Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans preparing an offer for Hortford .

Pelicans preparing an offer for Hortford .

https://clutchpoints.app.link/UQZ13TKWMX
    Three NBA teams are readying to make unrestricted free agent center Al Horford an offer he can’t refuse. The New Orleans Pelicans, LA Clippers and Dallas Mavericks are reportedly preparing to make Horford a massive offer this summer, according to Ric Bucher of Bleacher Report.

Horford was reportedly interested in re-signing with the Celtics, but soon after he opted out of the $30.1 million owed to him for 2019-20, reports came saying he was planning to move on because other teams were willing to pay up.

Big Al enjoyed one of his best all-around seasons, posting 13.6 points, 6.7 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game, coupled with 1.3 blocks and a sliver under a steal per game.

Horford’s effective offensive game (53.5% from the field, 36% from 3, 83.2% from the foul line), leadership and veteran savvy are viewed as highly coveted attributes that these three teams will look to add this offseason.

The Pelicans have plenty of young blood in their lineup after trading Anthony Davis and could use a veteran who can help guide a star in the making like Zion Williamson, along with other rookies like Jaxson Hayes.

The Mavs traded former starting center DeAndre Jordan in the deal for Kristaps Porzingis. Adding Horford would give two young talented players in Luka Doncic and Porzingis not only a mentor, but a solid frontcourt partner to finish plays at all three levels.

The Clippers have seemingly backed off from acquiring Kevin Durant, and if they only muster one star in free agency, coupling him with Horford would make for a playoff-bound team under a terrific coach in Doc Rivers.
    https://youtu.be/au6xPxRRIgU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 06-24-2019 at 02:34 PM.

I would hope Griffin would not give him a 4 year max deal and completely throw away our flexibility for the next 4 years. That would seem to be such a Demps move.

I want him, but I hope we don't give him a ''massive offer''. That screams of a 4 year deal to me, and I do not want to be paying Al Horford four years from now.

On the plus side, it's Ric Bucher, who is notoriously and famously frequently wrong. So with any luck, it's not true.
    Basketball.

I honestly think we could be a threat in the west with Hortford on this team kinda Leary about tying him up for four years and that’s what it would take to get him in NOLA

I'm fine with a Millsap deal here. Give him a 3 year $90 mil with only like $5 or $10 guaranteed in year 3. Horford just opted out of $30 mil so don't expect him to take much less. He would be a perfect fit for what we need because he does so much on the court without ever really needing the ball. The numbers might give some sticker shock, but we have so much young, cost-controlled talent that we can afford to spend big on players who fit the culture and the specific needs of the team.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    I honestly think we could be a threat in the west with Hortford on this team kinda Leary about tying him up for four years and that’s what it would take to get him in NOLA

Horford

This screams of agent propaganda. We may be interested, but it really doesn’t make sense for anyone to offer Horford a massive 4-year deal at age 33. His is a very solid player but no franchise altering all star. He probably will play well for another 4-5 years, but not at a level worth $25 million + a year.

Would you max him out for 2 years? That means 38.15 yr 1 & 40 in year 2.

Watch that highlight video and think about Zion being the cutter when Horford is at the top of the key. It’s a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by cmariaou View Post

Watch that highlight video and think about Zion being the cutter when Horford is at the top of the key. It’s a good fit.
    For 2 years? Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by cmariaou View Post

He supposedly turned down a 3 year offer from Boston with the rumor being he has a 4 year offer at over $100 million.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He supposedly turned down a 3 year offer from Boston with the rumor being he has a 4 year offer at over $100 million.
    If it’s us then that 4th year better be a team option

If the Jazz don’t go after Horford that will be the biggest mistake of their season. He or A Millsap type as a stretch 4 is all that team is missing from taking it to the next level.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Horford
    Yea him too , my bad lol

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I'm not opposed.

I think NBA fans, Pelicans fans included, have grown to appreciate the transactional side of the sport as much or more than the actual game. Horford helps us win.

Having Jrue/Horford as culture setters is an A+
    The fit of Horford next to Zion is an A+

Successful organizations establish the expectation of winning. Horford gives us a chance to do that with our rookies, and the young guys we're getting from the Lakers. Being in the playoff mix makes every practice,film session, and game meaningful for these guys and that's a plus for their development.

Having so much draft capital over the next 4 years, gives us all the flexibility we need. We can add youth around our higher priced vets, or we can use a pick to offload Al if his production falls off completely.

Our situation is nothing like it was when Dell was here.

I think Holford is looking to get grossly overpaid like he already was. Hard pass.

Signing 33 year olds on the decline to cap strapping 4 year deals is the dumbest thing we can do. 2 year contract is acceptable.

I’d rather throw max 2 year deals at bogdonovic and brook Lopez

Gentry knows how to manufacture offense.

A starting lineup of Lonzo/Jrue/Ingram/Zion/Horford has top 5 defense potential.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Signing 33 year olds on the decline to cap strapping 4 year deals is the dumbest thing we can do. 2 year contract is acceptable.
    What about signing a 31 year old to a 4 or 5 year max?

Isn't this just some article using Fletcher as a source?

At 33, at best he is a diminishing B+ Free Agent, who is probably looking for A+ money for the next 4/5 years. I would hope the Pelicans would not be his patsy. I see more value in a 28 year old Nikola Vucevic. And for his likely landing price, way more value in Brook Lopez.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Gentry knows how to manufacture offense.

A starting lineup of Lonzo/Jrue/Ingram/Zion/Horford has top 5 defense potential.

What about signing a 31 year old to a 4 or 5 year max?
    Horford is no 31 year old. And unless that 31 year old is in the upper echelon of talent, I wouldn’t consider it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I'm not giving him 4 years of top dollar. However, he's the PRIME guy to have with all the young big men on this team (Zion, Hayes, Okafor, Wood).

No no no! I’ve said this a million time. B Lopez or Vucevic!

Pay either of them their money instead of Horford!!

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Horford is no 31 year old. And unless that 31 year old is in the upper echelon of talent, I wouldn’t consider it.
    So what do you do with Jrue in 2 years?

Hard hard pass on an aging salary gobbler. Demps would have done it. Yes please on Steve Adams. 25 years old. $25 for the next two years. Gives us some wiggle room too. For the right exchange price though. OKC is in salary cap heck right now.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Thread Information