Pelicans Report

Thread: Good breakdown on Lonzo, worth the watch

Good breakdown on Lonzo, worth the watch

I can see why Gentry likes him for this system.

I've seen this video, and while I disagree a little on a few points, it's a very good breakdown of Lonzo, his strengths, and his weaknesses.

It also contains a fantastic description of something I've been pointing out for months on this forum, but that people have been repeatedly getting upset about: Lonzo is a fantastic passer, but not an incredible shot creator for others because of his lack of offensive gravity.

This video goes over that flaw and shows clips, describes it. Hopefully a couple of those people who were mad at me for saying Lonzo's passing doesn't always translate into play-making will watch this and realise what I meant.
    Basketball.

Excellent stuff!

He’s going to be motivated more than ever to prove the doubters wrong. Same for Ingram.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I've seen this video, and while I disagree a little on a few points, it's a very good breakdown of Lonzo, his strengths, and his weaknesses.

It also contains a fantastic description of something I've been pointing out for months on this forum, but that people have been repeatedly getting upset about: Lonzo is a fantastic passer, but not an incredible shot creator for others because of his lack of offensive gravity.

This video goes over that flaw and shows clips, describes it. Hopefully a couple of those people who were mad at me for saying Lonzo's passing doesn't always translate into play-making will watch this and realise what I meant.
    The most ironic thing about the video is that it constantly showed multiple defenders on a play GRAVITATING towards Ball as he is passing out if the situation to a wide open teammate AS the commentator is noting how the lack of shooting doesn't create offensive gravity. Lol

So then it just becomes semantics. Do people gravitate to him? Yes. Is it because of a shot? No. Is he a play creator? By the definition they are going off of that a creator must be due to a lethal shot, no. Does he gravitate the defense towards him? Indubitably.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-22-2019 at 02:40 AM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    The most ironic thing about the video is that it constantly showed multiple defenders on a play GRAVITATING towards Ball as he is passing out if the situation to a wide open teammate AS the commentator is noting how the lack of shooting doesn't create offensive gravity. Lol

So then it just becomes semantics. Do people gravitate to him? Yes. Is it because of a shot? No. Is he a play creator? By the definition they are going off of that a creator must be due to a lethal shot, no. Does he gravitate the defense towards him? Indubitably.
    I'm impressed. Good job.

He will be one of the best along with Zion. Lakers misused him!

It also said that when he played more minutes that he was much better and basically blame coaching for a lot of his struggles . I think when he gets more minutes he’s going to improve in all areas it may take 30 games but I think he’s going to be very good in this offense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information