Pelicans Report

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: 2019 DRAFT DAY THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    So wait. He said no player had intention of being moved but several conversations going on. That means he knew a team coveted Hayes or Walker and is trying to get ransom for them right? No?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah..i'm confused. I guess that is why the other picks are not currently getting attention?

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Can’t believe we had 3 1st round picks and still need a backup point guard, small forward, and power forward. Unless we plan on rolling with a 6’5” backup 3, Wood at backup 4, and Jrue as our main back up point? Unless we plan on bringing in 3 free agents? Think we bring in a point guard and a power forward for sure.
    Jesus. You do know the team has a decent cushion of cap space to work with right? You dont/never draft for need right?

Two future second rounders and cash considerations...no Smiley!

Can’t believe we had 3 1st round picks and still need a backup point guard, small forward, and power forward. Unless we plan on rolling with a 6’5” backup 3, Wood at backup 4, and Jrue as our main back up point? Unless we plan on bringing in 3 free agents? Think we bring in a point guard and a power forward for sure.
    We don't need a backup PG, or SF.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    Yeah..i'm confused. I guess that is why the other picks are not currently getting attention?
    It's very possibly because the other two guys were acquired in a trade with the Hawks which is not technically legal/executed yet.

I don’t know how we passed on both a 3 in Little & a 4 in Clarke for another shooting guard with Jrue, Hart, & Moore on the roster. It’s just our most stacked position lol. Dude better be a lights out shooter from 3 and maybe play some point if needed.

I don’t know how we passed on both a 3 in Little & a 4 in Clarke for another shooting guard with Jrue, Hart, & Moore on the roster. It’s just our most stacked position lol. Dude better be a lights out shooter from 3 and maybe play some point if needed.
    I'm not thrilled about the Walker thing, but he was a 38% three point guy in college on 4.5 attempts per game across two years. He can shoot.

And he played PG a lot in college. He's not some ''shooting guard'' guy, he's a combo guard.

We got Zion and a rim protector plus we still have free agency and will attract quality players now. The other picks are quality just not known

They will all share point duties I’m sure. We don’t need a backup pg per se, but someone that can run the team when Ball is out of the game. For better or worse, we should have bench SHOOTING at the very least.

We have big time cap space now. We have the money to go get what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm not thrilled about the Walker thing, but he was a 38% three point guy in college on 4.5 attempts per game across two years. He can shoot.

And he played PG a lot in college. He's not some ''shooting guard'' guy, he's a combo guard.
    That Brazilian cat, too. Man. He's going to be an interesting guy to watch. He sounds voracious for action.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

He forgot Fernando Alfredo Bernardo Silva

Good draft. Zion will be a great player, it's good that he is finally with us.
    Hayes, on the other hand, is interesting

In addition, we got rid of the bad Hill contract - the FA market will be another interesting time for us. Great offseason ...

Sure..it’s like summer league but they sell beer

If we can’t land a star in this FA (highly doubtful), we should keep space open for the next big FA class with short term deals. Next year the FA class is awful, so 2-3 year deals would suffice.

I liked Bone in that 57th spot, but we traded it lol. Super athletic point guard

I legit forgot Okafor was only 23. Wow.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Cerebral, ambidextrous, and just badass Alexander Walker. That guy is a STEAL

My wild trade idea for the night. There have been
    Rumors that Derozan is being considered as tradable by the Spurs for cap space. Derozan for Moore/?/ and Hayes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    My wild trade idea for the night. There have been
    Rumors that Derozan is being considered as tradable by the Spurs for cap space. Derozan for Moore/?/ and Hayes.

No.

GOD no.

Is there even a Kendrick Perkins in this crop of FA?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    If coach wants to still run fast, this is the age range to do it.

My favorite part of David Griffin's presser...."this is not somebody who's supposed to be the savior of the franchise." "This is a 19 year old kid"

Very good words. Opposite of when AD got here and "This is AD's team" "He's our best player" as soon as he got drafted.

That never sat well with me and it's just goofy to put that much pressure on a teenager. His time will come.

Thread Information