Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Pelicans will regret not drafting...

First, I'm a big Abdul Rauf fan, both on and off the court and I agree he was mistreated by the league for his beliefs. But he was not a great NBA player. Offensively, he had some ok years. Defensively, he was clearly a liability his entire career. He was a sub-36% career shooter from the 3 point line and his first six years in Denver (his prime NBA years) he averaged 16 points per game and 4 assists. As for going against inferior talent, I'd remind you he played in the same era as Michael Jordan and Shaquille, among other great players. At LSU, he was an absolute super star, unstoppable. It just didn't translate to the pro game. It happens.

On Darius, his official listing from the NBA's Draft Guide:

Darius Garland
    PG
    6-2
    174 pounds
    Vanderbilt

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    First, I'm a big Abdul Rauf fan, both on and off the court and I agree he was mistreated by the league for his beliefs. But he was not a great NBA player. Offensively, he had some ok years. Defensively, he was clearly a liability his entire career. He was a sub-36% career shooter from the 3 point line and his first six years in Denver (his prime NBA years) he averaged 16 points per game and 4 assists. As for going against inferior talent, I'd remind you he played in the same era as Michael Jordan and Shaquille, among other great players. At LSU, he was an absolute super star, unstoppable. It just didn't translate to the pro game. It happens.

On Darius, his official listing from the NBA's Draft Guide:

Darius Garland
    PG
    6-2
    174 pounds
    Vanderbilt
    Dude, players are better now. The first 6 years were his prime because that’s all he had.

I’m a huge Rauf fan too. You saying you are, you have to understand what I’m saying about him being ahead of his time. If there was no handchecking in his era like there is now, my God. Hand checking is the only thing that could hold Rauf. The Bulls HAD to put Mike and Pippen on him and use handchecking in all its glory.

That’s why I like Darius so much. He reminds me of Rauf. And there’s no handchecking.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post
    Dude, players are better now. The first 6 years were his prime because that’s all he had.

I’m a huge Rauf fan too. You saying you are, you have to understand what I’m saying about him being ahead of his time. If there was no handchecking in his era like there is now, my God. Hand checking is the only thing that could hold Rauf. The Bulls HAD to put Mike and Pippen on him and use handchecking in all its glory.

That’s why I like Darius so much. He reminds me of Rauf. And there’s no handchecking.
    Imagine Jordan with no handchecking

Thread Information