Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans will regret not drafting...

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Jimmer
    /End thread.
    Basketball.

Jimmer

Lol. 4 years at BYU. Confidence shakey. Darius played 5 games, came out and has Rich Paul.

Tell me which player knows they are going to kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post
    Lol. 4 years at BYU. Confidence shakey. Darius played 5 games, came out and has Rich Paul.

Tell me which player knows they are going to kill?
    ''and has Rich Paul.''

You let me know when Rich Paul can help him on defense. Will it be when Rich Paul gets around to helping Ben Simmons develop a jump shot? Since apparently him being your agent fixes the holes in your performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    ''and has Rich Paul.''

You let me know when Rich Paul can help him on defense. Will it be when Rich Paul gets around to helping Ben Simmons develop a jump shot? Since apparently him being your agent fixes the holes in your performance.
    Lol your ego with take a blow and I can already tell you’re hedging even in your writing formula...cushioning yourself to be wrong and fall on a “we never said he was a bad shooter!”

You using Ben Simmons as this inadequate choice on the Star/Bust see-saw is still absurd because despite his flaws, he’s still an Allstar. You take Ben Simmons in a draft!

Darius Garland IS AN AMAZING SHOOTER. Pure shooter! Griffin should have taken him. ,

Lol your ego with take a blow and I can already tell you’re hedging even in your writing formula...cushioning yourself to be wrong and fall on a “we never said he was a bad shooter!”

You using Ben Simmons as this inadequate choice on the Star/Bust see-saw is still absurd because despite his flaws, he’s still an Allstar. You take Ben Simmons in a draft!

Darius Garland IS AN AMAZING SHOOTER. Pure shooter! Griffin should have taken him. ,
    You say I'm hedging.

Tell me where I ever, EVER, denied he was a capable shooter?

My ego is totally fine. MSU and Three will probably tell you that it's a little too fine, sometimes. Like I said, my issues with Garland are simple. He doesn't care about passing, he's not that good at it when he tries, and he is an absolute non-factor on defense. That was all true yesterday, it will be true tomorrow, and I think that if it ever changes, it won't be for several years.

You say I'm hedging.

Tell me where I ever, EVER, denied he was a capable shooter?

My ego is totally fine. MSU and Three will probably tell you that it's a little too fine, sometimes. Like I said, my issues with Garland are simple. He doesn't care about passing, he's not that good at it when he tries, and he is an absolute non-factor on defense. That was all true yesterday, it will be true tomorrow, and I think that if it ever changes, it won't be for several years.
    And when you wake up and realize the NBA is about talent and you can still be an allstar in the league with flaws because something you may do is above and beyond other players and THEY HAVE THE CONFIDENCE AND KNOW IT, bump this thread.

Some players just got it. Darius is one of them.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Nope, I’m not Darius.
    Nope, not bitter fan or sticking it to anyone.

When players come along and know how to shoot that compact and fluid with a better than average handle AT 18-19 years old, you take them!

Steph, KD, Klay, Ray, etc...Find me a player with an amazing shooting form that wasn’t worth a top 5 pick with high FG% from 2 and 3 in college that wasn’t a star! Find one!

Then actually understand and look at the idea that there could be an argument that Darius at point might have the greatest shooting form ever...who I don’t care how small the sample size is PERFORMED WITH HIGH SHOOTING PERCENTAGES and then you will come back to this thread in December and January and say “hey...yeaa...guy was right”.
    Ben McLemore

Ben McLemore

Nope, I’m not Darius.

When players come along and know how to shoot that compact and fluid with a better than average handle AT 18-19 years old, you take them!

Steph, KD, Klay, Ray, etc...Find me a player with an amazing shooting form that wasn’t worth a top 5 pick with high FG% from 2 and 3 in college that wasn’t a star! Find one!

Then actually understand and look at the idea that there could be an argument that Darius at point might have the greatest shooting form ever...who I don’t care how small the sample size is PERFORMED WITH HIGH SHOOTING PERCENTAGES and then you will come back to this thread in December and January and say “hey...yeaa...guy was right”.
    Jonny Flynn

Nope, I’m not Darius.

Markelle Fultz

Nope, I’m not Darius.

Trey Burke

Nope, I’m not Darius.

OJ Mayo

Username checks out

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Username checks out
    Nah, it has far too many W's.

Nope, I’m not Darius.

Nik Stuaskas

Nope. None of those players were made to shoot like Darius. None of them have his pure stroke.

The number of players you post is the number of apologies I’d like in December.

Nope, I’m not Darius.

DJ Augustin

None of them have his pure stroke.
    I'm convinced you don't know what an optimal shooting stroke looks like.

Nope. None of those players were made to shoot like Darius. None of them have his pure stroke.

The number of players you post is the number of apologies I’d like in December.
    You can have my apology today.

Get some foil, a sharpie, some olive oil.

Wrap the apology up nice and tight. Write December on it. Smear it with olive oil, turn it sideways...

I'm convinced you don't know what an optimal shooting stroke looks like.
    Then let Darius be the judgement of who does, you or me. I’m totally fine with that.

Then let Darius be the judgement of who does, you or me. I’m totally fine with that.
    That makes no sense, because I have said, repeatedly, that Darius is a good shooter. The fact that his shooting form and stroke is not perfect does not change the fact that the shot goes in. Shawn Marion's stroke and form was completely mutant but it went in.

You appear to have not only completely misunderstood the content of my critique, but also reversed it, such that you think I'm saying the opposite of what I am. That's actually impressive in a very weird, kind of absurd way.

That makes no sense, because I have said, repeatedly, that Darius is a good shooter. The fact that his shooting form and stroke is not perfect does not change the fact that the shot goes in. Shawn Marion's stroke and form was completely mutant but it went in.

You appear to have not only completely misunderstood the content of my critique, but also reversed it, such that you think I'm saying the opposite of what I am. That's actually impressive in a very weird, kind of absurd way.
    No, you’re either hedging or you’re really good at purposely avoiding the foundation of an argument...

Griffin should have drafted Darius. You’re critique broken down to its very core is that he shouldn’t have.

So when December comes and you realize Griffin should have drafted him, none of this “I said he was a good shooter” matters. Your argument at its foundation is that passing on him was the smart move.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    This is just a weird way to go about it.

We have like 5 years of extra picks and 4 guaranteed better drafts to find a shooter.

The only thing that I'll give is that trading the 4th pick is risky simply because...

1. Great Shooters are top 10 prospects and Don’t usually fall out
    2. We have no idea if we are remotely bad enough for the top 10 in the foreseeable future.

Yet, if do need a top 10 shooter in future. We have the assets to get the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    This is just a weird way to go about it.
    Not really. Never said any of you. Weird and things people should hate are these threads after the fact. I’m making the statement now.

I said Griffin. Time and time again he shows me that he really doesn’t know how to spot talent.

Thread Information