Pelicans Report

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 DRAFT DAY THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I hope Kabengele & Dylan Windler falls to us! We could use a white guy LMAO

If I thought Carsen Edwards could play the point I’d take him, but I see him more like Lou Williams and we have too many 2 guards especially if we keep Moore.

Trade Moore & 39 to get Bol Bol baby!! lol
    What?
    Basketball.

Portland with a STEAL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    What?
    I was just joking my bad I’ll change it

A lot of solid talent still out there.

Jontay Porter, Bol Bol, Nicolas Claxton, Talen Horton-Tucker, all very good prospects.

What?
    We were due a good cringe moment. It's been a while.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I was just joking my bad I’ll change it
    I was expecting that sentence to end ''we could use a shooter'' or something, kinda hit me sideways

You say this but...

Hayes had 10.75'' hands.

Kawhi's hands are 9'75''.

So yep.
    Former receiver. Guy catches everything. I'm a little worried about how raw he is, but the tools are def there.

Love our draft. Definitely love the value that we got. Get a shooter in FA. Let's go.

X *

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Former receiver. Guy catches everything. I'm a little worried about how raw he is, but the tools are def there.
    Completely agree. If he gets a hand on it, he will catch it. Fantastic, big, soft hands.

Looks like Bol may fall to the 30s

With the 26th pick, the Cleveland Cavaliers select: Dylan Windler

Very surprised he jumped up into the first round, but yeah, good. Keep pushing Porter, Bol, and Claxton down.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    Looks like Bol may fall to the 30s
    I always thought he looked too breakable. Figured the experts knew better. Guess they thought similar.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I always thought he looked too breakable. Figured the experts knew better. Guess they thought similar.
    His health is a legitimate question. Totally understandable the teams would prefer not to take the risk, especially when they only have one FRP.

But for us, who have the Entire World's Collection of Picks, we can afford to burn one on a high risk/high reward guy, especially if it's at #35

That's amazing.

For those who don't wanna click through the link: The Wizards drafted Rui Hachimura at #9 despite having never met, nor even TALKED to him.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Should we just package our 2 seconds together and move up as much as we can? Are 2 seconds really making this team?

His health is a legitimate question. Totally understandable the teams would prefer not to take the risk, especially when they only have one FRP.

But for us, who have the Entire World's Collection of Picks, we can afford to burn one on a high risk/high reward guy, especially if it's at #35
    Oh yeah. He is the most delectable orange dreamsicle at that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Should we just package our 2 seconds together and move up as much as we can? Are 2 seconds really making this team?
    That's my preference. #35 and #39 should be able to get you up to #30, might as well move up and just guarantee the best player still left on your board.

2019 DRAFT DAY THREAD

Yeah i’m down
    Last edited by Sleeper; 06-20-2019 at 10:11 PM.

not blown away with our non-obvious draft so far.....

I thought there were 2-3 players who would have been good at #4. Falloff after that, and those players were gone when we picked at 8. Not super excited about hayes, and even less excited about Walker at 17. would have preferred hunter or culver at 4 over these two. Walker at 17 in particular....I mean what's the point?

Some here were hoping for 8 and 10 and I was right in that I knew we weren't getting that. Go down to 17 and I just don't think we have a pick with a ton of upside there. What...we're trading down to draft a guy we hope develops into a solid backup guard? Meh...…

Knowing that the most important piece in the AD trade just became a young athletic big who basically is a catch and dunker at this point and a guy who projects as a replaceable shooting guard, likely backup. We'll see....

Haha both guys I wanted go back to back

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Oh yeah. He is the most delectable orange dreamsicle at that spot.
    Even if he kinda redshirts due to injury recover and training for weight and stuff, or spends a lot of time in the G League, it would be worth it as a prospect. Kinda look at him like a bonus draftee next year, when we aren't likely to have anything outside of our own pick.

With the 27th pick, the Nets select: Mfiondu Kabengele!

He's apparently been traded to LAC. He's Mutombo's nephew, and he's gonna be fun when he's not having knee surgeries.

Porter, Claxton, Bol, and Horton-Tucker still left on the board. Four names I like, with only 8 picks left until we get another shot.

We're gonna be good, I think.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Make the picks and use them as 2-way players

Thread Information