Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What’s your draft prediction?

What’s your draft prediction?

No discussions just answers, let’s see who gets close.

4: Who gets picked here and by who? (Do not post your trade)
    39: Who gets picked here and by who?
    57: Who gets picked here and by who?
    Where does Bol Bol go?:

4: Culver, by us.
    39: Claxton, who has fallen, by us.
    57: Admiral Schofield, by us.

Bol goes at 22 to Boston.
    Basketball.

#1 Zion

#4 and Ingram to Washington for Beal (mostly because this is what I’d like to see happen)

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    #1 Zion

#4 and Ingram to Washington for Beal (mostly because this is what I’d like to see happen)
    So Washington pick who at 4? Remember, the OP said not to post your trade, but instead to say who you think actually gets picked there and by whom.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Garland at 4

Getting the feel we pick Garland at 4 for Minnesota
    #11 - Jaxson Hayes
    use #39 and #57 to move up in 2nd for- Dylan Windler

I'm going sleeper trade. 4th & A second rounder plus Moore & Hill to the Pacers for Turner and 18th

Basketball Guru
    #4..trade to minn for saric ...
    #39..roby

sorry just saw no trade but thats my answer...
    Last edited by 6warddude; 06-20-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    PELS better draft Garland. He’s going to be better than Ja Morant. He has weaknesses but it’s very obvious that he’s extremely difficult to defend. I found a bunch of footage of him playing pick up games against pro guys and a bunch of high school games. His basketball iq is very high despite turnovers. Omg the kid is really good. If he had played a full season I think his assists would be much higher. His shot off the dribble is the fastest I’ve ever seen. Only player that I can think of is Curry when I see that. If the PELS don’t get him I’m going to be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second your motion, pelicanchamp. PICK GARLAND!

There is a reason that other teams are bidding to move up to #4 to take him. Garland has the handles and shooting ability to be crazy good. His court vision is quite good too, but he has been relied on to shoot more than pass in high school and the handful of games he played at Vandy.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    I second your motion, pelicanchamp. PICK GARLAND!

There is a reason that other teams are bidding to move up to #4 to take him. Garland has the handles and shooting ability to be crazy good. His court vision is quite good too, but he has been relied on to shoot more than pass in high school and the handful of games he played at Vandy.
    Ding ding ding ding

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    PELS better draft Garland. He’s going to be better than Ja Morant. He has weaknesses but it’s very obvious that he’s extremely difficult to defend. I found a bunch of footage of him playing pick up games against pro guys and a bunch of high school games. His basketball iq is very high despite turnovers. Omg the kid is really good. If he had played a full season I think his assists would be much higher. His shot off the dribble is the fastest I’ve ever seen. Only player that I can think of is Curry when I see that. If the PELS don’t get him I’m going to be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think the Garland intrigue has a lot more to do with the Curry/Lillard fetish going on in the NBA right now rather than him as a prospect and what he has shown in college. I am high on Garland mind. There is no guarantee he is the next big thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I think the Garland intrigue has a lot more to do with the Curry/Lillard fetish going on in the NBA right now rather than him as a prospect and what he has shown in college. I am high on Garland mind. There is no guarantee he is the next big thing though.
    I agree. Garland does have a lot of potential, sure, and I wouldn't be angry if we drafted him or anything, but he got injured so early in his college career that there are question marks around his entire game.

The only thing that's guaranteed is that he can shoot. And with the current environment of the NBA, a lot of teams see a guard who looks like he could really be a volume sniper and they see dollar signs, regardless of everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I agree. Garland does have a lot of potential, sure, and I wouldn't be angry if we drafted him or anything, but he got injured so early in his college career that there are question marks around his entire game.

The only thing that's guaranteed is that he can shoot. And with the current environment of the NBA, a lot of teams see a guard who looks like he could really be a volume sniper and they see dollar signs, regardless of everything else.
    If we can’t get Turner, I don’t think we can go wrong with Culver/Garland. Both could be exceptional from the bench

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    I'm going sleeper trade. 4th & A second rounder plus Moore & Hill to the Pacers for Turner and 18th

Yes please!!!

I predict that we are going to be very happy in about 3.5 hours

RJ or Garland at #4 would be great!

Garland scares me as a full time starting point guard, but the guy can drain a three. He is as good as I have seen in this year’s class at stopping and popping. It is a nice fluid shot with no wasted motion. But his defense seems sub-par and since he is so young, he is prone to some bizarre choices in ball distribution. I would be happy taking him based solely on his shooting, but I don’t believe he is nearly ready to be a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I predict that we are going to be very happy in about 3.5 hours

I believe this is the prediction with the greatest chance of being proven right.

Wait, Is Boston offering Tatum for our #4 and something else? We should listen if true.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Wait, Is Boston offering Tatum for our #4 and something else? We should listen if true.
    I would doubt it but you never know. Where are you seeing this?

If we stay at 4---- we take Coby White (he can play on or off the ball and can really shoot it)

but i think we trade back and take a big - Jaxson Hayes and either cameron reddish or Rui Hachimura

Who do you have at 8 and 17?

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Who do you have at 8 and 17?
    Hunter and Bol Bol

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Hunter and Bol Bol
    I would be giddy with that.

Thread Information