Pelicans Report

Thread: Should we give Isaiah Thomas a look?

Should we give Isaiah Thomas a look?

He was averaging impressive numbers before injury.

No.

You say ''he was averaging impressive numbers before the injury'', sure, but that was two full seasons ago. He's been absolutely woeful on all three teams he's played on since, and he wasn't that fantastic before that one breakout year in Boston. He was good before then, but not great.

Really, that one year was an outlier. Before it, he averaged 17/5 on his career, after it, 13/4. He's undersized and you have to hide him on defense. Not interested at all.
    Basketball.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! Burn this thread with fire.

I say sure, for the league minimum.

I mean, as a spark plug scorer off the bench for 15-20 min a game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Saints#34 View Post
    I mean, as a spark plug scorer off the bench for 15-20 min a game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Except he can't score anymore and has no spark. Only played 44 games in the last two years, and in them averaged 13 points on 36% from the floor and 29% from three. Just god awful efficiency. He only played 23 minutes a game too, so to chuck up 12 shots in that time is astounding, dude was just throwing things at the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Except he can't score anymore and has no spark. Only played 44 games in the last two years, and in them averaged 13 points on 36% from the floor and 29% from three. Just god awful efficiency. He only played 23 minutes a game too, so to chuck up 12 shots in that time is astounding, dude was just throwing things at the rim.
    He thought he was playing horseshoes

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post

He was averaging impressive numbers before injury.
    Why?

The biggest stat that sticks out for me is his FG% and 3P% have been diminishing for some time. You can also look at his games started and games played and see tremendous flux. He is a 30 year old 5'9" PG that has seen his best days. He may be a good fit elsewhere but just can't see him coming in and making any real difference. Besides all that...there are a ton of guards available we can get that have more consistent numbers and would be a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    How do you know that? Sure he is small. So was Iverson. He has had brutal injury but you can’t say he is done. It takes time for a full hip heel. He could be back to full potential this season.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 06-26-2019 at 08:57 PM.

How do you know that? Sure he is small. So was Iverson. He has had brutal injury but you can’t say he is done.
    I never mentioned his height. Literally not once in that post you're responding to.

He has played 44 total games across three teams in the last two years. He has averaged poor numbers on garbage efficiency all over the court in that time. He could NEVER defend, but he made up for it by being able to score at a very high level, and now he can't score so his bottom tier garbage defense becomes even more disgusting. All of that is true whether he's 5'9 or 6'10.

Edit: Also, don't compare Isaiah Thomas to Iverson. Iverson was unique and one of a kind. Maybe when Isaiah Thomas has a 670 game stretch of averaging 29ppg, we can give him Allen Iverson lee-way, until then, nah.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 06-26-2019 at 09:07 PM.

How do you know that? Sure he is small. So was Iverson. He has had brutal injury but you can’t say he is done. It takes time for a full hip heel. He could be back to full potential this season.
    Question is it really worth the risk? Naaa...there are other guards we can get that are younger and healthier or older and more consistent. We are in a position to be picky, why not be.

Thread Information