Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Adams and DS are intriguing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Adams definitely is in my opinion.

Lol, Naz Reid is Not Strong.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Adams definitely is in my opinion.
    We wouldn’t have to add much in free agency but maybe a couple of shooters if we got DS and Adams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By far the best deal would be to trade 4 to Atlanta if no team is willing to trade a good veteran big man. That way we get a shot at the best center in the draft in Jaxson Hayes and the best 3 point shooting wing worthy of a top 10 pick in Cam Reddish. A center and 3 point shooting is by far our biggest needs. I would try to trade 8 to Boston for 14 & 20, but would be more than happy to get 3 top 10 players in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    By far the best deal would be to trade 4 to Atlanta if no team is willing to trade a good veteran big man. That way we get a shot at the best center in the draft in Jaxson Hayes and the best 3 point shooting wing worthy of a top 10 pick in Cam Reddish. A center and 3 point shooting is by far our biggest needs. I would try to trade 8 to Boston for 14 & 20, but would be more than happy to get 3 top 10 players in this draft.
    We cannot just keep adding unlimited rookies. If we did both of those trades, we will have added 4 rookies in this draft (not to mention our 2 2nd rounders). That is not happening. I am not completely sold on Hayes as he has no offensive game to speak of. I would stay at 4 and take Garland and take a shot on him.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    We cannot just keep adding unlimited rookies. If we did both of those trades, we will have added 4 rookies in this draft (not to mention our 2 2nd rounders). That is not happening. I am not completely sold on Hayes as he has no offensive game to speak of. I would stay at 4 and take Garland and take a shot on him.
    Hayes' gift is his mobility and his defensive potential. He's extremely fluid. Usually when people say ''moves like a guard'' for a big man, they're being a little hyperbolic, but that's not really the case here. He's got great hands as well, real potential as a rim runner and rim protector who can switch onto the perimeter. His offensive game is still beyond raw, true.

How many rookies do you feel is too many? I feel like if we had a super robust veteran squad around them, 4 would be manageable if difficult. But because we only really have Jrue as a secure vet, and there are still big question marks around Ingram and Ball, 2 is really more realistic.

Assuming we trade back to 10 and decide to go with a center. Who do you guys have Hayes or Goga and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Assuming we trade back to 10 and decide to go with a center. Who do you guys have Hayes or Goga and why?
    I'm happy with either.

Goga has the higher basketball IQ, very good hands, is a solid interior defender and has legitimate high level passing ability. He has the touch that gives him potential to extend his range in time, even if his shot really isn't there right now.

Hayes is far more athletic, is the superior rim protector and has the mobility and feet required to extend his defense to the perimeter. In that sense, he's superior to Goga, but he's so raw offensively that right now he's not good for much more than rim running. A valuable skill, sure, but very limited.

Either has a lot of upside, and either has their own risks, so I'd be happy with either. I'd probably take Goga personally just because I value IQ a lot in prospects with holes in their game, but Hayes isn't an idiot and his potential is just as high in a different direction.

I would hope we don't trade the pick unless we are getting a quality young veteran on a manageable contract or if we move back a few picks and pick up an additional 1st round pick next year and/or shed some salary like Solo. Otherwise go with the top guy left at 4 which should most likely be Garland with the slight possibility of RJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Hayes' gift is his mobility and his defensive potential. He's extremely fluid. Usually when people say ''moves like a guard'' for a big man, they're being a little hyperbolic, but that's not really the case here. He's got great hands as well, real potential as a rim runner and rim protector who can switch onto the perimeter. His offensive game is still beyond raw, true.

How many rookies do you feel is too many? I feel like if we had a super robust veteran squad around them, 4 would be manageable if difficult. But because we only really have Jrue as a secure vet, and there are still big question marks around Ingram and Ball, 2 is really more realistic.
    I would highly doubt that Griffin or Gentry would want 4 1st round rookies. The 2nd rounders could go to the G league or be 2-way players. Those 4 players would be on top of 2 21 year olds that are new to the team. I would bet he only wants Zion as a rookie, but may be able to handle one more other than any 2nd rounders.

I would highly doubt that Griffin or Gentry would want 4 1st round rookies. The 2nd rounders could go to the G league or be 2-way players. Those 4 players would be on top of 2 21 year olds that are new to the team. I would bet he only wants Zion as a rookie, but may be able to handle one more other than any 2nd rounders.
    Well that's kinda what I was saying. If we had a more stable veteran cast, then 4 would be difficult but possibly doable. But because we only have Jrue as a secure vet and the rest of the team is either second or third year guys, 2 is what I see as a more realistic number.

I could stretch to three, if the third one was Bol Bol, because he'd be spending pretty much the entire year just in the weight room and eating rather than actually being a player who needed big minutes and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave View Post
    I would hope we don't trade the pick unless we are getting a quality young veteran on a manageable contract or if we move back a few picks and pick up an additional 1st round pick next year and/or shed some salary like Solo. Otherwise go with the top guy left at 4 which should most likely be Garland with the slight possibility of RJ.
    I feel as long we get a star or stay in the top 10. I'll be fine. Don't like the idea of assets chasing with the 4 pick. Feel like we need to shoot our best shot with the 4th pick in a weak draft unless we can acquire a star or future picks.

Dont sleep on Cameron Johnson. At SF he will be the BEST 3 and D kind of plauer in this draft. We can use that if we trade the pick to go lower in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Dont sleep on Cameron Johnson. At SF he will be the BEST 3 and D kind of plauer in this draft. We can use that if we trade the pick to go lower in the draft.
    Eh, I wouldn't be too sure on that. He's a capable defender, but at 6'8 with only a 6'9 wingspan, he's pretty much just limited to guarding other wings. Can't really guard down too well, and isn't strong enough at this point to guard up on big men. His footwork is average, at best.

Isn't a very good ball handler, isn't a very good passer. He can shoot threes. That's all he does. He does it very well, and in this league that's a super valuable skill, but it's not enough for me to look at him and say ''oh yeah, that's the BEST 3&D prospect in this draft''.

I'd have him behind Hunter, Okeke, Doumbouya, and probably even Grant Williams and PJ Washington. Their ''3'' isn't quite as developed there, but they're better at the ''D'' part, and have a much wider skillset in general.

What rookies? Zion? The whole reason I would make the Boston trade is too hopefully land Bol Bol. Since he’s a huge high risk, high reward player having those two other picks would make it not so bad if he does end up being a bust. We could always trade those 2nd rounders or draft some stash players. I may take two centers at 14 & 20 just to make sure I end up with one potential starter. Take Bol Bol and either Kabengele, Fernando, or Claxton who could possibly play back power forward too. Bol Bol could maybe play 4 like Porzingis since they are about the same size. If we could get Zion, Reddish, Bol Bol, and Fernando that would be ideal. Get a stretch 5 in Bol Bol and a banger in Fernando.

We will have a ton of trade offers for that 4th pick. This draft is so weak when it comes to the point guard position, so teams will be trying to get that 4th pick to get the 4th best player in the draft to many in Darius Garland. I would take De’Andre Hunter at 4 if we don’t make the trade. I think he is the safest player after the top 3 and think he would be the only guy that can play with our other 4 core players since he’s a combo forward. But I would bet that we end up moving the pick. Center is our biggest need and Hayes is the best in the draft unless Bol Bol reaches his potential. Unless we can get a good big man straight up for that pick, but haven’t seen any rumors flying around. But I didn’t see too many when we traded the 6th pick in 2013 for Jrue either.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-19-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Wait hold up. If RJ is 6'7. Zion has to be at least 6'9. Maybe even 6'10, he looks to have a solid 2-3 inches on him in height.
    Absolutely, if rj is 6’7” like listed Zion is 6’10”

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Absolutely, if rj is 6’7” like listed Zion is 6’10”

Here's Zion again, looking still much taller than 6'7 listed Barrett, and also looking an inch or so taller than 6'8 listed Cam Reddish.

Zion confirmed for 6'9.5

Basketball Guru
    i just want thursday night to hurry up and come so i can see zion put on the pelican hat then hope i see the 4th pick is hunter or we trade to the pacers for turner and go to bed lol...

That would be my optimal draft!

Take Zion at 1.
    Trade 4 for 8 & 10 with Atlanta
    Trade 8 for 14 & 20 with Boston

1. Pels: Zion Williamson
    2. Griz: Ja Morant
    3. Knicks: RJ Barrett (wish he fell but doubt that happens)
    4. Hawks: Jared Culver - think he would fit the best with Young
    5. Cavs: De’Andre Hunter
    6. Suns: Darius Garland
    7. Bulls: Coby White
    8. Celtics: Sekou Doumbouya - they could use a 4 like him, Pascal Siakam type 4 man
    9. Wizards: Jaxson Hayes - learn from Dwight Howard for a year then take over at center
    10. Pels: Cam Reddish - 3 point shooting wing we need IMO
    14. Pels: Bol Bol - 3 point shooting, shot blocking stretch 4/5 with some huge risk
    20. Pels: Bruno Fernando - rebounding, shot blocking banger in the paint that would fit nicely with Zion & Bol Bol & if Bol Bol can’t stay healthy we got some insurance

C: Bol Bol or Okafor or Fernando
    PF: Zion, Bol Bol
    SF: Ingram, Reddish
    SG: Jrue, Hart
    PG: Ball, Payton

Resign Payton. Yes I doubt it happens that we trade back twice, but I would try to land Bol Bol & Fernando over just Hayes at center. We would have our 2, 3, & 5 position locked up for a while.

Too many rookies

Take Zion at 1.

8. Celtics: Sekou Doumbouya - they could use a 4 like him, Pascal Siakam type 4 man
    9. Wizards: Jaxson Hayes - learn from Dwight Howard for a year then take over at center
    14. Pels: Bol Bol - 3 point shooting, shot blocking stretch 4/5 with some huge risk
    20. Pels: Bruno Fernando - rebounding, shot blocking banger in the paint that would fit nicely with Zion & Bol Bol & if Bol Bol can’t stay healthy we got some insurance

Resign Payton. Yes I doubt it happens that we trade back twice, but I would try to land Bol Bol & Fernando over just Hayes at center. We would have our 2, 3, & 5 position locked up for a while.
    Come on, this is not 2K or fantasy basketball. Griffin is not going to draft 4 rookies in the 1st round (and 2 2nd rounders).

Take Zion at 1.

This the wrong draft to have 6 rookies. You guys be making the big mistake of chasing assets over talent like Danny. Get the talent at 4th or 6th/7th.

I just wanna draft Zion and one other guy.

There are plenty of names that I think are worth drafting, depending on what Griff is looking for and which spot we pick at. I'd be happy with Goga, Hayes, Hunter, Culver, Okeke, Claxton, Porter, Porter Jr, Garland, and probably some others whose name isn't jumping to mind right now.

The only way I draft 3 is if the third is Bol Bol, because he would barely play for the first year and he would essentially be a project big. He wouldn't be someone Gentry would be trying to integrate into the offense regularly this year.

If I’m being honest, I’d bet the bank we trade pick 4 for a player, count on it.

Thread Information