Thread: 2019 DRAFT DAY THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Kawhi would be envious lol
    You say this but...

Hayes had 10.75'' hands.

Kawhi's hands are 9'75''.

So yep.
    Basketball.

Hopefully we get a small forward and a stretch 4/5. We don’t really need a small forward, but I’d like to have one that can shoot. Plus with Ingram’s injury history it would be nice to have one. We don’t have a stretch 4/5 on the roster to space the floor. Kabengele would be perfect, but no way he falls that far. He could. That’s why I like Naz Reid at 39 cause of his outside shooting.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-20-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Notes on Alexander Walker, just FYI, via The Ringer. Back up PG?

PLUSES

Ambidextrous dribbler and scorer, comfortable with executing in-out dribbles and crossovers, and at-rim finishes and floaters, with either hand.
    Good spot-up shooter who displays instincts for relocating and cutting to get open.
    Passing might be his best NBA skill: He’ll wow you with off-the-dribble left-handed passes to shooters in the corner.
    Fluid ball handler who plays with poise in the pick-and-roll; it looks like he’s coasting but he’s always under control.
    Flashes post scoring skills; with his playmaking, he could use the post as a source for playmaking as a big guard like Evan Turner.
    Long, competitive defender who should be able to effectively defend both guard spots.

MINUSES

Struggles finishing in the paint since his average athleticism means he doesn’t get much elevation.
    More likely a secondary playmaker than a primary due to his lack of burst.
    Ineffective 3-point shooter off the dribble, possibly due to his catapult-like shooting mechanics, where he brings the ball back to his forehead and then launches.

Great pick for Boston at #22 with Grant Williams. I had him going higher, he's a very very good player.

Man, I just want Bol Bol out of stubbornness at this point. Dude looks like a Blade villain

Bilas with another stupid comment. Talking about Grant Williams ''Oh, he's undersized at the forward positions, but...''

He's 6'7 with a 6'11 wingspan. What?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The last thing we need is to make this a team full of young players who don't know how to be professional from guys who are actually All-Star worthy. We need a strong veteran presence now more than ever.
    Extremely true.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Bilas with another stupid comment. Talking about Grant Williams ''Oh, he's undersized at the forward positions, but...''

HE'S SIX. FOOT. EIGHT.
    LOL
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

I was apparently misremembering, he's only 6'7, but still, the point remains. 6'6 without shoes, 6'7 in shoes, 6'11 wingspan is absolutely fine for a forward.

Man, hope we trade up for Bol Bol. Can't be taking like, 3 second round guys.

Utah, selecting for OKC, draft: Darius Bazley

Bazley was another one I liked for the 2nd. How can you pass on a guy that was a top 5 small forward recruit in Nassir Little for a guy that didn’t even play college ball? He’s taller? Lol

The Franchise
    Man, hope we trade up for Bol Bol. Can't be taking like, 3 second round guys.
    We have 2 2nds. The last goes to Atlanta

If Bol Bol falls to us in the second round, we have to take him.

If he doesnt (I don't think he does) then we should still be able to pick up either Jontay Porter or Nicolas Claxton, who are very promising young bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    We have 2 2nds. The last goes to Atlanta
    Yeah, I forgot about that. Still true though, can't see us taking multiple second round guys.

Get those Pelicans Summer League bets into Vegas fast!

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Get those Pelicans Summer League bets into Vegas fast!
    Summer League championship incoming.

The Sixers, picking for Boston, select: Ty Jerome

Wow, he jumped.

Woj says he's going to Phoenix!

Portland needs a small forward and gonna luck into Nassir Little! Damn steal

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Portland needs a small forward and gonna luck into Nassir Little! Damn steal
    Pretty good chance for them to pick up high talent late. Very lucky.

You say this but...

Hayes had 10.75'' hands.
    Where have they gone?

We have good options here. We have #35 and #39, so those are both ''high'' second rounders, and could easily be packaged together to move up, possibly even to the end of the first round. #29th or #30th.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Where have they gone?
    Fletcher Mackel stole them

I hope Kabengele & Dylan Windler falls to us!

If I thought Carsen Edwards could play the point I’d take him, but I see him more like Lou Williams and we have too many 2 guards especially if we keep Moore.

Trade Moore & 39 to get Bol Bol baby!! lol
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-20-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Hmmmmm

Bad take

Thread Information