Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jrue to Celtics?

Jrue to Celtics?

Apparently the Celtics are inquiring about Jrue Holiday's availability.

If they mention the name Jayson Tatum, I'd listen.

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/1e172424-...3A-boston.html
    Last edited by As I See It; 06-19-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Apparently the Celtics are inquiring about Jrue Holiday's availability.

If they mention the name Jason Tatum, I'd listen.

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/1e172424-...3A-boston.html
    For the same haul we wanted for AD, sure. Actually, more because he has 2 years. I want Tatum, Brown, Smart, all their picks, and they can have Ingram.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    For the same haul we wanted for AD, sure. Actually, more because he has 2 years. I want Tatum, Brown, Smart, all their picks, and they can have Ingram.
    Sure, that's the cost.

Ainge doesn't like, sorry. Jrue's a franchise player.
    Basketball.

Ok, well we aren't going to get that. What if it's Brown, a first rounder this year and the Memphis pick next year?

Tempting. Get younger with Brown at the same position, get a good mid-first rounder this year (Brandon Clarke?!) and another valuable chip in the Memphis pick next year. If you're doing a traditional rebuild, you'd do it. But Holiday is special and not just for what he does on the court. He sets a tone for the organization and going all young guys is a pretty sure ticket to being irrelevant for at least a couple of seasons. Plus, you'd have to think about paying both Brown and Ingram next offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Ok, well we aren't going to get that.
    Then they aren't going to get Jrue. Sorry.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Jrue should be untouchable. period.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Jrue should be untouchable. period.
    I hear you, but it's a business. Everybody can be had for the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Ok, well we aren't going to get that. What if it's Brown, a first rounder this year and the Memphis pick next year?

Tempting. Get younger with Brown at the same position, get a good mid-first rounder this year (Brandon Clarke?!) and another valuable chip in the Memphis pick next year. If you're doing a traditional rebuild, you'd do it. But Holiday is special and not just for what he does on the court. He sets a tone for the organization and going all young guys is a pretty sure ticket to being irrelevant for at least a couple of seasons. Plus, you'd have to think about paying both Brown and Ingram next offseason.
    Nah. Pass. We aren't a charity. If they want Jrue they pay for it. Unlike AD he hasn't demanded a trade and has 2+1 left on his deal.

Correct. The right price. Which for Boston is everything they have. Ainge has tried to play cute for too long and has missed multiple opportunities. Jrue is near untouchable for us so he has to pay a king's ransom.

Sure. And the right price is the entire Celtics future, all of their players we want, every pick they have and will have. They'll have to Billy King themselves just like the Lakers have.

If you want a player gone, you're willing to take less than maybe they are worth.

If you want to keep a player, then if another team wants them, they're going to have to overpay.

If you want to keep a player, make them your franchise veteran, keep them on the team for their entire career and potential stick their jersey in the rafters, then they're going to have to overpay so hard it makes them bleed from the ears.

Jrue is the latter. Ainge wants him, cool: so do I. What's he willing to give to pry him away, because it will take everything. With interest.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Jrue has a price. I love Jrue. But Jrue has a price.

Let's speak honestly about the negatives: He's 29 years old, undersized for his position, a sub par 3 pt shooter, highest paid player on the team, and with 2 years left on his deal.

Our franchise player is 19.

Everybody knows the positives. But let's not pretend like Jrue is the perfect fit on this team.

Again, I say all this as a HUGE Jrue Holiday fan. But, he has a price that I'd be willing to trade him for, and it's much less than the sun, the moon, and the stars.

Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, pick #20, and the Memphis pick is the LEAST I would be willing to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

Let's speak honestly about the negatives: He's 29 years old, undersized for his position, a sub par 3 pt shooter, highest paid player on the team, and with 2 years left on his deal.
    He's not undersized at all. He's a touch over 6'4, and he's a shooting guard. That's perfectly normal. Wade was 6'4, didn't trouble him at all. Third best SG of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

Our franchise player is 19.

Everybody knows the positives. But let's not pretend like Jrue is the perfect fit on this team.

Again, I say all this as a HUGE Jrue Holiday fan. But, he has a price that I'd be willing to trade him for, and it's much less than the sun, the moon, and the stars.

Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, pick #20, and the Memphis pick is the LEAST I would be willing to accept.
    If Tatum ain't in it I ain't accepting. Swap Brown for Tatum and I'd take that deal.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Jrue should literally be untouchable. Yes every player has a price... I get that.

But I think this is more about culture and loyalty.

Jrue has agreed to be our leader. He is "the man".

You keep him. Despite all trades. Despite all picks you throw.

Jrue should be more important that just to show the team, the fans, and the city how important he is.
    Last edited by JunkHead; 06-19-2019 at 04:50 PM. Reason: I have no idea how I managed to type that last sentence. But you get the idea.

I think for Jrue you have to look beyond just stats. With all the new change for this team Jrue is providing some stability to help transition us into the future. Does he have a price? Sure but its higher then his stats and age show.

Jrue needs to be here for at least the next 2 years especially with all the young players that we will have coming in.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    You guys are crazy. He's 29 and doesn't ultimately fit our timeline. I'd take Brown, Smart and the Memphis pick and be very happy about it. Or, Brown, the Memphis pick and two firsts this year. If Smart is part of the deal you still get that veteran leadership that Jrue provides anyway.

Jrue is in his prime and deserves to be on a team that has a chance to reach the finals. If we can get a nice lil load for him that'd be great

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    You guys are crazy. He's 29 and doesn't ultimately fit our timeline. I'd take Brown, Smart and the Memphis pick and be very happy about it. Or, Brown, the Memphis pick and two firsts this year. If Smart is part of the deal you still get that veteran leadership that Jrue provides anyway.
    I know people act like Jrue is 24 or something I like Jrue but come on man in two years he won’t have much value and we’re not winning anything for a couple of years build your assets while you can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by riot. View Post
    Jrue is in his prime and deserves to be on a team that has a chance to reach the finals. If we can get a nice lil load for him that'd be great
    Jrue ''deserves'' to get what he wants. If he wants to be traded and go to a team to contend, then I don't think anyone would have an issue with moving him. If he wants to stay, which right now it seems that he does, then he deserves to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    I know people act like Jrue is 24 or something I like Jrue but come on man in two years he won’t have much value and we’re not winning anything for a couple of years build your assets while you can

This. I am still trying to find any type of statement saying that Jrue wanted to be the leader of the team. He’s a lead by example type of guy for sure but not very vocal. Also, does he even workout with the team in the offseason?

He openly admitted that one of the main reasons he resigned with us was to play with AD. Just because he is the highest paid player on the team doesn’t mean he wants to or should be the leader of the team. That has to come from within and he has to be all in. If he did want to be traded, i am sure he would do everything in his power to not let it out so that we can deal him at the highest value when the time comes. If word got he was touchable then he loses appeal just like that. I’m not saying i want him traded for the sake of being off of the team but of we can get a younger player that also has some experience ,leadership traits, and all star potential.. then why not?

This is simple guys. The Celtics were not willing to give up Tatum for Ad... so there is no way the hive him up for Jrue. In my mind. There is nobody else on their team worth Jrue.... so.... HARD PASS!!

I think 'Hard Pass' is the most popular phrase on this board...so yeah, hard pass.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Thread Information