Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 DRAFT DAY THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We gave up a guy who played 5 games and has a massive number of questions surrounding him for one of the most athletic players in the draft who is already a versatile defender, elite rim protector and rim runner, with a massive amount of upside and some of the best advanced stats in the draft.

Worth it.
    The only logic problem with that. We are gonna have a guard problem soon and we maybe too good to get a solid one in the top 10 unless the Lakers completely implode. You may like it, but finding a great guard later in the draft is a nightmare..

I thoroughly support getting a 5 for Zion tho.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Please take Nassir Little!! Dude has huge potential as a 3 & D wing IMO. Big time athlete
    If little fell to 17 I’m beyond happy

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    The only logic problem with that. We are gonna have a guard problem soon and we maybe too good to get a solid one in the top 10 unless the Lakers completely implode. You may like it, but finding a great guard later in the draft is a nightmare..
    I don't agree with that too much, I think there are a bunch of good guard prospects in next years draft class, and we have a couple of promising young guards right now in Lonzo and Frank. Obviously we have Jrue for a couple of years as well, and we have enough draft capital to move up next year if we see a guy we know we just need to have.

Obviously that's tentative since who knows what guys will actually look like when they're in college.
    Basketball.

‘Farts with anticipation’

Pistons selecting Doumbouya according to everything I've seen, so let's see.

The best players available are Little, Clarke, & Bol Bol. So I hope we get one of them, preferably Little

Come on Orlando take Clarke unless we pass on Little

Detroit selects SEKOU DOUMBOUYA

Sorry Sekou...

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    A lot of people have him as a late first. Seen a few mocks see him going to San Antonio.
    What’s his downside/weaknesses that make him fall?

To me it's Brandon Clarke all day long. He and Zion + Hayes = incredibly athletic front court for next 8-10 years. Plus, Clarke's is just a damn good basketball player who is being discounted because of having a less than ideal wingspan.

That said you could reproduce a lot what he does with Chuma or another good small big that's still on board.... Still, I'd take Clarke and not look back
    Last edited by new city champ; 06-20-2019 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Think defense based on what little i know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    He's barely 6'0 tall, wouldn't be surprised if he was really 5'11. Doesn't really look to pass: he has one mode, and it's shoot shoot shoot. Limited defensive ability.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    To me it's Brandon Clarke all day long. He and Zion + Hayes = incredibly athletic front court for next 8-10 years. Plus, Clarke's is just a damn good basketball player who is being discounted because of having a less than ideal wingspan.

That said you could reproduce a lot what he does with Chumlee or another good small big that's still on board.... Still, I'd take Clarke and not look back
    I agree. Clarke probably only player to ever block Zion as hard as i saw the other night when rewatching Duke vs Gonzaga. He was giving Zion fits!

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post

That said you could reproduce a lot what he does with Chumlee or another good small big that's still on board.... Still, I'd take Clarke and not look back
    Who plays small forward then?

Apparently Orlando is focused on Okeke at #16, which I think is a great pick for them.

Bol Bol and Brandon Clarke still on the board.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    He's barely 6'0 tall, wouldn't be surprised if he was really 5'11. Doesn't really look to pass: he has one mode, and it's shoot shoot shoot. Limited defensive ability.
    Ah ha thanks. Thanks sleeper as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I agree. Clarke probably only player to ever block Zion as hard as i saw the other night when rewatching Duke vs Gonzaga. He was giving Zion fits!

Clarke's probably the most athletic guy in this draft not named Zion, and he's just a smart, smart player. Very good passer, fantastic timing and anticipation, versatile defender who can switch onto the perimeter.

Kind of shocked he's fallen this far tbh.

Nasir little at 17 please!!!

Apparently Orlando is focused on Okeke at #16, which I think is a great pick for them.

Bol Bol and Brandon Clarke still on the board.
    Please stop leaking every pick lol

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Who plays small forward then?
    He and Zion totally switchable in 4/5 small ball line up. Also think either Clarke or Zion can move out to SF for stretches eventually. They are very similar players...and I like that!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    BOL BOLLLLL OR NASSSS

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Please stop leaking every pick lol
    I'm just parroting Woj, I'm sorry I'll stop.

Silver, it's pronounced Oh-KAY-kee, not Oh-kee-kee.

Okeke with a torn ACL?? Damn! Thought we would have a shot at him in the 2nd.

Take Nassir Little, but I won’t be upset with Brandon Clarke or Bol Bol

I'm just parroting Woj, I'm sorry I'll stop.
    Haha I know you’re not doing it on purpose and just excited as am I

Do it, Griff. Clarke....Clarke...Clarke. You won't regret it...

Thread Information