Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 DRAFT DAY THREAD

And at #8, the Hawks pick.

But in essence, the New Orleans Pelicans select: Jaxson Hayes

That's a solid pick. We keep it, there's a lot of potential there, and he's a popular enough prospect that if we decide to move it, there will be some interest.

Pick #17 still on the board. Bol Bol time.
    Basketball.

YEsSSSSsSS!!!!!!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I guessed Hayes.

So I got that going for me.

We took Hayes. It’s official. We got Hayes. I’m

Hayes and Zion is the most athletic front court possible.

Lonzo and Jrue throwing lobs to those guys is going to be absurd.

Well we got a center now

Anyone else see nerlens Noel in Hayes?

I have to say, so far I'm killing it!

DRAFT EVE FINAL:

I've gone over the tape, read the scouting reports, flip-flopped a dozen times and finally arrived at my final totally amateur-hour fantasy draft for the Pels tomorrow night. Without further delay...

Pick 1: Zion Williamson, Duke. What's left to be said? Freak show athlete who plays with total effort and looks to be a player to build a dynasty around. A little LeBron. A little Sir Charles. A dash of Wes Unseld? Zion is unique and I can't wait to see what he can turn into as a full time NBA player.

Pick 4: We have a trade! The New Orleans Pelicans send the 4th overall selection in the 2019 NBA Draft, along with SF Solomon Hill, to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for the 8th and 10th overall selections.

Pick 8: Jaxson Hayes PF/C University of Texas. The Pels use their second selection on a bouncy, rangy young big who fits the mold of the modern NBA pivot. Hayes will need time to de
    velop but he is a high-level athlete with good hands and a sports pedigree who can start off as a rim runner and rim protector while he finishes growing into his body.

NOW IF WE CAN SOMEHOW TURN THE REST OF OUR ASSETS INTO BRANDON CLARKE AND CAM JOHNSON, I'M BOOKING THE NEXT FLIGHT TO VEGAS...

Hayes has a lot of upside on offense. Super, super good hands, can catch almost anything. Good FT shooter for a big man, and with the fluidity in his movement I wouldn't be at all surprised if he could add a pretty decent little jumper at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Hayes and Zion is the most athletic front court possible.

Lonzo and Jrue throwing lobs to those guys is going to be absurd.
    Yeah, but he can’t spread the floor at all.

Soooo..... we still going to go after a big man that can spread the floor in FA?

With this pic... I’m thinking not.

Damn it!! I wanted Reddish, Bol Bol, & a banger later. Guess that takes Bol Bol out the question for 17 if he makes it there. We needed a center tho. Damn it wish we took Reddish

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Anyone else see nerlens Noel in Hayes?
    Nope. Hayes is much smoother mover, has better hands.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Yeah, but he can’t spread the floor at all.

Soooo..... we still going to go after a big man that can spread the floor in FA?

With this pic... I’m thinking not.
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Wizards take Rui Hachimura

That's a bad move.

Sideshow Bob comin' to New Orleans

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Damn it!! I wanted Reddish, Bol Bol, & a banger later. Guess that takes Bol Bol out the question for 17 if he makes it there. We needed a center tho. Damn it wish we took Reddish
    Someone will drop to us. Just give it time.

MM on twitter is saying that Griff will keep Hayes. I can see that happening.

Wow Hayes shoots 74% ft

Billups just said Rui Hachimura reminds him of a young Kawhi Leonard because he's such a solid defender.

In other news, my respect for Billups has dropped through the basement floor.

Hachimura's English is very good for a guy who apparently couldn't speak it until he came to college.

I think Rui is a smart pick for wizards

Imagine if we got the 10th pick aswell and picked cam .
    We will see how this trade works in the long haul . But man I think there’s a few smiles in Atlanta . Imagine if they wanted cam at 8. And now get him at 10 but also picking up hunter at the 4 . At least we got cap space now . Be interesting to see what we do with that and jrue because it looks like jrue is 100 percent gone

An aside...….

Now, I'd even overpay a little to get Brook Lopez for three years while Hayes develops.

Quote Originally Posted by bdnp1 View Post
    Imagine if we got the 10th pick aswell and picked cam .
    We will see how this trade works in the long haul . But man I think there’s a few smiles in Atlanta . Imagine if they wanted cam at 8. And now get him at 10 but also picking up hunter at the 4 . At least we got cap space now . Be interesting to see what we do with that and jrue because it looks like jrue is 100 percent gone
    Why would Jrue be gone!? There is zero reason to trade him.

Thread Information