Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Possible Free Agent Targets

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    No, that's not what I typed. I literally typed this---"When someone talks about a player being a good passer, we are NOT talking about easy basic passes."

I even capitalized NOT. And starting basketball at 13 is extremely late. I started at 9 and even I had to catch up to some others around me. Even 9 was late.

And I'm not talking against the team letting him go. I just said he got outplayed by Wood. And Wood is a damn good player, so I'm also not saying Diallo is a bad player. He'll be on another roster before the season.

All I said was Diallo did not play like a plyer with a low bball IQ. Thats it.
    Yeah, the source of the misunderstanding is this: you say that, which is fine. But then you go on to say ''Diallo could do that.''

Well, what I see as an ''easy basic pass'', Diallo could not do. At least not with any consistency. Therefore whatever passes you're talking about that Diallo can do are not what I'm thinking of when I think of basic passes. So there's a cross-communication there.

We really must just have different standards and expectations from NBA calibre players. I wouldn't describe Wood as a ''damn good player'' at all. He's okay, and he has promise that maybe one day he could become a ''damn good player'', but right now he's just fine. He's not starting quality, he's not designated backup quality on a good team. He's just a minute sponge, at this stage of his career. Doesn't suck, but isn't ''damn good''.
    Basketball.

Is there any chance we could trade a couple of 1st round picks for Naz Reid now that we've lost Diallo?
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Is there any chance we could trade a couple of 1st round picks for Naz Reid now that we've lost Diallo?
    The guy went undrafted.
    WTF would we give up 2 1st rounders?
    Are you taking the pisssss?

Pels reportedly interested in acquiring Derrick Favors via trade with Utah (a 2nd round pick or possibly Frank Jackson). While he wouldn't spread the floor as I envision, he would give us a defensive presence at the five we haven't seen since Tyson Chandler.

Further, the team is reportedly interested in Free Agents, Seth Curry and Jared Dudley. Curry could be a coup as he is deadly from three point range. He was +42% from three over three of last four years (missed one season due to injury). He would be instant offense off of the bench. I would think Dudley would be more an insurance policy than anything else.

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2019/6...t-the-rotation

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    The guy went undrafted.
    He's just trolling because he knows I hate Naz Reid

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    you so funny...not.

I was trying to make it obvious enough to where it was less trolling and more heavily sarcastic. Trying for more funny than picking. But yeah.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-27-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    The guy went undrafted.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b6459864891f93e201eb300894a66548.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	6453

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Pels reportedly interested in acquiring Derrick Favors via trade with Utah (a 2nd round pick or possibly Frank Jackson). While he wouldn't spread the floor as I envision, he would give us a defensive presence at the five we haven't seen since Tyson Chandler.

Further, the team is reportedly interested in Free Agents, Seth Curry and Jared Dudley. Curry could be a coup as he is deadly from three point range. He was +42% from three over three of last four years (missed one season due to injury). He would be instant offense off of the bench. I would think Dudley would be more an insurance policy than anything else.

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2019/6...t-the-rotation
    I love all those moves. Would rather a big that could stretch the floor but there won't be any that we can get. Favors is a horse in the paint, Seth can stroke it and Dudley is a great locker room guy.

If we only made those moves I'd be happy with our lineup.

Reporters around the NBA are still trying to pin down the mystery team that appears to be on track to sign Al Horford to a lucrative four-year contract. Marc Stein of The New York Times thought it might be the Pelicans, but says he has been “strongly advised” that that’s not the case (Twitter link). Meanwhile, Brad Townsend of The Dallas Morning News (Twitter link) doesn’t believe the Mavericks are seriously in the mix for Horford, despite reports that suggested otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    Reporters around the NBA are still trying to pin down the mystery team that appears to be on track to sign Al Horford to a lucrative four-year contract. Marc Stein of The New York Times thought it might be the Pelicans, but says he has been “strongly advised” that that’s not the case (Twitter link). Meanwhile, Brad Townsend of The Dallas Morning News (Twitter link) doesn’t believe the Mavericks are seriously in the mix for Horford, despite reports that suggested otherwise.
    It’s all agent BS. He will not get a 4-year $100 plus million contract. Boston wanted him gone to sign Kemba.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    It’s all agent BS. He will not get a 4-year $100 plus million contract. Boston wanted him gone to sign Kemba.
    Thats kinda my feeling. He or Boston may simply wanted out and trying to get a similar to better offer elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I love all those moves. Would rather a big that could stretch the floor but there won't be any that we can get. Favors is a horse in the paint, Seth can stroke it and Dudley is a great locker room guy.

If we only made those moves I'd be happy with our lineup.
    Same here. I wouldn't mind this lineup at all and it wouldnt inhibit our future moves

The Hornets are renouncing the rights to RFA, 7' 0" floor stretcher, Frank Kaminsky. Made just under $3MM last year.
    Last edited by As I See It; 06-27-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    The Hornets are renouncing the rights to FFA, 7' 0" floor stretcher, Frank Kaminsky. Made just under $3MM last year.
    His percentages look ok...could be better but his attempts dropped in recent years. What the story on this guy.

Been very quiet on the Vucevic front. Originally, Boston was mentioned, but they appear to be focused on Capela. Magic have Bamba in waiting. Any chance he goes for less than anticipated?

Very viable strategy to wait out the first wave of signings, keep your cash in your pocket, and then go bargain shopping later in free agency when guys don't get the deals their agents promised them they would get...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Been very quiet on the Vucevic front. Originally, Boston was mentioned, but they appear to be focused on Capela. Magic have Bamba in waiting. Any chance he goes for less than anticipated?

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Very viable strategy to wait out the first wave of signings, keep your cash in your pocket, and then go bargain shopping later in free agency when guys don't get the deals their agents promised them they would get...
    Definitely, especially since the top tier players would not consider the Pels. Wait it out for reasonable signings.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    We have a lot of cash to spend, but not a lot of playing time to offer if we're going to invest in the young guys. I'd much rather see the Pelicans spend the money to go out and get the guy they want/need early. They can add bargain guys by splitting MLE. Vets like Dudley or Carroll shouldn't cost much.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    We have a lot of cash to spend, but not a lot of playing time to offer if we're going to invest in the young guys. I'd much rather see the Pelicans spend the money to go out and get the guy they want/need early. They can add bargain guys by splitting MLE. Vets like Dudley or Carroll shouldn't cost much.
    Won't have MLE. We will have room exception, but that is only about $4.7 million. I would hope that would be enough for Dudley, but likely not for Carroll.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

That answers that.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar

Thread Information