle...?

Any chance we can bring him back? Do we still want him? Does it make sense? Some one more familiar with the numbers please chime in.
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Yes we bring him back! Thanks for asking!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sting View Post
    Any chance we can bring him back? Do we still want him? Does it make sense? Some one more familiar with the numbers please chime in.
    Probably not as he will get too expensive. He is also too ball dominant and sucks on defense. People say offensively he has a similar style to Zion and it is not needed but I actually wouldn’t mind having two bullies attacking the rim

I think he would be great to bring back as a 6th guy scorer big off the bench but I imagine he envisions himself a starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not gonna be mad if we bring him back, but he has some bad on-court habits that I don't want Zion picking up since they have similar playing styles. Also think there are better fits out there for the price he is likely to command.

https://medium.com/@ericspyros/the-c...e-27fa9c717b42

I found this article interesting. I am by no means suggesting we re-sign Randle, but with the current crop of defensive players that we have, he could be quite effective at the 5. If Randle was an elite 3 ball shooter as well as an interior force on offense, I’d be very willing to experiment with a Zion/Randle lineup. Since he is not, I’m not sure having both of them at the same time will be beneficial to Zion’s development, so I’d pass pretty heavily on bringing him back.

Not really interested in having Randle back, to be honest. If I've said it once, I've said it 100 times, and that's that while Randle is, legitimately, a top tier inside scorer, that's about all he is. Not a great passer, not a great shooter (although he's decent there, now), and an absolutely horrendous defender.

With all the money floating around the market this off-season, Randle is going to get an offer upwards of 4 years $80m, and frankly I'm not interested in paying him anything like that given that we've got Zion for almost literally half that price for the next four years, who promises to be better at pretty much everything.
    Basketball.

Randle has a very good reputation around the league from other fans. He will get paid handsomely.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Randle has a very good reputation around the league from other fans. He will get paid handsomely.
    He deserves it too, he seems like a good guy and there are a lot of teams who could use a dude who just forces buckets when they need it. We just aren't that team, I think.

not really interested in randle. He's going to be too much like zion imo in terms of role and usage and wouldn't want to do anything to stunt that development. And he isn't an excellent shooter, which is what we need now.

Am hopeful that we bring in someone for this upcoming year to improve our team, but Randle not the ideal fit

Thanks guys. I was asking because he seems to be a really dynamic scorer, but he also may be missing some qualities to make him an everyday starter. I was wondering if he was a good fit considering the economics.

Dedmon would be an excellent replacement. Matter of fact if the team can find two Dedmonds would be ideal. Let Hayes sit and learn this year.

I'm not as much worried about Randle on defense because with Jrue, Lonzo, and Zion I think the other two players almost don't matter. We'll be a good defensive team with almost anyone plugged into the other two spots.

My issue with Randle is that I don't want to run two guys who would both be undersized for a center as my starting bigs. Zion really does make Randle replaceable because he's basically Randle with way more athletic ability and better handles, passing already. Randle should be able to get starter money from some team and while I think he's a good backup that could slide right into Zion's spot I don't want to tie that much money up into a backup, not when there are better fits out there.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Randle has earned a decent pay day and time as a starter. I don't see him getting those minutes here. I think he would be better off going somewhere else.

Thread Information