Pelicans Report

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 DRAFT DAY THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    At the guard positions we have:

Jrue, Moore, Lonzo, Hart, Frank.

At the center position we have:

Hayes, Okafor, Wood.

.....Bol Bol or Brandon Clarke were better picks, with Chuma gone. Goga would have been a clutch move too.
    Relax. You're overreacting. We already drafted a center, plus we have a ton of cap room to fill out this roster. Plus, Moore is gone after this season and Frank hasn't really stood out much.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    There’s no way we keep 5 rookies on the roster. Some of these guys will have to be traded or cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Relax. You're overreacting. We already drafted a center, plus we have a ton of cap room to fill out this roster. Plus, Moore is gone after this season and Frank hasn't really stood out much.
    I'm aware we already drafted a center. I listed him in the centers there. Doesn't change the fact that we are lacking quality bigs. I like Wood as much as anybody and I think Okafor did well last season but both are kinda ''3rd option'' centers. When the BPA is a center, and the highest upside player still available is a center, and we are short on quality centers, I am indeed kinda disappointed that we didn't take one of them.

It's not an overreaction. Like I said, I'm not mad. It's fine, Walker is fine, he'll be solid off the bench, and I'm not mad. Just not excited either.
    Basketball.

Philadelphia takes Thybulle via Boston, not a terrible pick for them.

We ought to try and trade up for a small forward cause can we really have 5 rookies? I say yes but rather get a good 3. I’d trade up for these 4 guys for sure:

Nassir Little
    Keldon Johnson
    Kevin Porter Jr
    Matisse Thybulle - well he just went out

If not hope one of these guys fall:

Dylan Windler
    KZ Okpala
    Louis King

Then take take the best power forward or point guard available.

I would trade up for Bol Bol, Brandon Clarke, or Kabengele too
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-20-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    We ought to try and trade up for a small forward cause can we really have 5 rookies? I say yes but rather get a good 3. I’d trade up for these 4 guys for sure:

Nassir Little
    Keldon Johnson
    Kevin Porter Jr

Dylan Windler
    KZ Okpala
    Louis King

Then take take the best power forward or point guard available
    Windler, Okpala, and King are all going in the second round imo.

I'm aware we already drafted a center. I listed him in the centers there. Doesn't change the fact that we are lacking quality bigs. I like Wood as much as anybody and I think Okafor did well last season but both are kinda ''3rd option'' centers. When the BPA is a center, and the highest upside player still available is a center, and we are short on quality centers, I am indeed kinda disappointed that we didn't take one of them.

It's not an overreaction. Like I said, I'm not mad. It's fine, Walker is fine, he'll be solid off the bench, and I'm not mad. Just not excited either.
    Most likely we're gonna sign a veteran center to start, especially one who can shoot. Someone like Lopez or Dedmond. Plus, Walker can shoot as well and does a lot of things well. We would have drafted a center who would end up being 5th on the depth chart.

Man every second player in this draft has had parent that has died . Sucks

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Taco anyone????

Really wanted Clarke, but I guess the wingspan and questions about shooting range are knocking him down. I think he'll turn out to be a great pro, but so it goes.

No hate at all for Alexander Walker. Saw him play in a few games in the ACC and he's a hard-nosed guard with some length and an all-around solid skill set. I just didn't think of him for us because we are already loaded at guard. Happy to let the plan play out. He's a player, well coached in college, who will give you good minutes even as a rookie. I'll tell you right now our defense is going to be hellacious..

The Franchise
    Moore is prob gonna be moved so we don’t have as many Sg as we think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Most likely we're gonna sign a veteran center to start, especially one who can shoot. Someone like Lopez or Dedmond. Plus, Walker can shoot as well and does a lot of things well. We would have drafted a center who would end up being 5th on the depth chart.
    If you can draft someone with that ability and have them fit the timeline and be cost controlled for multiple years, that's always better than signing them in FA.

Walker can shoot, sure, like I said, I am totally fine with him. You don't need to sell me on his game, I know it pretty well and I know he's solid. A shooting BIG, however, is more valuable because it frees up the floor for Zion to drive more easily.

Bol Bol probably would have redshirted to workout, develop, and put on weight, but Clarke would have been backup centre above Okafor and Wood immediately. Not 5th man deep at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Taco anyone????

Yes, yes, yes

This is not to start a rumor, but with the abundance of guards, could Jrue be on his way out? We do need some veteran leadership.

We stan for Memphis, taking Clarke so that Boston can't get him.

Him and Jaren Jackson is gonna be a defensive nightmare. Just blocking everything.

Nassir Little
    Keldon Johnson
    Kevin Porter Jr

Dylan Windler
    KZ Okpala
    Louis King

Then take take the best power forward or point guard available.

I would trade up for Bol Bol, Brandon Clarke, or Kabengele too
    I think we'll get a shot at one of the guys in your second three....

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    This is not to start a rumor, but with the abundance of guards, could Jrue be on his way out? We do need some veteran leadership.
    It wouldn't be starting the rumour at all, people have been pushing this for like a week now. Maybe longer.

The answer today is the same as it was then: no.

OK City just got a steal IMO. Whoever gets Little will get a steal too.

One of these playoff teams has got to take a chance on Bol Bol pretty soon.

OK City just got a steal IMO. Whoever gets Little will get a steal too.

One of these playoff teams has got to take a chance on Bol Bol pretty soon.
    It's going to Memphis, the pick was traded.

I want Cameron Edwards!

Honestly, I love you Chauncy but your player comparisons have been absolute dog trash garbage all night.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The last thing we need is to make this a team full of young players who don't know how to be professional from guys who are actually All-Star worthy. We need a strong veteran presence now more than ever.

Look At This Man's Hands.

Look At This Man's Hands.
    Kawhi would be envious lol

Thread Information