Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jrue is not getting traded!

It's lip service. They want to encourage Jrue to stick around and mold a young roster and not ask out to a more win ready team. The casual fans are coming for Zion

If they really want to do that for Jrue though... Better spend that cash in FA

Basketball Guru
    jrue is the best and proven player on this team...griff is not lying when he say its jrue team .......we have the money so now we have to get the right players to help jrue try and get the team into a playoff spot....

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes I agree the smart thing to do is throw an immense amount of pressure on an 18 year old immediately.
    Yes because it's worked out so poorly for LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard, Anthony Davis, Derrick Rose, Kyrie Irving, John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Yes because it's worked out so poorly for LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard, Anthony Davis, Derrick Rose, Kyrie Irving, John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, etc.
    Naming:
    Carmelo Anthony: Career loser in the NBA
    Anthony Davis: Career loser who just asked out
    Derrick Rose: Talented PG who was so overplayed early his legs exploded
    Kyrie Irving: Weird flat earther whose body has broken down under stress and is a career loser outside of Lebron
    John Wall: Massively overrated career loser whose ankles just exploded
    Demarcus Cousins: Overly emotional whiny crybaby career loser

Not exactly the best examples for your point.
    Basketball.

LOLLLLLL

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Naming:
    Carmelo Anthony: Career loser in the NBA
    Anthony Davis: Career loser who just asked out
    Derrick Rose: Talented PG who was so overplayed early his legs exploded
    Kyrie Irving: Weird flat earther whose body has broken down under stress and is a career loser outside of Lebron
    John Wall: Massively overrated career loser whose ankles just exploded
    Demarcus Cousins: Overly emotional whiny crybaby career loser

Not exactly the best examples for your point.
    Becoming the face of the franchise day one didn't stop them from becoming great players. That's all a player can control.

LOLLLLLL
    Exactly what you do when you can't come up with a decent response. If being given the franchise day 1 is too much for Zion than he's not the player we think he is.

Chris Paul the face of a franchise too?

Becoming the face of the franchise day one didn't stop them from becoming great players. That's all a player can control.
    You don't think being given tens of millions of dollars at age 18, 19, and being immediately thrust into the public eye with all that pressure on you did ANYTHING to the mentalities of super-sensitive whiny idiots like Cousins, and weirdo bizarre nutcases like Kyrie?

There's a reason that pretty much everyone expects child-stars to end up as basketcases, and it's nothing to do with them as individuals but entirely to do with the system they're in and the environment that gets put around them. Nobody is saying that Zion definitively couldn't handle that pressure: some people do. Lebron would be a good example. But to act as if there's no risk to that and then list as your evidence a bunch of nigh-insane wingnuts and career losers is a really poor move.

Could Zion potentially be fine under the pressure day one? Sure.
    Is it wise to shove him into that situation when there's an easy way around it? No, it's not.

This the Big Easy...no need for all dat stress and whatnots

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You don't think being given tens of millions of dollars at age 18, 19, and being immediately thrust into the public eye with all that pressure on you did ANYTHING to the mentalities of super-sensitive whiny idiots like Cousins, and weirdo bizarre nutcases like Kyrie?

There's a reason that pretty much everyone expects child-stars to end up as basketcases, and it's nothing to do with them as individuals but entirely to do with the system they're in and the environment that gets put around them. Nobody is saying that Zion definitively couldn't handle that pressure: some people do. Lebron would be a good example. But to act as if there's no risk to that and then list as your evidence a bunch of nigh-insane wingnuts and career losers is a really poor move.

Could Zion potentially be fine under the pressure day one? Sure.
    Is it wise to shove him into that situation when there's an easy way around it? No, it's not.
    That pressure is coming regardless. He's considered the best prospect since LeBron James. Whether it's his "team" or Jrue's. The difference is if it's Jrue's "team" then we run a system and bring in players that fit Holiday's play style.

That pressure is coming regardless. He's considered the best prospect since LeBron James. Whether it's his "team" or Jrue's. The difference is if it's Jrue's "team" then we run a system and bring in players that fit Holiday's play style.
    I don't believe that's true. I think what it means is the same thing it's meant for the last few months: Jrue is the guy who gets put in front of the media firing line, gets the ball put in his hands in clutch time, and who is asked to finish for us.

Griff also made it clear that when that baton is ready to be passed, it will be. If Zion is ready to be that closer, finisher, and media savant by Christmas, then he will be. But if he needs a little while to adjust, then Jrue is the perfect guy to fill that role until he's ready.

Exactly what you do when you can't come up with a decent response. If being given the franchise day 1 is too much for Zion than he's not the player we think he is.
    Not it's exactly what I do when I feel the post is so rediculous it doesn't even warrant a response.

Not it's exactly what I do when I feel the post is so rediculous it doesn't even warrant a response.
    So why even respond. Exactly!

Don't make me come in there you two!

It wasn't lip service. It is extremely stupid to put franchise pressure on a soon-to-be 19 year old. Especially when its unnecessary.

Many of the best HOF players in this league have always spoken about their vets that helped them when they first came in. Charles Barkley always talks about Moses Malone. Duncan had Robinson. Kevin Garnett had Sam Mitchell while he rode the bench most of his first year.

This idea that this one player HAS to be a leader and face of the franchise savior day 1 is stupid. It got on my nerves when AD got here and I'm glad Griff has good sense.

I brought up any idea for bringing Cousins back and they did not like that either. Imagine if this board had a politics page.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I brought up any idea for bringing Cousins back and they did not like that either. Imagine if this board had a politics page.
    Honesly, would you want someone like Cousins in the locker room with a bunch of young players and rookies?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Honesly, would you want someone like Cousins in the locker room with a bunch of young players and rookies?
    Yeah it’s probably a bad idea now

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The pressure is gonna come anyway. The media and loud ignorant fans will do that. What’s important is that the team is built to support him so that while the unofficial pressure to be THE guy is there, officially, Jrue is the face of the franchise and who our guys shall lean on most heavily.

Because I wanted you to know I read it and found it unworthy of a legitimate response.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 06-21-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    It wasn't lip service. It is extremely stupid to put franchise pressure on a soon-to-be 19 year old. Especially when its unnecessary.

Many of the best HOF players in this league have always spoken about their vets that helped them when they first came in. Charles Barkley always talks about Moses Malone. Duncan had Robinson. Kevin Garnett had Sam Mitchell while he rode the bench most of his first year.

This idea that this one player HAS to be a leader and face of the franchise savior day 1 is stupid. It got on my nerves when AD got here and I'm glad Griff has good sense.
    He's the franchise savior like it or not. Saying this is Holiday's team won't change that. Sure he should have vets to teach him the ins and outs of the daily grind and traps. But everything this franchise does should be to aid Zion. When a franchise takes that approach towards a player it's his team. I think we're arguing semantics mostly. If we had to choose between Zion and Jrue who are we choosing. Than that's who's team it is. Similar to the Curry and Durant situation. Most people believed KD was the better player, but most people see the Warriors as Curry's team. Because if it came down to him or any other player it's Steph.

Thread Information