Pelicans Report

Thread: Ingram & Ball are gonna follow the foot steps of fellow Lakers #2 pick, DLo Russell

Ingram & Ball are gonna follow the foot steps of fellow Lakers #2 pick, DLo Russell

De’Angelo Russell was taken by the Lakers as the #2 pick in 2015. He didn’t quite live up to expectations early on in LA and people were whispering the dreaded B word. The Lakers then take the guy everyone thought was one of the top prospects in 2017 in Lonzo Ball. He had a similar start to his career like DLo. Then just like DLo they trade Ball with another 2nd overall pick from 2016 in Brandon Ingram who hadn’t quite lived up to expectations either. The Lakers have been a dysfunctional franchise ever since Kobe retired. I think it’s tough for 19 year old kids to shine in the bright lights of LA, even Kobe didn’t. I think both these guys will do the same as Russell. Russell showed that he was worth that 2015 2nd overall pick with the Brooklyn Nets last season. He put together an All Star campaign last year and got his team to the playoffs. Now Ball & Ingram will likely not make the All Star team in 2021 since they both play in the stacked Western Conference. But I think we will be in the playoffs in 2021 if not earlier.

I love the trade! We got the largest haul for single player in NBA history IMO. Getting Zion and possibly a few other rookies or a vet tomorrow night is huge. I haven’t been this excited about the franchise since the day we got Anthony Davis. Now we are getting an even more hyped player in Zion Williamson to go with young players Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, and our beast vet Jrue Holiday. Then we have possibly the brightest future out of any team in the NBA with all the other future 1st round picks. It’s a good time to be a Pelican fan and we just lost a top 5 player in the NBA, which is unbelievable!
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-19-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Thread Information