Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jrue to Celtics?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    This. I am still trying to find any type of statement saying that Jrue wanted to be the leader of the team. He’s a lead by example type of guy for sure but not very vocal. Also, does he even workout with the team in the offseason?

He openly admitted that one of the main reasons he resigned with us was to play with AD. Just because he is the highest paid player on the team doesn’t mean he wants to or should be the leader of the team. That has to come from within and he has to be all in. If he did want to be traded, i am sure he would do everything in his power to not let it out so that we can deal him at the highest value when the time comes. If word got he was touchable then he loses appeal just like that. I’m not saying i want him traded for the sake of being off of the team but of we can get a younger player that also has some experience ,leadership traits, and all star potential.. then why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is one of those times where a quick google could solve your problems.

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2019/5...n-coach-mike-g

''A stronger, more able-bodied Holiday is a frighteningly good development for an organization that has recently been riding a tidal wave of positive emotion. In addition, you’ll be happy to learn that Holiday is ready to be the face of the franchise.

“In terms of his role in embracing of being the face of the franchise and those types of phrases, I think he embraces it,” said Guevara. “I think that he is very excited to be that guy. He’s a quiet leader. But he’s a leader nonetheless and guys respect him. When he does talk and speaks up, people listen. If the keys to the car are being handed to him, I think he’s ready to take the car for a spin and be the leader of the franchise, doing what he has to do to put us on the next level. ''

Guevara of course, is Jrue's personal trainer, and also a Performance Consultant for the Pelicans. He trains Jrue in the summers. This summer, Jrue's also there working out with Frank Jackson, Stanley Johnson, and AD.

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orle...3b13c5e7f.html

''This is Holiday’s team, no matter who comes back to New Orleans in exchange for Davis. It’s a notion that never occurred to him previously, but admittedly it excites him now. [...]

It’s a major responsibility. And one Holiday is eager to shoulder.

“I’m going to go with it,” Holiday told The Advocate. “I’m excited to run with it. I guess I’d like to be more involved with decisions and decision-making moving forward.'' [...]

“Me and (coach Alvin) Gentry have a good relationship, and I can talk to him anytime. I’d like to have my opinion heard, and from there they can make the decision that they make. I want to help and I want to make this the best place it can be and I think I can help everyone.

Holiday said if management had asked him before, he would've been happy to help. Pelicans brass went instead to Davis.

"And that really makes sense when you think about it,' Holiday said, "but I guess that’s changing now.”''
    Basketball.

I’d do is it for Tatum and draft picks through 2030

Quote Originally Posted by riot. View Post
    Jrue is in his prime and deserves to be on a team that has a chance to reach the finals. If we can get a nice lil load for him that'd be great
    And a BOS team losing Kyrie, Horford, and then trading away Brown, Smart and picks isn't going to the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Jrue ''deserves'' to get what he wants. If he wants to be traded and go to a team to contend, then I don't think anyone would have an issue with moving him. If he wants to stay, which right now it seems that he does, then he deserves to stay.
    This is not how smart organizations operate. Holiday has been a class act and a really good player, but what has he accomplished to earn this level of respect? We should trade him when it's best for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    This is not how smart organizations operate. Holiday has been a class act and a really good player, but what has he accomplished to earn this level of respect? We should trade him when it's best for the team.
    Smart organisations don't keep around all-star level players who are under contract at reasonable value for multiple seasons who have also expressed a desire to stay here and provide veteran leadership during a period of rebuilding?

We sure they don't do that?

Absolutely sure?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    That would be SO hilarious. They refuse to trade for AD, but trade for Jrue instead. I mean, yeah. Jrue is under a very reasonable contract for longer than one season. So could understand it. But the idea of us maybe sending them Jrue and Ingram and getting Tatum anyway?

I'd almost be down with such a crazy move.

Almost. In like...some alternate dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    That would be SO hilarious. They refuse to trade for AD, but trade for Jrue instead. I mean, yeah. Jrue is under a very reasonable contract for longer than one season. So could understand it. But the idea of us maybe sending them Jrue and Ingram and getting Tatum anyway?

It is theoretically possible to do both. In the multiverse!

I don’t agree at all we can’t win now and Jrue is a huge part of that. We already have so much talent ready to breakout to go along with a potential rookie of the year in Zion. We don’t want to surround Zion with a bunch of young kids who are playing for their next contract. Nothing wrong with having some youth but not an entire team of kids under 22 years old. I think Jrue is the perfect NBA vet to have bringing along guys like Zion, Ingram, Lonzo, and whoever else we bring in. Jrue is someone who will be worth every penny of his deal throughout the entirety of it if he stays healthy and he is also someone we can resign to a hometown deal around age 31-32 with a team that should be a very real contender. Kyle Lowry is 33 years old and just helped win a title for the Raptors as their 3rd best player and very important piece. IMO Jrue is a better all around guard then Lowry and has a skill set that can play at a high level for a long time. Jrue as our 3rd best piece and this teams a real contender. That’s a very real possibility in the near future and their is also no telling what types of moves we make to improve this team before the season. He could be one of those stars who develops a very good 3pt shot later in their career as well helping extend his career and if he gets some better running mates I see his 3pt shot taking strides not having to create so much different finally having help. Jrue is not someone we should just think about helping us for the next 2+1 but more like the next 5+ years.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 06-20-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Please take down the avatar Guardian!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

IMO Ingram is and will be the better player then Tatum but I guess we will see. So for me it would make 0 sense since I wouldn’t trade them straight up. I also think Ingram compliments Zion better in many different ways similar to RJ at Duke. I’m a huge fan of both Tatum and Ingram but jmo following them both so closely since Duke Ingram is far more gifted with a higher ceiling while Tatum might be the safer pick to some which I’m not so sure of.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 06-20-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Please take down the avatar Guardian!
    Doing it now!! Can’t believe I left it for so long after becoming my 2nd most hated NBA player behind Lebron and now with the Lakers I think they are even with AD possibly having a slight edge. His statement that he’s willing to play for 29 other teams and just wants to win is where I lost all respect. I completely understand wanting to go to LA after giving NOLA it’s shot. I completely understand sticking fully 100% with it even after landing Zion with Lebron being his all time favorite and idol growing up. Just wanted honesty and telling me 29 other teams are better to be at right now then with us while also only giving your teammates 3 quarters of basketball did it for me. Can’t wait to watch every Lakers game! To think I have always watched Lebron already just to see him lose which was largely a reason I got NBA League Pass.. haha!!
    It was almost as good watching him lose as it was watching the Pelicans win.. Now you throw in AD!? It’s gonna be very close to a Pels win!! Hahaha!!

Jrue is awesome and respect him as a player and person, but acting like he is untouchable is just silly business.

I'd trade Jrue if I knew I could get an elite scorer to play next to Lonzo in the backcourt (Beal, etc.).

Lonzo and Jrue are an elite defensive pairing but lacking in offense.

I think in evaluating are current roster we are confusing shooting and scoring or offense.

Last year's Pels roster proved that you can be a top level scoring team without being a top level shooting team. Pace and getting to the rim can generate a lot of scoring on a team level. Modern analytics stresses three point shooting, but it also stresses lay ups, dunks and shots inside 5'. I think with Lonzo and Jrue running, driving and assisting to Ingram, Zion and others, we'll be a good scoring team even if we are a mediocre team from the arc. This year I'd aim to be around league average from distance and see what happens. We do have Moore and Miles on the roster, both pretty good from distance.

Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker View Post
    Jrue is awesome and respect him as a player and person, but acting like he is untouchable is just silly business.

I'd trade Jrue if I knew I could get an elite scorer to play next to Lonzo in the backcourt (Beal, etc.).

Lonzo and Jrue are an elite defensive pairing but lacking in offense.
    They are lacking in scoring, not offense

The only way I see this happening is in a three team deal that nets us Beal.

J. Michael Falgoust: Turner’s name has come up a lot in scenarios but I’ve been told by league sources he won’t be moved. When #Pacers asked about Jrue Holiday @ deadline that’s what it would’ve cost. On a great contract, rim protecting, 3p shooter, away from the rim defending bigs=hard to find 22 mins ago – via Twitter ThisIsJMichael

Thread Information