Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Houston eyeing Butler?

Houston eyeing Butler?

Per Wojo

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...n-trade-butler

They are looking for a third team in a trade.

Haha. Yeah I bet they are. "please take 1 Chris Paul and his terrible contract so we can replace him with butler".

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Haha. Yeah I bet they are. "please take 1 Chris Paul and his terrible contract so we can replace him with butler".
    They are not trading Chris Paul

Once free agency starts on Sunday, the Rockets are planning to recruit Jimmy Butler to push the Philadelphia 76ers for a sign-and-trade deal that would allow the All-Star forward to join James Harden and Chris Paul in Houston, league sources tell ESPN.
    Eric Gordon & Clint Capella might be the odd man out.

They aren't trading CP3 because he has the worst contract in the entire league and even with nearly half a billion dollars in cap space no one wants him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    When Griff offers to help facilitate and gets a 2023 and a 2025 1st for taking on Capella/Gordon...

Good, I hope he goes there, one more player the lakers want and miss out on

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Good, I hope he goes there, one more player the lakers want and miss out on
    I would prefer if he stayed in the east

I might be interested. We could take on Capella who is locked up until through the 22-23 season (about 18.6MM per year) and take on the final year of Gordon ($14MM+). I would try to move Gordon on secondary deal or assign him to Erie for the season (LOL). I don't want him to be any part of the new locker room.

Philly takes back Moore and Houston takes back Bertans

Our center position will be set for the next four years as we groom Hayes to take over.
    Last edited by As I See It; 06-25-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I might be interested. We could take on Capella who is locked up until through the 22-23 season (about 18.6MM per year) and take on the final year of Gordon ($14MM+). I would try to move Gordon on secondary deal or assign him to Erie for the season (LOL). I don't want him to be any part of the new locker room.

Philly takes back Moore and Houston takes back Bertans

Our center position will be set for the next four years as we groom Hayes to take over.
    And you know, I wouldn't feel bad about screwing EG10 over and making him come back to NOLA for awhile. Even if we did move him afterwards. it would be nice to make him sweat it a little.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    And you know, I wouldn't feel bad about screwing EG10 over and making him come back to NOLA for awhile. Even if we did move him afterwards. it would be nice to make him sweat it a little.
    Don't make me sick.
    Basketball.

Philly might want Tucker too.

Basketball Guru
    the warriors was the team that Houston couldn't beat...GS wont be a problem for Houston this season coming...butler was the second best player on philly during the playoffs so if Houston can get him, he will replace cp3 offensive production and may get them to the title game this season coming....question is will the 76ers do a sign and trade to help Houston sign him...

Will be funny to watch Butler at 3rd man when he wants to be 1st man. LOL

Speaking of GS...

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    Speaking of GS...

Whoever signs him is going have to wait a year and hope he is the same Durant before the injury

Tucker isn't a bad veteran option as a back up SF/PF. Shoots 37% from three and is a decent rebounder. Two years left on his deal at around $8 million per. Seems like Houston thinks it's getting assets back. I might consider some of our 2nd rounders in a deal for Capela and/or Tucker but nothing more. Don't know how many bidders there would be to take those deals off their books. Gordon...no thanks. Been there, done that...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Lmfaoooooooo. If Paul and Harden are fighting against each other, can you imagine what the presence of Butler does?

I would send the Rockets a 1st rounder for Capela since we have so many as it is. I would hate to make room for a division rival, so they could sign a max player though. But losing Capela would be a huge blow to that team. A lot of people compared Hayes to Capela. A Capela/Hayes center combo would be sweet for the next 4 years.

C: Capela, Okafor, Wood
    PF: Zion, Hayes (play the 4 this year till Okafor moves on next season)
    SF: Ingram, Hart
    SG: Jrue, Moore
    PG: Ball, NAW, Jackson

I would like to keep Moore if we plan on making a playoff push. We need some vets on this team and he’s on a good number for this year at ~$8 mil. We could finally have him as our 6th man off the bench instead of a 3rd starting guard. Then we could sign a decent point guard since Capela’s contract isn’t outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I would send the Rockets a 1st rounder for Capela since we have so many as it is. I would hate to make room for a division rival, so they could sign a max player though. But losing Capela would be a huge blow to that team. A lot of people compared Hayes to Capela. A Capela/Hayes center combo would be sweet for the next 4 years.

I would like to keep Moore if we plan on making a playoff push. We need some vets on this team and he’s on a good number for this year at ~$8 mil. We could finally have him as our 6th man off the bench instead of a 3rd starting guard. Then we could sign a decent point guard since Capela’s contract isn’t outrageous.
    That's not a good idea, I think. Houston is desperate to get rid of some salary if they want to bring in somebody else, if anything they should be attaching assets to get off Capela's contract, not taking them back. It's a bad contract. It's $16.5m next year rising to $19m in its final year in 2023. That's long term money to attach to a very limited player, and while he's not old he's shown very little in terms of improving his game. He's a rim runner, and a rim protector. That's it. You don't pay damn near $20m per for a guy who can't even hit a FT line jumper in 2019, especially when his contract extends until 2023.

And you damn sure don't give AWAY a first to do it. When you take on a terrible contract, you do it to help the other team, and your reward for helping them out is assets. You don't take back the terrible contract AND give away the assets. That's called getting robbed.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Lmfaoooooooo. If Paul and Harden are fighting against each other, can you imagine what the presence of Butler does?
    Especially with Butler's history of calling out teammates publicly that aren't pulling their weight defensively. It would be must see TV!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

That's a Dell move. Look where that brought us. A first round pick is a valuable commodity. Let's treat it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    That's a Dell move. Look where that brought us. A first round pick is a valuable commodity. Let's treat it as such.
    Exactly. Don't get me wrong, you don't wanna be Danny Ainge. There are times when giving up a first is worth it.

Those times do not include ''taking on a four year salary dump from a team in your division, allowing them to sign another max superstar, and the salary dumped player doesn't even really help your fit''.

I'm glad this guy isn't in charge.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Screen-Shot-2019-06-26-at-10-17-15-PM

Thread Information