Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 DRAFT DAY THREAD

My guys:

Little, Bol Bol(but doubt that happens now), Doumbouya drops that far??, Romeo Langford, Keldon Johnson, or maybe a slight reach for Kevin Porter Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Cam Johnson gets picked by the Wolves! He's heading to Phoenix
    Would have loved his shooting to space the floor for Zion

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I could be happy with Clark at 17 or Bol
    Would be completely happy with either. Clarke is a fantastic player, and Bol is risky but has insane upside.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Would have loved his shooting to space the floor for Zion
    BOL BOL.

Is on the BOL BOARD.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    We gave up Garland to draft a rim protector at #8.

Would be completely happy with either. Clarke is a fantastic player, and Bol is risky but has insane upside.
    We would definitely have an athletic team with Clark added to Zion and Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    We gave up Garland to draft a rim protector at #8.
    We gave up a guy who played 5 games and has a massive number of questions surrounding him for one of the most athletic players in the draft who is already a versatile defender, elite rim protector and rim runner, with a massive amount of upside and some of the best advanced stats in the draft.

Worth it.

We gave up a guy who played 5 games and has a massive number of questions surrounding him for one of the most athletic players in the draft who is already a versatile defender, elite rim protector and rim runner, with a massive amount of upside and some of the best advanced stats in the draft.

Worth it.
    Plus another pick at 17 and possibly another next year

We would definitely have an athletic team with Clark added to Zion and Hayes
    I have Clarke as probably the second most athletic player in this draft after Zion, and then I have Hayes as maybe the fourth or fifth most athletic. So.... yeah

By contrast, Bol is one of the least athletic bigs predicted to go in the first round, possibly THE least athletic, but he's arguably the best shooter in the entire draft.

Don't want to take the shot on Bol for a few reasons starting with my 7'2" guy wanting to camp out on the arc and hating contact.

But Brandon Clarke--all day, every day. If I'm Griff with Cam off the board I'm looking to maybe even package my 2nd rounders and move up to get him...

Worth it.
    This is the funniest excuse I’ve read yet.

Plus another pick at 17 and possibly another next year
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    This is the funniest excuse I’ve read yet.
    Glad I could give you a chuckle.

NAW, Clarke, Langford, Sekou, Btiadze 1 should be there

HORNETS select PJ WASHINGTON with the 12th pick

That's a good selection for them! He's a very good prospect and they just need talent. Good passer, solid defender, very smart player.

The Franchise
    If Bitadze falls to 17 do we trade Hayes?

BOL BOL.

Is on the BOL BOARD.
    Playing Zion at small forward and Hayes at the 4?

It's funny to think that Bol's feet are 7 feet away from his head (that's 213 cm for the international fans)

Please don’t take Tyler Herro! I think he’s overrated. Give me Little, Doumbouya, Bol Bol, or Langford

Bol Bol could play either stretch 4 or 5. I would love his spacing for Zion. Whoever we take here is coming off the bench

Worth it.
    What advanced stats are those? I’m trying to learn as much about Hayes as a player as I can, never watched him

Pretty much agree with this. Not a big fan of Little, Bazley, or Langford, but I could see a real good argument for selecting Sekou, Okeke, Porter, Bol Bol, Clarke, or Williams. Would be pretty happy with any of them.

I think I prefer Clarke, Bol Bol, Okeke, and then Williams in that order.

‘Sweats profusely’

What advanced stats are those? I’m trying to learn as much about Hayes as a player as I can, never watched him
    He took 5 shots a game. So yeah you have to look to advanced stats to get excited lol

4.8 steal/blocks per game at college, shot 76.9% at the rim, had a TS% of 73.9%, a BPM of 12.3. He has 10.75'' hands, which is among the largest of the last few years.

Had a Net Rating of around +43, put up .230 WS/40, had a PER of 27.0.

Just really good, strong numbers all around.

Pretty much agree with this. Not a big fan of Little, Bazley, or Langford, but I could see a real good argument for selecting Sekou, Okeke, Porter, Bol Bol, Clarke, or Williams. Would be pretty happy with any of them.

I think I prefer Clarke, Bol Bol, Okeke, and then Williams in that order.
    Take a project, a medical redshirt with upside, or a safe pick? Ummm yeah thanks MM I wanted us to take a terrible player, what’s next the sky is blue?

Thread Information